How to play horse archer after this patch?

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean that horse archers in mp is useless now cuz aiming became terrible. 90% arrows fly behind you back! And Khuzait are really the weakest faction now. I understand, horse archery isn't easy to do but.. - here aiming is wonderful.

I mean that horse archers in mp is useless now cuz aiming became terrible. 90% arrows fly behind you back! And Khuzait are really the weakest faction now. I understand, horse archery isn't easy to do but.. - here aiming is wonderful.

Good, horse archers in mp are super annoying. :smile:

Doesn't it help when you slow down the horse a bit? it makes sense that it would be harder to aim at full gallop than at a trot and also help to balance a bit the Genghis-like terminators in this game lol

Horse archery was WAY op, I would fight dozens of battles with next to no loses. I would basically tell my HA troops to attack (which was my entire army) go and have dinner and when I came back I would have a victory with 0 loses most of the time with 1 or 2 at most. It was pretty stupidly over powered and got boring real fast. Now you need perks like bow control and the horse archery perks to be able to use a bow effectively on a horse.

I was gonna drop some awesome advice but it seems you're only interested in MP.
Since you can't skill up in MP you're SOOL.
Of course there's one trick that might help you yet
dismount or stand still

Yes

Code Analysis (Beta v1.5.3)

This perk multiplies the maximum accuracy penalty induced by movement by 0.7 (-30%).
It also correctly multiplies bow damage by 1.05 (+5%) for troops in the hero's formation.

https://www.bannerlordperks.com/perk;skill=bow
I've read that but I don't know if it's for moving on a horse or just foot?
Because moving on foot *****s up aim big time even when your skill is high and it's easy from moving horse.

Doesn't it help when you slow down the horse a bit? it makes sense that it would be harder to aim at full gallop than at a trot and also help to balance a bit the Genghis-like terminators in this game lol
Yes, but this is the only way to make the aim small. If I slow down my horse a bit, lancer riding behind will kill me. I understand if other factions except Khuzaits have not good ha, but special class "Mounter archer" doesn't different from Druzhinnik or Cataphract(except that bow and number of arrows). Like I said, aiming in video is better than current.

I've read that but I don't know if it's for moving on a horse or just foot?
Because moving on foot *****s up aim big time even when your skill is high and it's easy from moving horse.

It is for both, it is only a 30% penalty reduction but it's really not that noticeable until you stack it with the mounted archer perk.

Yes, but this is the only way to make the aim small. If I slow down my horse a bit, lancer riding behind will kill me. I understand if other factions except Khuzaits have not good ha, but special class "Mounter archer" doesn't different from Druzhinnik or Cataphract(except that bow and number of arrows). Like I said, aiming in video is better than current.
Well it seems like light lancers are the counter to horse archers then, what was the counter before? getting out of arrows to shot at the enemy? all "classes" should have a strength and weakness to be balanced i believe.

Well it seems like light lancers are the counter to horse archers then, what was the counter before? getting out of arrows to shot at the enemy? all "classes" should have a strength and weakness to be balanced i believe.

The counter before was boredom. everyone just gets bored of dumb horse archers and finds other servers or people to fight.

Horse archery is for men....Real women fights on the ground! //2020

Men with very small... polearms.
erhm must correct you Glaives ;D Even though Glaiving is risky business, nothing beats the rush of an Joust challange on the battlefield :grin: And it doesnt count if you dont couch

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom