BL Coding How to make sound variations

Users who are viewing this thread

genrev0914

Recruit
I have override a female voice sound in game and it worked, my problem now is I don't know how to add variations such as when I call for troops, I want to call them in different variation when selected repeatedly (Example: Archers!, Ranged!, Troops!) or the grunts when the character got hurt, she would sound so robotic if she groans the same sound every time she gets hit.

Thanks in advance for anyone who will try to help!

This is the mod file for test.
Overrides the Female_04 voice or the voice "1" on character creation.

Solution
I have override a female voice sound in game and it worked, my problem now is I don't know how to add variations such as when I call for troops, I want to call them in different variation when selected repeatedly (Example: Archers!, Ranged!, Troops!) or the grunts when the character got hurt, she would sound so robotic if she groans the same sound every time she gets hit.

NPC99

Baron
M&BWBWF&SVC

Upvote 1
Solution

genrev0914

Recruit
Hi, thanks for the link, I have read it now and it helped me add new voice type instead of overriding the existing ones, but I still couldn't find anything about variations, comparing from the original ones, it uses different voice lines when selected repeatedly, for example I repeatedly selected the cavalry troops, the Main character will either call for "horseman" or "Cavalry"

I couldn't make it possible since I can only put one sound on the "path"

voice_definitions.xml
<voice type="Cavalry" path="cavalry" face_anim="cavalry" />

module_sounds.xml
<module_sound name="cavalry" sound_category="mission_voice_shout" path="cavalry.ogg" />

Upvote 0

genrev0914

Recruit
I try to extract the voice_assets.bank file and found that there's a multiple sound file for a single order, this is completely different from the available adding new sound tutorial for the moment so I understand if it isn't possible for now,
unknown.png

Upvote 0

genrev0914

Recruit
I checked and I can confirm that the ID's used via code were there, the braces on the left must be related on the .bank file, it looks very similar with RuntimeDataCache for 3d assets.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

XDaron

Sergeant Knight
I think there is no out-of-the-box solution for that. But you can do the following: overwrite the order function ( via reflection ) or simply set shout mode to false and make it silent. Then once the hold fire command is called, play sound randomly from your own pool. You can hardcode it or simply add a JSON config for that. It really up to your creativity.

Upvote 1

genrev0914

Recruit
I haven't resolved this but I'm gonna try making a .bank file sometime using fmod once I learned it, as for how I extracted the bank file, it was a pretty confusing process so I already forgotten it, I searched for multiple tutorials on youtube so I can extract the sound just for familarity.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom