How to recruit vassals ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, I am looking for how to recruit vassals because when I succeed in persuading a chieftain he asks me for at least 400,000 denier and yet I have a good relationship with the kingdoms. Do you have a solution ? (I'm French so it's translated with Google translation sorry)

i dont know exactly because i never get to this point :LOL:

but i think you have to "id like to discuss ..." something something and then comes the option "you want to join me.. " something something.
then you have to win the talking game and after that you have to pay a lot of money. price depends on relation and how many fiefs they have

Hello, I am looking for how to recruit vassals because when I succeed in persuading a chieftain he asks me for at least 400,000 denier and yet I have a good relationship with the kingdoms. Do you have a solution ? (I'm French so it's translated with Google translation sorry)
Find a clan with no fiefs, the amount they ask for is heavily influenced by the amount of fiefs they have.

First of all never do it inside a settlement, do it chasing them in the map, you can offer some stuff, not only money. And save before any attempt, you can reload and try again.

Tout d'abord, ne le faites jamais à l'intérieur d'une colonie, faites-le en les poursuivant sur la carte, vous pouvez offrir des choses, pas seulement de l'argent. Et enregistrez avant toute tentative, vous pouvez recharger et réessayer.
Merci pour votre réponse mais est-il normal que le montant demandé soit également élevé? Parce que pour moi, cela peut aller à plus d'un million.

Merci pour votre réponse mais est-il normal que le montant demandé soit également élevé? Parce que pour moi, cela peut aller à plus d'un million.
Vous essayez probablement cela dans un état intermédiaire du jeu, au début il est très difficile d'obtenir la désertion d'un noble de votre faction, au fur et à mesure que le jeu se déroule, ils demanderont moins d'argent. Le jeu n'est pas convivial pour quiconque essaie immédiatement de créer un royaume, vous aurez de sérieux problèmes, ils iront tous en guerre contre vous, même si vous gagnez dix batailles et qu'elles sont annulées, ils continueront à demander de l'argent pour avoir paix. Bad days are coming.

Yep you have it figured out. 400,000 deniers is actually pretty cheap. I mean outside of a war, your asking him to give up everything he owns, cities, castles, villages, his relationship with his current liege, everything in the hopes that you are a man of your word and will provide him even more than he already had under his previous liege.

Thanks for your answers, but when you say you need to find clans without strongholds, what do you do? Via the encyclopedia?
Exactly you got it, use the encyclopedia to check out clans. Start with the weakest kingdom.

In one play through I wanted a sturgian kingdom so I joined vlandia as a vassal to help them weaken sturgia and be awarded sturgian towns when we took them. I then turned around left vlandia and recruited the sturgian clans who were fiefless and liked me due to releasing them after battle.

Yep you have it figured out. 400,000 deniers is actually pretty cheap. I mean outside of a war, your asking him to give up everything he owns, cities, castles, villages, his relationship with his current liege, everything in the hopes that you are a man of your word and will provide him even more than he already had under his previous liege.
Which is why landless ones are cheaper. In my 1.5.7 game, I had a brief pause in wars at the same time as my nearest rivals were both beaten up (partly but not entirely by me) and with some landless lords. I managed to recruit 5 decently populated clans* - approx 400k, 340k, 320k, 120k, and 75k. Earlier a smaller landless clan (one of the newer ones which start without a fief) had joined for less than 20k. Five clans in a couple of days in game, for less than a million and a quarter. At which point, my kingdom strength was almost double my largest rival; not sure I'll continue it.

* I know people have speculated (looked at the code?) on what factors affect price as well as landless - relations, traits, tier - but wonder if the number of adults in a clan has an impact. Should take a look at the clans I recruited again and compare...

Which is why landless ones are cheaper. In my 1.5.7 game, I had a brief pause in wars at the same time as my nearest rivals were both beaten up (partly but not entirely by me) and with some landless lords. I managed to recruit 5 decently populated clans* - approx 400k, 340k, 320k, 120k, and 75k. Earlier a smaller landless clan (one of the newer ones which start without a fief) had joined for less than 20k. Five clans in a couple of days in game, for less than a million and a quarter. At which point, my kingdom strength was almost double my largest rival; not sure I'll continue it.

* I know people have speculated (looked at the code?) on what factors affect price as well as landless - relations, traits, tier - but wonder if the number of adults in a clan has an impact. Should take a look at the clans I recruited again and compare...
Thanks for your answers, but I have one last question. Thanks to your answers I was able to recruit 3 clan and with that and a mercenary I crushed Battania but a problem arises the games do not tell me that Battania is defeated. What does it take to defeat a kingdom? For information, Battanie no longer has any land.

Thanks for your answers, but I have one last question. Thanks to your answers I was able to recruit 3 clan and with that and a mercenary I crushed Battania but a problem arises the games do not tell me that Battania is defeated. What does it take to defeat a kingdom? For information, Battanie no longer has any land.
It depends...

If you've defeated a kingdom as part of the main questline (see below*), you defeat a kingdom by getting the quest progress bar against that kingdom to '+100'. Infact, you don't even have to do it all yourself - other kingdoms beating them up will also move the quest progress. If you get to +100 against a quest-target kingdom, they will 'disappear' from Calradia; any remaining clans will move to other kingdoms (possibly including yours), taking any remaining settlements with them.

*If you've created/supported an imperial kingdom, the target kingdoms (I believe; never done it this way) will be Battania, Vlandia and Sturgia. If you've created/supported a non-imperial kingdom, the target kingdoms will be the 3 imperial kingdoms.

If you've defeated a kingdom not as part of the main questline - which seems to be your case - nothing. The ruling clan will carry on, much like a minor clan. It might even make a comeback. You can make peace with them, but because they've got nothing to lose, you might have to pay them for it.

It depends...

If you've defeated a kingdom as part of the main questline (see below*), you defeat a kingdom by getting the quest progress bar against that kingdom to '+100'. Infact, you don't even have to do it all yourself - other kingdoms beating them up will also move the quest progress. If you get to +100 against a quest-target kingdom, they will 'disappear' from Calradia; any remaining clans will move to other kingdoms (possibly including yours), taking any remaining settlements with them.

*If you've created/supported an imperial kingdom, the target kingdoms (I believe; never done it this way) will be Battania, Vlandia and Sturgia. If you've created/supported a non-imperial kingdom, the target kingdoms will be the 3 imperial kingdoms.

If you've defeated a kingdom not as part of the main questline - which seems to be your case - nothing. The ruling clan will carry on, much like a minor clan. It might even make a comeback. You can make peace with them, but because they've got nothing to lose, you might have to pay them for it.
Once again thank you. For now, I am still talking to the nobles about the main quest, I haven't tackled it yet but plan to do so in a short time. And now I understand the undefeated kingdoms better. Once again thank you and have a good evening (or day)

Actually they don't even have to be landless to get them much, much cheaper. For example, if you have really, really good relations with them they are exceptionally cheap to recruit. I actually had my wife's, father's clan at 100 relation when I recruited him and it only cost me like 15k. He brought two cities and a castle with him as well and had a large family. For this reason I think that relation is the biggest factor.

En fait, ils n'ont même pas besoin d'être sans terre pour les obtenir beaucoup, beaucoup moins cher. Par exemple, si vous avez de très, très bonnes relations avec eux, ils sont exceptionnellement bon marché à recruter. J'avais en fait le clan de ma femme, mon père à 100 relations quand je l'ai recruté et cela ne m'a coûté que 15k. Il a également amené deux villes et un château avec lui et avait une grande famille. Pour cette raison, je pense que cette relation est le facteur le plus important.
Je suis d'accord avec vous que la relation joue beaucoup mais ce n'est pas que ça. Regardez par exemple j'ai +80 de relation avec le père de ma femme et pourtant il me demande au moins 800000 deniers si ce n'est plus oui oui il y a la relation mais le nombre de terres aussi car tous les vassaux que j'ai réussi à recrue était sans terre.

Back
Top Bottom