How to download

Users who are viewing this thread

Kinsume

Knight
So I played this mod several months ago when things were still being worked though, was looking to mess around with Warband some more and came to try and redownload this mod. Issue is there is no longer a link to download it from. Whats going on with this?

Nevermind I found a thing concerning the SVN version of the game. What exactly does that stand for?

Subversion. It's the public development version. If you where playing the mod just a few months ago(and not the SVN version) then you where playing more then two years old version. Subversion is now on hold until we prepare the new version of the mod for release. Then it will continue as it was a few months ago.

Vujenzi said:
So is this mod like, not playable for normal players atm? Im kinda confused... Thanks
just follow the guide: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,179290.0.html .

a new version of the mod should be coming next thuesday. You may want to wait if you don't want the hastle. Tho Subversion system lets players not only try the development version of the mod and help us out by feedback and bug hunting, but also more easily update for future patches. You won't need to re-download the almost 2gb pack of the mod and just update the needed files.

Kinsume said:
When I try to download like that link says it gets to about 60mb done then gives me an error?

With tortoise? just do update (right click on the folder -> svn update) and it will resume the download. Google servers are probably on big load, so sometimes they do these things.

I get an error when I try to update as well, immediately.

Command: Update 
Error: Working copy 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade 
Error:  warband\Modules\dev1257' locked. 
Error: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade 
Error:  warband\Modules\dev1257' is already locked. 
Completed!: 

Why is this method of downloading used over something more practical like the repository and what not? No matter what I try doing with it, its just error after error. This time I made it to 350mb, but if I read correctly the file is more than 3.3gb?? The option to update to continue where it left off doesn't seem to do anything but give more errors.

Kinsume said:

Completed!:

Best not to download to program files, as it causes these kind of permission errors.

Kinsume said:
Why is this method of downloading used over something more practical like the repository and what not? No matter what I try doing with it, its just error after error. This time I made it to 350mb, but if I read correctly the file is more than 3.3gb?? The option to update to continue where it left off doesn't seem to do anything but give more errors.
Again - subversion are not an official release, it's the development version. Most other development teams would have these closed to themselves. We have an open policy to let anyone try to play the development version anytime. And re-uploading a few gigabyte mod several times a week just because we made some updates is not practical at all. Neither are n-amount of patches.

Official releases are uploaded to repository or whatever. The next should come out next Thursday.

DrTomas said:
Kinsume said:

Completed!:

Best not to download to program files, as it causes these kind of permission errors.

Kinsume said:
Again - subversion are not an official release, it's the development version. Most other development teams would have these closed to themselves. We have an open policy to let anyone try to play the development version anytime. And re-uploading a few gigabyte mod several times a week just because we made some updates is not practical at all. Neither are n-amount of patches.

Official releases are uploaded to repository or whatever. The next should come out next Thursday.

I see, thanks for the information.

Edit : Tried doing it to plain c:\Games and it is giving me the same error with it stopping part way in then the same error when I try to use update to continue it.

Try this when you encounter error while downloading,
right click the folder -> TortoiseSVN -> Clean Up
and then start the update again.

Well I think the download managed to finish last night, it said complete and didn't have any red errors. However it only came out to 1.3 gb, and I recall reading somewhere that the file was 3.3 gb. I tried updating a couple times and it just keeps trying to update the language files then saying complete. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom