How to deal with op ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, I'll be telling about my main "issue" with fighting against little over power of three men especially in tournaments and battle ground, so I'll ask from you folks that, do you know any way, to stop their rush and chop their skulls before they get better of me ?

Get some athletics so you can backpedal faster.
Always try to move in a way so your enemys block each others paths / attack directions. Corners, Trees etc. can help too.
Try to attack all the time and make every attack count - by hitting your enemys you stop them from attacking. If you start blocking, more of your enemys will be attacking you at once. And once you got several weapons constantly swinging at you, there is no time to attack yourself anymore.

In the Arena, stick with your teammates when on foot and always try to "divide and conquer" when brawling, e. g. when 3 Blue guys fight 2 Red ones, attack a Blue one.

Nikodemus said:
Always try to move in a way so your enemys block each others paths / attack directions. Corners, Trees etc. can help too.
Try to attack all the time and make every attack count - by hitting your enemys you stop them from attacking. If you start blocking, more of your enemys will be attacking you at once. And once you got several weapons constantly swinging at you, there is no time to attack yourself anymore.

In the Arena, stick with your teammates when on foot and always try to "divide and conquer" when brawling, e. g. when 3 Blue guys fight 2 Red ones, attack a Blue one.

You speak sense lad ! I'll try right away your advices and give you some feedback if they give me some advantages.

Please keep such questions in the dedicated "Quick Questions/ Quick Answers" thread, so as not to clutter the board with tiny threads making it impossible for others to find useful information via the search function.

What you're looking for is situated in the stickied FAQ thread, point 7, "Companion Bubble".

Also, what nooser said. Get the language straight if you want people to be able to give you sensible answers. It's not a question of orthographical fascism, it's a simple question of showing others a minimum of respect by not forcing them to decipher gibberish when you expect their help.

iskar said:
Please keep such questions in the dedicated "Quick Questions/ Quick Answers" thread, so as not to clutter the board with tiny threads making it impossible for others to find useful information via the search function.

What you're looking for is situated in the stickied FAQ thread, point 7, "Companion Bubble".

Also, what nooser said. Get the language straight if you want people to be able to give you sensible answers. It's not a question of orthographical fascism, it's a simple question of showing others a minimum of respect by not forcing them to decipher gibberish when you expect their help.

Well, thanks anyways for the tip where I can find things, and I'm quite new in these forums so I usually don't "look behind every corner" you could say.

I generally only have issues with the superbrawls, when there are four teams of seven and the first six to go down consist entirely of your team. A few tricks I've learned to reduce the odds of that:

Hit F1-F1 to order your guys to hold ground. One thing that gets them killed is charging into an enemy force piecemeal, then getting flanked. Keeping them together away makes that less likely.

Advance past your men, get the enemy's attention, then fall back at an angle past your men. Either they'll keep coming after you, leaving their backs open to your allies, or they'll go for your allies and be an easy target for you.

Always keep an eye out for better gear, or rather gear you're better with. If you like the 2h sword for the extra reach, try to grab one. Same for fresh shields. PoP Arenas against hero adventurers are probably NOT the time to train up that one weapon skill you have at 60.

Arenas are one of the more awkwardly implemented things in Pendor, due to running up against Hero Adventurers. They have proficiencies over 400 and roughly that much health, too. (It's 92, but when you're swinging a toy club at an armored guy, it feels like a lot more.)

Cyzyk said:
I generally only have issues with the superbrawls, when there are four teams of seven and the first six to go down consist entirely of your team. A few tricks I've learned to reduce the odds of that:

Hit F1-F1 to order your guys to hold ground. One thing that gets them killed is charging into an enemy force piecemeal, then getting flanked. Keeping them together away makes that less likely.

Advance past your men, get the enemy's attention, then fall back at an angle past your men. Either they'll keep coming after you, leaving their backs open to your allies, or they'll go for your allies and be an easy target for you.

Always keep an eye out for better gear, or rather gear you're better with. If you like the 2h sword for the extra reach, try to grab one. Same for fresh shields. PoP Arenas against hero adventurers are probably NOT the time to train up that one weapon skill you have at 60.

Arenas are one of the more awkwardly implemented things in Pendor, due to running up against Hero Adventurers. They have proficiencies over 400 and roughly that much health, too. (It's 92, but when you're swinging a toy club at an armored guy, it feels like a lot more.)

Yeah, my throwing skill is 23 so it kind of sucks, but I use those tactics you had mentioned and they work pretty well so no complaint, but one think which puts me down is that when you start blocking couple times of your enemy unit (example: Hero adventurer) they just start the superiously fast swinging attack and when you try to hit him, he hits first and wins, so thats one think why I have died many times in the last round of tournaments.

Edit: also, would you recommend to get my shield skill little bit higher (2 points currently), and wepon master (4 points), because they won't really help me at the late game when I use bow more often.

Cyzyk said:
It's the worst if there's only 3 teams and your team is the meat in the sandwich.  F1 doesn't save you then

Bravado said:
Cyzyk said:
It's the worst if there's only 3 teams and your team is the meat in the sandwich.  F1 doesn't save you then

Thats difficult situation I must admit, but if I would have at least one warrior at my ranks, I would probably send him/her into the center of the arena that both of the team runs at him/her and takes out some of other team's members as well, but I think the hardest you could think of is the situation when many team's members, decides to attack you first, and don't care about each other, then you will most likely be taken down if ever.

Knock out at least two guys, (go for the weaker ones, like archers) and you'll have decent insurance, as if you are then taken out there's still a good chance you'll be "recognized for your honor and courage" and get to progress to the next round. Doesn't work on the last few, as just not enough people, but unless you're bowman vs sword+shield, you'll probably be fine.

The "recognized for honour and courage" is a great way to speed up tournament fighting. Round 1, knockout one opponent, surrender and you'll still advance. Round 2 you need to knockout two opponents, Round 3 requires three opponents, and so on. Not having to kill every last person in the early mass melees can be very helpful.

there are 3 things that might happen when back-pedaling due to the poor way some stuff was implemented in Mount and Blade(not the mod's fault, it's a flaw in the game code):

When u hit a troop and he get's the mini-stun effect, another troop unit will run through him as if he were a ghost, most of the time this happens u get a free hit from the glitchy thing, it's the most usual way of dying when doing that...

Sometimes arrows and some high reach weapons will go through enemy units and hit u, that's another way of failing that tactic.

Sometimes the AI(VI as they call it here) will zerg you in a way u get surrounded, even tho they don't have range to actually hit u, the above glitches apply and u die almost as if from an heart-attack.

Sometimes, when in a minor fight, they AI/VI surrounds you and stun-locks you forever. (Only a few mods allow u to not get stun-locked by having increased armor resistance factor in their modules, the ideal approach to that is making mid-low to low tier weapons to have zero effect when hitting someone heavily armored, and, avoiding stun-locks and knockdowns from better weapons while still receiving dmg, since each mod does this differently and I am new to PoP, idk if there are any armors that can have this effect here)*

PS: If you get an badass armor like that in a mod that balances these stuns and knockdowns you can actually tank enemy units for quite a long time, the recommended weapons for this kind of tanking in M&B are low reach with fast attack speed, of course one can have slow attack speed maces once they get past 300 of one-handed proficiency.

On sieges or other crowded situations you'll find that 2 handed weapons are almost useless unless they have 80 or less reach, even tho the shorter the better in these situations, knives never apply to these rules since they have really low damage. Maces are still the best option due to Blunt/Puncture damages, which are effective against heavy armor.

EDIT: In sieges I change my weapons depending on the layout(usually I besiege and save, go into the siege and take a look, leave and reload so I can be prepared). Some times it's good to bring ranged weapons like crossbows and bows(thrown weapons are almost useless since they have too low ammo and awful aiming and range), if the siege scene is very small and gets too crowded I bring one high range weapons(either Polearm or Two-handed) one shield and one low range weapon. Whenever I get stuck I use the low range weapon, when I'm behind troops I use the long range weapons... I do recommend ranged like Xbow and Bow only in sieges that have plenty of empty spaces and long distances between you and the enemy units, or, when u are using the arrow rain tactic...

