How to host multi player matches

Users who are viewing this thread

ian626

Recruit
ok so i havent started playing the new m&t yet because i am still downloading it (i hate slow internet) but i have already downloaded the dedicated server and i was wondering how to use it?  could u give a simple step by step guide because i am a bit of a noob

If you just wanna set up a quick game with your friends or something you won't need the dedicated server files, there's a much easier to use "host" button in the game itself.

ian626 said:
ok ty........ but if i do decide to make a dedicated server is there any tips you have?

What exactly do you want to know?

There's a readme file that comes with the dedicated server files that should pretty much explain everything.
Just edit the file you want (say you want a battle server, edit sample_battle.txt) to the settings you want (of course you won't know what the settings do if you've never played the game, so you might wanna just leave them at standard), then run the sample_battle_start.bat file.

Only other thing you gotta do is forward your ports... 7240-7245 UDP/TCP if I remember right.

Back
Top Bottom