How to change weapon type from a sword to an axe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Helerek

Recruit
Where's the information regarding weapon type stored? When I checked xml files I couldn't find anything useful. Only thing I found in items is that weapon is composed out of 4 craft parts. When I went to craft parts blades section I couldn't notice/find any meaningful difference between an axe and sword blade. So here's my question. Where's the value/info stored that determines whenever a weapo is a sword or an axe? Is it in a mesh file?

Solution
Where's the information regarding weapon type stored? When I checked xml files I couldn't find anything useful. Only thing I found in items is that weapon is composed out of 4 craft parts. When I went to craft parts blades section I couldn't notice/find any meaningful difference between an axe and sword blade. So here's my question. Where's the value/info stored that determines whenever a weapo is a sword or an axe? Is it in a mesh file?
...\Modules\Native\ModuleData\crafting_templates.xml gives the template for different weapon types (i.e. OneHandedSword or OneHandedAxe) and lists the <UsablePieces> for each weapon type. While the template is there to constrain crafting, I'm sure the same approach was applied in...
...\Modules\Native\ModuleData\crafting_templates.xml gives the template for different weapon types (i.e. OneHandedSword or OneHandedAxe) and lists the <UsablePieces> for each weapon type. While the template is there to constrain crafting, I'm sure the same approach was applied in ...\Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData\items\weapons.xml where the in game weapons are held together with their parts lists.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom