How to implement/declare modded files in a custom folder?

Users who are viewing this thread

vota dc

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I changed many things in scattered files (talewords.campaign using dnspy has most of the code used in game, also under sandboxcore there are xml for items and troops and under native even xml for base movement Speed) and every change seems to apply to the game. But I can only change those files in the original folder. If I try to copy in a custom folder rather than replacing the original files they don't work anymore, I can't even create a blank mod using custom folder, YouTube guide didn't help me much.l, I get different results.

What xmls did you change? Please provide a complete list.

I changed Native parameters,spnpccharacters and weapons.xml
No problem when I change them in the original folders, more problem if I put them in custom folder even when I declare them with the xmlnode in the submodule.xml file, I guess they are still out of contest since one come from sandboxcore and the other from native.
Anyway if I use two files with the same name in different modules will this create conflict or the one of the module loaded later will replace the other one?

The quickest way to create a blank mod is to use the 'Create Module' option in the Tools file menu.
For now I just copied simple mod and changed the Submodule.xml file to suit the dll and xml used, I will try to use this method.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom