How to fix LACK OF UPDATING

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrandmaFunk said:
MadocComadrin said:
we're talking about extra content that would be added to the core of the game,

so was I.

Sorry, you're comment about the 2 months being not long enough threw me off. 2 months is more a time period for bigger DLC's than core material. For example, when Battlefied Heroes came out of beta, it had only a few maps. Not only were they adding more clothes, promo or otherwise, once the map dev(s) (there might have been only one) got back from summer vacation, there was a new map in about a week or two.

Jammal_Johnson said:
So new stuff doesnt come out at all, now i know your an indie dev SO I HAVE AN IDEA.

A competition best maps from modders (10 or so) get included in the next update/patch Plus the best Gametypes. Bam problem solved.

Because ive noticed a sharp decline in people actually playing this game probably due to lack of content, and not everyone wants to deal with the hassle of mods (i dont care but most people are whiny babies) SO why not just throw a load of good custom maps, gametypes, weapons, armor, horses, banners, ect INTO The next update.

By having the modders do it it requires hardly any work on the developer end other than putting the update together, weeding out the crap maps ect, and then uploading it.

they are working VERY hard on this game...Guess You haven't read the beta posts? they have new map/s and TONS of fixes, once they get the game all fixed of errors (or at least most of them)...then the would probably make new maps and such...Just give them time.

MadocComadrin said:
GrandmaFunk said:
the game has only been out a bit over 2 months, there's no need for extra content yet.

the devs are rightfully focused more on fixing bugs and balance issues

The thing is, we're not talking about extra content like a DLC business model (which, in my opinion, is a scam to release games earlier than they should be, milk the customer in most cases, and discourage renting) we're talking about extra content that would be added to the core of the game, since there really isn't enough maps to keep the crowd interested...and snowy village and ruined fort suck...in my opinion.

I'd also like to see more options for random maps...like forest (not very dense, but with more trees), desert (with rolling sand hills), tundra (flat, yet jagged differences in heights, maybe with snow and fog); as well as size options and weather/time options. Maybe just put a random map generator in the admin panel?

About the DLC business...You mean like Call of duty modern warfare 2??? hell 2 new dlc for maps in a 2 month period LOL and it costs 15 bucks for each DLC.  What a rip off

Guys what if once the first part of the modding tools is out, we have a map competition for different gamemods in mp and the community votes the best ones for each gamemode. In the end, we could have like 3 best maps for each mod of mp that are of high quality, voted by the community, and the developers could improve other things. You know, just taking some of the weight from the shoulders of the devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom