How to command combined forces

Users who are viewing this thread

Smissen

Knight at Arms
As the title says,how can you command combined forces (infantry and cavalry) without
they start shooting and charging all over the place and get them in position before the
enemy is in range?

icejaff said:
1-2-3-4-5-6 etc, allows you too select only infantry, only archers, only cav.

I know the 1-2-3 etc controls. but I mean,how can I get them al in
position before they already shot their weapons and the enemy cavalry
is near?

Also, I notice that enemy cavalry mostly charges on my left or right flank
and then 'misses' and they stay at the end of the map,just waiting to
get shot by my Confederate-Militia-mercenary Texas Republic Renegades  :roll:

I have this problem too, both in this mod and in Europe 1805. To solve it, I do this:

At the start of each battle I press F5 (which is the "Hold Fire!" command), and then put my troops in position with F1. They obey your orders better that way too. When the enemy is within range, I press F5 again, to command "Fire At Will!".

(Many times I don't have enough time for this though, and I have to fight a battle with my band in a rather chaotic manner. Good luck in your battles!)

Captured Joe said:
I have this problem too, both in this mod and in Europe 1805. To solve it, I do this:

At the start of each battle I press F5 (which is the "Hold Fire!" command), and then put my troops in position with F1. They obey your orders better that way too. When the enemy is within range, I press F5 again, to command "Fire At Will!".

(Many times I don't have enough time for this though, and I have to fight a battle with my band in a rather chaotic manner. Good luck in your battles!)

Thats the exact same way how I 'fight' battles. I just asked around if the are
better tactics then that :razz:

Well ehh, I always have infantry-only parties (Imperial Rurals YEAH! Road Agents YEAH!), so I prefer some cover against cavalry foes; When there's a village around if I have to fight a cavalry-heavy enemy, I get to the village as quickly as possible, to fight between the houses instead of on open ground (where their cavalry would eat me).

Back
Top Bottom