How to modify existing vanilla Factions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Riffraff99

Veteran
I want to recreate some of the vanilla factions of Bannerlord with vanilla stuff but dont know how to do this, wich files do i have to edit, where are this files and are they at this point of development possible to edit?
And are the Warband Modding tutorials still useful or completely outdated?

I wouldn't hold your breath. Modding tools is great, but releasing them during this refactor chaos creates additional load for the developers. And since they are now marginally behind any logical development plans (content/feature-wise), I am somewhat sure dev tools wills be delayed for the sake of gameplay improvement.

You don't need modding tools to get things done. I've learned to mod the game myself using notepad+ and other people's work to reverse engineer. I'd suggest looking into Calradia at War, and building from that.

You don't need modding tools to get things done. I've learned to mod the game myself using notepad+ and other people's work to reverse engineer. I'd suggest looking into Calradia at War, and building from that.

Yup i thought the same, looks to me atm like you just need correct folder path and the edited .xml in them.

Yup i thought the same, looks to me atm like you just need correct folder path and the edited .xml in them.
It basically comes down to having spitems.xml and spnpcharacters.xml. Party templates and submodules too if you want make changes as a separate module (which I strongly suggest). Doesn't hurt to have console commands to see all the equipment and stuff too.

Back
Top Bottom