How to Make Men Fire Catapults

Users who are viewing this thread

It's hilarious there's a feature called auto-deploy and that it does NOT have your men use siege engines.
What's the actual way to make them use them? The only one I've seen is stationing them near the siege engine, riding around manually and giving orders to each unit individually to use it. This is dumb and un-fun, there must be a better way.

Then again, with this game, that's not necessarily so. I love this game, but dear lord.

I've never had a problem with nobody using the siege weapons. They always race to them on their own. Regardless, you should be able to assign people to them, especially your engineer or any companion you're training to be an engineer, since its the only good way to level that skill.

Afaik, it's sort of hard-scripted that your guys will always man the siege engines. Even in defense if you tell all your guys to hold behind walls, a couple will always drift to man them unless you remove the siege engines.

Yes, your troops will always use siege engines even when told to move elsewhere. The bigger issue with siege engines is that companions don't always listen to your orders when told to man the engine whether its in pre battle deployment or during a battle.

Yes, your troops will always use siege engines even when told to move elsewhere. The bigger issue with siege engines is that companions don't always listen to your orders when told to man the engine whether its in pre battle deployment or during a battle.
There's a way to tell companions to use siege engines? How? I've never been able to find a command. Even if they didn't listen half the time, it would still be better than just hoping that your engineer randomly decides to use one.

There's a way to tell companions to use siege engines? How? I've never been able to find a command. Even if they didn't listen half the time, it would still be better than just hoping that your engineer randomly decides to use one.
There's no direct way, but if you put one or more companions in an empty formation and then command them to "move" to the siege engine with F1 + F1 when a symbol with cogs appear on top of the siege engine. This sometimes worked sometimes didn't but maybe they fixed it, I don't think I saw any mention in the patch notes and I haven't played the game in like 2 months. It at least should be much easier with the ability to assign companions to specific formations.

There's no direct way, but if you put one or more companions in an empty formation and then command them to "move" to the siege engine with F1 + F1 when a symbol with cogs appear on top of the siege engine. This sometimes worked sometimes didn't but maybe they fixed it, I don't think I saw any mention in the patch notes and I haven't played the game in like 2 months. It at least should be much easier with the ability to assign companions to specific formations.
I should've figured it would only be the most indirect method. That's Taleworlds' specialty. A lesser developer would just let us assign a siege weapons team as if we were a commander issuing commands to troops that follow our commands, but that's not the Taleworlds way

TBH, I've tried multiple ways and it hasn't been consistent, I've just accepted the fact that siege engines ignore player orders. Just a coin toss which unlucky individual is next to trek past the overtaken walls, survive, and still man the ballista, only to die instantly to the enemy snipers mid reload.

when i look at those standing at the siege weapons it seems to be infantry rather then archers. Will test and make a group with a companion and just 3 men and place them close, move everyone else away. Next siege that is.

Back
Top Bottom