How to make a Hideout map ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everyone !

I want to make maps for hideout but I don't understand why the non-player characters don't spawns... I almost get to the boss after few seconds... I tried to search the existing maps but without success. I looked at the navmesh side but the face ids are all at 0...I don't understand what's missing...

Solution
So we will have a proper documentation for this somewhere down the line. Basically for a bandit hideout scene to work you'll need these 3 things:
  1. ~8 "common_area" prefabs with enough (~10) animation points inside the radius for bandits to spawn at
    • Works similarly to the bandit camps in villages: check the headline "Bandit Camps" in our documentation
    • Make sure to give each area a unique index starting from "0"
    • Don't have them to close to each other
  2. The spawn point for the attackers: "sp_hideout_group_attacker"
  3. The position for the boss fight: "hideout_boss_fight"
    • With the script from that prefab you can preview and adjust the character positions for the cutscene
    • You can adjust how long the...
So we will have a proper documentation for this somewhere down the line. Basically for a bandit hideout scene to work you'll need these 3 things:
  1. ~8 "common_area" prefabs with enough (~10) animation points inside the radius for bandits to spawn at
    • Works similarly to the bandit camps in villages: check the headline "Bandit Camps" in our documentation
    • Make sure to give each area a unique index starting from "0"
    • Don't have them to close to each other
  2. The spawn point for the attackers: "sp_hideout_group_attacker"
  3. The position for the boss fight: "hideout_boss_fight"
    • With the script from that prefab you can preview and adjust the character positions for the cutscene
    • You can adjust how long the walking distance is (during the cutscene)
    • And how far the radius of the standing positions are apart
In your case you missed the common areas, so the mission thinks you already killed everyone (since there was 0 alive bandits in the scene) and instantly started the boss fight.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Solution
I would like to thank you for taking the time to answer me on discord and for updating this topic!

For oser user who want to test our village or hideout maps, you have to go to settlement.xml and replace a scene_name rather than simply replace the folder of a scene with your own, it doesn't work well.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom