How to install mods on Windows 8?

Users who are viewing this thread

burkestout98

Recruit
This is the first time I've tried to install mods for Mount and Blade Warband. I have Windows 8, and I've tried to install mods from YouTube videos but it's not working, and I think it has to do with Windows 8. Could anybody help?

Nothing to do with Windows 8 at all, installing mods is pretty easy as well. I'm using a windows 8.
In case you did something wrong...
Instructions:
Download a mod, any mod, but make sure it's not an original M&B one. You CANNOT install original M&B mods for Warband and vice versa.  Then simply unzip it, and copy it into your Modules folder inside your directory. If you have Steam, it would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules

If you don't have Steam, it would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MountBlade Warband\Modules
When you are finished installing your mod, start the launcher and click on the inverted pyramid (upside-down triangle) next to the bar that says Native on it.

If you installed it successfully, the mod should show up. Select it, then start the game.

TheGME said:
Nothing to do with Windows 8 at all, installing mods is pretty easy as well. I'm using a windows 8.
In case you did something wrong...
Instructions:
Download a mod, any mod, but make sure it's not an original M&B one. You CANNOT install original M&B mods for Warband and vice versa.  Then simply unzip it, and copy it into your Modules folder inside your directory. If you have Steam, it would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules

If you don't have Steam, it would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MountBlade Warband\Modules
When you are finished installing your mod, start the launcher and click on the inverted pyramid (upside-down triangle) next to the bar that says Native on it.

If you installed it successfully, the mod should show up. Select it, then start the game.

My computer doesn't give the option to Extract or Unzip the Diplomacy thing when I right click it... I honestly have no idea what the f--k I'm doing.

Back
Top Bottom