There you go, my best tips

* - In my experience the best mod in that regard is 1257 ad, it makes really hard to take down armored units in early game, but I find it the most fun in all mods, if it's realistic or not, that's hard to tell, I've never being hit wearing some armor, so I don't really know

It would be quite drastic to change into similar scheme as in 1257 ad and La Guerre de Cent Ans (...maybe more?). Major rebalance would be needed since low lvl troops equipped for cutting would be completely impotent against walking sardine cans. AI surely doesn't know when to switch to 100% tingling with the tip of your sword instead of slashing around. It's actually quite hard to even adjust yourself when you first go into tournaments in these mods. But after some hits with 0 dmg given you start to get the picture.

xdj1nn said:
there are 3 things that might happen when back-pedaling due to the poor way some stuff was implemented in Mount and Blade(not the mod's fault, it's a flaw in the game code):

When u hit a troop and he get's the mini-stun effect, another troop unit will run through him as if he were a ghost, most of the time this happens u get a free hit from the glitchy thing, it's the most usual way of dying when doing that...

Sometimes arrows and some high reach weapons will go through enemy units and hit u, that's another way of failing that tactic.

Sometimes the AI(VI as they call it here) will zerg you in a way u get surrounded, even tho they don't have range to actually hit u, the above glitches apply and u die almost as if from an heart-attack.

Sometimes, when in a minor fight, they AI/VI surrounds you and stun-locks you forever. (Only a few mods allow u to not get stun-locked by having increased armor resistance factor in their modules, the ideal approach to that is making mid-low to low tier weapons to have zero effect when hitting someone heavily armored, and, avoiding stun-locks and knockdowns from better weapons while still receiving dmg, since each mod does this differently and I am new to PoP, idk if there are any armors that can have this effect here)*

PS: If you get an badass armor like that in a mod that balances these stuns and knockdowns you can actually tank enemy units for quite a long time, the recommended weapons for this kind of tanking in M&B are low reach with fast attack speed, of course one can have slow attack speed maces once they get past 300 of one-handed proficiency.

On sieges or other crowded situations you'll find that 2 handed weapons are almost useless unless they have 80 or less reach, even tho the shorter the better in these situations, knives never apply to these rules since they have really low damage. Maces are still the best option due to Blunt/Puncture damages, which are effective against heavy armor.

EDIT: In sieges I change my weapons depending on the layout(usually I besiege and save, go into the siege and take a look, leave and reload so I can be prepared). Some times it's good to bring ranged weapons like crossbows and bows(thrown weapons are almost useless since they have too low ammo and awful aiming and range), if the siege scene is very small and gets too crowded I bring one high range weapons(either Polearm or Two-handed) one shield and one low range weapon. Whenever I get stuck I use the low range weapon, when I'm behind troops I use the long range weapons... I do recommend ranged like Xbow and Bow only in sieges that have plenty of empty spaces and long distances between you and the enemy units, or, when u are using the arrow rain tactic...

There you go, my best tips

* - In my experience the best mod in that regard is 1257 ad, it makes really hard to take down armored units in early game, but I find it the most fun in all mods, if it's realistic or not, that's hard to tell, I've never being hit wearing some armor, so I don't really know

Well, I do have a Noldor bow which I usually use to take down the high armored bowmen, but your siege tactics could come in handy against the big and Mighty Empire faction and their castles, because they do have xbows so I cannot pick up their ammo unless I'd use xbow, but they are rather inaccurate in PoP so I'm not very eager to fail all the time while sniping, but I'll try the tactics once I have settled down with my faction.

xdj1nn said:

I honestly don't know what you're babbling on about.

Carlos Danger said:
xdj1nn said:

Adding up to these instructions. Some stuff that might happen when u use that tactic:
Nikodemus said:

As for the flawed stuff in M&B that's no news at all, game doesn't live up to it's "child" War of the Roses, where the physics are existent, while in M&B there are no physics. So stuff like ghost walking through troops, getting pushed, having arrows hitting you coming from the eye of the enemy in front of you and etc, only exist in M&B...

Game is great, it's just "amateur" in that regard, hopefully in bannerlord these things won't happen, and we'll actually get some physics, hope never dies.

PS:
I would say you never know what I'm talking about since all you seem to do is trying to create some sort of controversy

Back
Top Bottom