Users who are viewing this thread

I've married with daughter of Lucon in my gameplay. I was regular trader who had lucky to get some money to afford it, and am skillfull to convince her and her father. I also bought a workshop in Diathma (1 of Lucon's citiy) and worked around there a lot. Trader notables in there likes me a lot, artisans likes me a little and gang leaders there hates me. In the villages of Diathma Village elders most likely likes me or neutral about me. Also Lucon's family, Ostican and my family has 60 Relation which is good!

Now the thing is, Lucon has 1 son who is 29 yo, and 1 daughter which is my wife (23 yo). Lucon and his wife past his age to get a child so its obvious there will be no more child. Since His daughter is my wife, the only blockade between me and being Lucon's heir is his Son! I have to get rid of him somehow. if he dies only heir will be my wife. But tricky situation is I wanna do this without destroying my relation with Lucon before he dies. So can't simply catch his son somewhere, beat him somehow and execute him. I should assasinate him somehow.

Im not even sure if he doesn't have any heir what will happen his territories when he dies, because I don't think they'll be given to another clan directly since his daughter is no longer part of his clan. but still wonder what will happen and do it somehow. Also Im not even sure if there is intrigue mechanic like this... ?

Also to Devs: I think npc's should be more reactionfull against player's act. I would like to see Thasyna the Mouse's (Gangleader who hates me) face when I married with daugther of the King. ? For future tho, once I took the city I expect to be able to kick her out of town by using my title. ?

Last edited:
If he dies clan leadership will be passed to another clan member and if all the members of that clan dies, rulership goes to another clan in that faction. Since your wife is part of your clan now, she will inherit nothing. There's simply no way to intrigue at this stage of the game. Hopefully they'll spice things up later.

I unironically think, when it comes to Bannerlord, that Crusader Kings have too much to steal from.

Politics, Casus Bellis, titles, diplomacy, intrigues, getting rid of people on your court, having children with your brother, so no other Clan can take your titles away... All of this with graphics and fighting system of M&B.

It could be such an immersive, beautiful game.

I unironically think, when it comes to Bannerlord, that Crusader Kings have too much to steal from.

Politics, Casus Bellis, titles, diplomacy, intrigues, getting rid of people on your court, having children with your brother, so no other Clan can take your titles away... All of this with graphics and fighting system of M&B.

It could be such an immersive, beautiful game.
Exactly agree on that! even with that small example of mine shows that, it would be way immersive to play!

I am afraid - while your whole string of thoughts is completely logical - that nothing of this is actually possible in-game, at least at this point :grin:
Not to mention that the only way for nobles to die is apparently to be executed by the player, even if "enable death" is well... ENABLED.

And yes, CK2 has a lot to offer in terms of mechanics regarding dynasty/clan management and diplomacy. I hope it is possible to have TW getting some inspiration from there
I guess the player base would be very happy (I have the suspicion that a lot of M&B players are also like CK2, or vice versa).

Generally speaking inheritance is patriarchal in medieval societies. Maybe they implement claims mechanic, so we would recruit a companion who has a claim, end he automatically becomes our landed vassal if something bad happens to the original owner of the fief.

Generally speaking inheritance is patriarchal in medieval societies. Maybe they implement claims mechanic, so we would recruit a companion who has a claim, end he automatically becomes our landed vassal if something bad happens to the original owner of the fief.

+1

And I think that good idea would be some kind of 'ambition' for lords (or kings only), which you could figure out while talking to them and have some insight of whatever they're up to.

Any kind of claims, CBs or ambition mechanics would be very useful. Right now kings just randomly start wars with anybody disregarding their own power and situation - they take into account only number of adversary's fiefs divided by their manpower. If we could at least know what can we expect in near future (and with CBs or claims have at least some time of peace) strategic aspect of the game would be much more... strategic?

It can create another problem though - boredom in a peacetime and exaggerated predictability. But if Paradox could've make this work, why not TW?

Back
Top Bottom