How to get veterans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Noob question:

When you guys say release/recruit, do you mean like going into the camp/party menu and recruiting/releasing the guys you have there? This is accessible from the overland map right? How do you determine which city they end up in, is it just the closest one to where they were released from?

They're referring to going to the recruitment interface from within a town, displaying your party members (if they're currently hidden) and then releasing them into that town's pool of veteran recruits to get a veteran type from that town.

Yes.  There are really two slightly different methods: capture + recruit is the first, rescue + hire is the second.

Here's exactly what I do for rescue:

1a) I spot an enemy army that has Veteran-type troops as prisoners.  I defeat the army and hire the veteran troops into my army.

And for capture/recruit:

1b) I defeat an enemy army, and take some Veteran-type troops prisoner.  Then, from the camp menu, I recruit them into my army.

The last step is the same for both:

2) I travel to one of my towns or castles (villages don't work), and go to the troop recruitment screen.  From there you can release the Veteran-style troops and they become generic Veteran Recruits in the pool.  If you so desire, they can then be re-recruited as a different type of Veteran unit.

If you have Nord Huscarls in your army, you can release them in Praven and "transform" them into Praven Knights.

Tournaments should still provide veterans, but only do if you are a vassal or king.
If you're a king then you gain free veterans in each of your castles / towns per week based upon your right to rule. I will be extending this to vassals in the future.
If you successfully siege a location you'll gain veterans as well.
But how where do they appear in vanilla?wheere

Back
Top Bottom