How to install Native Scene Replacement Pack with Dickplomacy?

Users who are viewing this thread

forlornfire

Recruit
Hi there!

I've played warband for about 10 days now and just realized that some mods would make the gameplay really better, specially the native scene replacement pack with the new beautiful towns. My question is, how can I install the pack (and battle scenes) and have it be compatible with dickplomacy or Diplomacy 4.litdum? I saw these two mods have custom taverns and castles so I'm wondering how to make it work.

I also have no idea what to copy from one file to the other, any kind soul could explain to me how to do that?

Thank you!

The scene pack has its own instructions regarding its installation included in its directory. You should check if your target modifications have their source code released for the public. The rest would be fairly easy, as it would boil down to copying and pasting scene entries and .sco files.

I am not sure if it is possible to simply combine those mods. You will need to make sure that the scene prop list is exactly the same. If so, you could simply replace the sco files with each other and the scene entries too.
The scene pack has its own instructions regarding its installation included in its directory. You should check if your target modifications have their source code released for the public. The rest would be fairly easy, as it would boil down to copying and pasting scene entries and .sco files.
I really do not understand 100% how to make those changes. Apparently this guy here did what I'd like to do:

So, if I want to play Diplomacy 4.litdum and only add the walls, castle, alley and centre from the pack, what exactly do I need to change? I just don't get exactly where I have to copy these lines he mentions.

Sorry for being clueless

First step for you to make would be to learn some really basic principles of modding. Basically, learn what scenes are and look into module_scenes.py to see the file's contents. You will see simple tuples of code which constitute a vital part of any scene.

Second step would be to check if your target module has its own source released for everyone. See this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/guild-of-craftsmen.116434/. Diplomacy's code has been out since 2010, but people made many variations of it which might not be open-source. You have to check yourself if it applies to 4.litdum as well.

Third step would be to follow the instructions contained in the pack's directory. Essentially, you will have to copy the .sco files and paste them into <your mod>/SceneObj. Also you will have to copy the scene entries and paste them to module_scenes.py. Everything is explained in the instructions.

Good luck. It is really easy to understand once you have grasped basic principles of modding. You have to do it on your own, but you will succeed if you follow the instructions.

First step for you to make would be to learn some really basic principles of modding. Basically, learn what scenes are and look into module_scenes.py to see the file's contents. You will see simple tuples of code which constitute a vital part of any scene.

Second step would be to check if your target module has its own source released for everyone. See this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/guild-of-craftsmen.116434/. Diplomacy's code has been out since 2010, but people made many variations of it which might not be open-source. You have to check yourself if it applies to 4.litdum as well.

Third step would be to follow the instructions contained in the pack's directory. Essentially, you will have to copy the .sco files and paste them into <your mod>/SceneObj. Also you will have to copy the scene entries and paste them to module_scenes.py. Everything is explained in the instructions.

Good luck. It is really easy to understand once you have grasped basic principles of modding. You have to do it on your own, but you will succeed if you follow the instructions.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom