• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

BL 3D Art How to create custom armors

Users who are viewing this thread

Piconi

Fashionista
Section Moderator
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
If you are asking about creating armors from scratch, then it's self explanatory - you must know how to use a 3D progamme and sculpt it in it, skin, rig, texture etc.

If you are asking about editing Bannerlord armors (but judging by the prefix you used for this thread you perhaps aren't), then you must export the .obj file and the open it and edit it in a 3D program (like Blender) where you can edit it (least amount of previous 3D knowelege required).

However, there seems to be a problem is currently, that the texture files, even though accessible from the meta mesh folder inspector, are not exportable, thus you can edit the mesh, but seems you can't edit the texture tied to it yet, and would get weird results.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bestmods168

Sergeant
I can attest to this. Got a ship exported into blender as .obj. Then filled in the spaces with new faces. Exported as .fbx. The new planks, one has good UV and the rest of the new planks have distorted texture. The whole native ship is fine as in. Only the newly added planks have distortion. Unfortunately, the UV for the ship is a mess. A UV for like a shield is more clean.

Upvote 0

NPC99

Baron
M&BWBWF&SVC
I can attest to this. Got a ship exported into blender as .obj. Then filled in the spaces with new faces. Exported as .fbx. The new planks, one has good UV and the rest of the new planks have distorted texture. The whole native ship is fine as in. Only the newly added planks have distortion. Unfortunately, the UV for the ship is a mess. A UV for like a shield is more clean.
It is probable that the ship merges a number of component meshes which are uv mapped to different materials.

Upvote 0

bestmods168

Sergeant
It is probable that the ship merges a number of component meshes which are uv mapped to different materials.
Yes. It was merged with the sail UV. I just selected the problem planks and did a simple UV and the planks are no longer crisscross in the uv window, but now a proper rectangle. btw: I've noticed that TW lazily does uv. Like on fence posts and the likes, you can find the whole texture at the bottom of the fence post. It beats me how they just didn't properly uv the the mesh to the texture. They already forgot that people in the future will rotate their objects. Then they'll see the whole texture with all the background and such.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom