SP Tutorial Other How to get to work almost every 1.011 mod in warband — in very few steps

Users who are viewing this thread

Flanged said:
Wow, this is amazing.  Scrdest told me that Gangs of Glasgow works, and it does (with only a few tiny tweaks to scene_props.txt).  It is still stupid and ugly-looking, but it plays alright.  One unexpected bug is that a lot of the guys seem to have brooms sticking out of their faces for no reason.

This is brilliant work Swyter, I love it.  :grin:

Sadly The Old Firm won't port over because it relies on the old Quick Battle system.

This gives me lots of ideas, though.  Certainly a much faster and easier way of porting than manually copying over all the text through Python while looking out for bits where Warband is different from 1.011.

I am flabbertigibetted by this!

what tweaks are those?

Swyter said:
Deis said:
I followed the instructions and have moved a few mods into my 1.143 Warband\Modules folder.  I moved the correct files into the correct folders and have attempted to test Lords and Realms, Expanded Gameplay, 1257 AD Middle Europe, and a few others however I am running into an easily reproducible error.  When ever I upgrade in the party screen to a troop with a horse, or select a troop with a horse, the game crashes with the error "incorrect skeleton type for anim 406 at creation".

Also in town I receive the error

Illegal lvalue in statement; Opcode = 715: LINE NO: 9:
At_Script [230] tick_town_walkers.
At_Script [230] tick_town_walkers.

I also am not allowed to walk through the gates of any town. I simply run into an invisible barrier.

Of course, there are glitches to iron, with a bit of reading on the Forge you can do some workarounds easily.
But hey, now you have it working, loads and you can experience a good part of the module.

It's pretty good counting with all the huge incompatibilities.

Technical stuff:

Opcode 715 is the following:
Code:
position_transform_position_to_parent = 715 # (position_transform_position_to_parent,<dest_position_no>,<position_no>,<position_no_to_be_transformed>),

Just delete it in the
Code:
scripts.txt
file... But, that's only a warning.

About the barriers, just use enable edit mode in the launcher, when you're in any scene press Alt + Enter and then Ctrl+E, you can move the barriers around and then save them pressing Ctrl+E again. That will help a lot.

The horse skl problem is much more complex and I can't tell you exactly how to work it around.
Maybe using the original BRF instead of the Warband one. Looks like they've changed the number of bones.

This didn't work for me, I only succeeded in creating an error when deleting the town thing from the scripts. Am I doing it wrong?

How can this tread be hidden on the 4th page I don't even. This deserves a big ol' bump. But, to make it less pointless: does anybody know how to fix either of these:

a) Broom-in-the-face problem for porting Gangs of Glasgow (all NPCs appear to have a broom, one of the weapons, stuck in their face)

b) Menacing invisible stick problem - Lords and guards on castle, town etc. are standing in the position used for polearm stance, brandishing air between their hands menacingly. Found in GoG and Europe 1805 in all scenes. Other mods untested.

c) Exhibitionist lords in castles and towns - same as above, to add another layer of terror, the air-wielding lords appear stark naked (i.e. with no armor of any sort, even clothes) - found in same mods as above.

jakedasnake said:
Does anyone know if this works with the new 1805 version II?

I must confirm, that yes, it does work. It has some flaws like a misplaced health bar, or guard standing animations (found only that yet, five minutes in it), but as I said, it seems to working pretty good overall. I don't even have to lower details.

EDIT:
Bugs:
E8BCC7B8793DD4DC19A59A98008009E999075E68
B49DFB8EAEA02B534C9CD547DD7B5B6A6A5896BE
9AE55E21051A2FDE5D4E4FEF5C83681FBEDFEC4B
Health bar not working at all
And the muskets are reloaded as crossbows.

When i try to start the game it say: Run time error mb_warband.exe

Malgus20033 said:
Will magic world work?

Apologies for the thread necro, but I am the curator for Magic World now, I just discovered this thread via the M&B subreddit, and I intend to try this weekend.

So, I did exactly what the instructions told me to, but once I click "New Game" it crashes at "Loading Save Game"

Something I'm missing?

Back
Top Bottom