How to create custom weapons?

Users who are viewing this thread

There are plenty of reasons to add new weapons (such as making an exact replica of an CP XIIA to carry in the back or front left [like daggers]) so I would like some help to understand how to do it properly.

Apparently, this new damage system makes any new weapon useless, even if it has absurd amounts of damage (although I haven't tested dmg higher than 50).

Such being the case, I would like to know how to add these new weapons to the damage system. Is it in scripts.txt, under "get damage" or something? How does one do it without de facto affecting current weapons?

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: Yep, tested with ludicrous amounts of damage, no use. Shields are crushed like paper, but even peasants with shirts can withstand 255 dmg from a sword.

no you are wrong. the peasants can't withstand the damage. They just don't get any damage because the damage is calculated differently in SVN. Th damage isn't anymore something that is only set in items.txt. I think there are a few other places that is important for the damage output.
But it's somewhere in the coded files so you would need the module system to change something of it.

Btw. had you tried peasants edition 1.02? This seems to use the "old" damage system. So I guess adding items should work like ever.

Oh, thank you, I only noticed that the SVN is not the 1.02 about an hour ago, installing the new version this very moment, will try it out and report back with results.

Thanks again!

EDIT:  Yes! It works! Flawlessly now.

However, now I have a doubt: I want to know how to add such new weapons to the "find item..." cheat menu for quicker debugging. I thought it was impossible, but then, when I transported some of the already made items to the new item_kinds1, they appeared there. It led me to believe it is a single number I should change somewhere in the item entry. This is more a caprice of mine than anything useful really.

I thank you for your support, good sir!

only thing I could remember was that it had to do with the menu_cheat_find_item from menus.txt. Search function did the rest:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.msg6471448.html#msg6471448
using search is very easy...as long you know what you have to search :razz:

Back
Top Bottom