How to make sound variations

Users who are viewing this thread

I have override a female voice sound in game and it worked, my problem now is I don't know how to add variations such as when I call for troops, I want to call them in different variation when selected repeatedly (Example: Archers!, Ranged!, Troops!) or the grunts when the character got hurt, she would sound so robotic if she groans the same sound every time she gets hit.

Thanks in advance for anyone who will try to help!

This is the mod file for test.
Overrides the Female_04 voice or the voice "1" on character creation.

Solution
I have override a female voice sound in game and it worked, my problem now is I don't know how to add variations such as when I call for troops, I want to call them in different variation when selected repeatedly (Example: Archers!, Ranged!, Troops!) or the grunts when the character got hurt, she would sound so robotic if she groans the same sound every time she gets hit.

Upvote 1
Solution
Hi, thanks for the link, I have read it now and it helped me add new voice type instead of overriding the existing ones, but I still couldn't find anything about variations, comparing from the original ones, it uses different voice lines when selected repeatedly, for example I repeatedly selected the cavalry troops, the Main character will either call for "horseman" or "Cavalry"

I couldn't make it possible since I can only put one sound on the "path"

voice_definitions.xml
<voice type="Cavalry" path="cavalry" face_anim="cavalry" />

module_sounds.xml
<module_sound name="cavalry" sound_category="mission_voice_shout" path="cavalry.ogg" />

Upvote 0
I try to extract the voice_assets.bank file and found that there's a multiple sound file for a single order, this is completely different from the available adding new sound tutorial for the moment so I understand if it isn't possible for now,
unknown.png

Upvote 0
I'm not familiar with sounds. If I was to guess, I'd say look at the ids in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Sounds\GUIDs.txt as the examples in the official documents http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/playing-sounds/adding-custom-sounds/ and notes in module_sounds.xml talk about getting ids via code. However, I've not done any sound modding so could be completely wrong.

Upvote 1
I checked and I can confirm that the ID's used via code were there, the braces on the left must be related on the .bank file, it looks very similar with RuntimeDataCache for 3d assets.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think there is no out-of-the-box solution for that. But you can do the following: overwrite the order function ( via reflection ) or simply set shout mode to false and make it silent. Then once the hold fire command is called, play sound randomly from your own pool. You can hardcode it or simply add a JSON config for that. It really up to your creativity.

Upvote 1
I haven't resolved this but I'm gonna try making a .bank file sometime using fmod once I learned it, as for how I extracted the bank file, it was a pretty confusing process so I already forgotten it, I searched for multiple tutorials on youtube so I can extract the sound just for familarity.

Upvote 0
Do you resolve this problem? I notice that in the module_sounds.xml, it shows a variation setting. However, I didn't make it success.

Upvote 0
Not yet, but the variation on module_sounds.xml is recent; it was not there before. I'll try to experiment with it soon, thanks for letting me know!
Hi, I just succeed to add the voice variation. Now the next problem is how to control the volume. I have no idea how the game decide the volume

Upvote 0
when I deal with my gunshot sound too ear piercing, I experimented with sound categories, even using horse gallop so that the gunshot sound overlapping won't be too loud. Other idea is edit the sound on 3rd party software like Audacity to manually reduce the volume.

Upvote 0
Besides, when you adding the sound variation, is the sound replaced fully? Although I replace the vanilla sounds, sometimes I still can hear them.

Upvote 0
我已经覆盖了游戏中的女性声音并且它起作用了,我现在的问题是我不知道如何添加变体,例如当我呼叫部队时,我想在重复选择时以不同的变体调用它们(例如:弓箭手! 、远程!、部队!)或者角色受伤时的咕哝声,如果她每次被击中时都发出同样的呻吟声,那么她听起来会很机械。

预先感谢任何愿意提供帮助的人!

这是用于测试的mod文件
覆盖角色创建时的 Female_04 语音或语音“1”。
May I ask if you have succeeded?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom