How to change skill values?

Users who are viewing this thread

Alkarin

Recruit
I was wondering on how you can change skill values specifically leadership. I want to change it so that instead of giving +5 to party size it will give +10 to party size each level. I went into the skills.txt file and tried changing it their but it doesn't seem to effect party size once ingame even with a new character.

skills.txt only provides the description for the individual skills. You need to do so from here
Code:
  #script_game_get_party_companion_limit:
  # This script is called from the game engine when the companion limit is needed for a party.
  # INPUT: arg1 = none
  # OUTPUT: reg0 = companion_limit
  ("game_get_party_companion_limit",
    [
      (assign, ":troop_no", "trp_player"),

(assign, ":limit", 30),
      (store_skill_level, ":skill", "skl_leadership", ":troop_no"),
      (store_attribute_level, ":charisma", ":troop_no", ca_charisma),
      (val_mul, ":skill", 5),
      (val_add, ":limit", ":skill"),
      (val_add, ":limit", ":charisma"),
As you can tell, the player's leadership level is stored in the skill variable. This is then multiplied by 5 and added to the player's base charisma to the initial limit of 30.

So I should change that multiple of 5 to 10? Which in turn means every level of the skill is then multiplied by 10?

Yes, that should do the trick. There's no actual math happening in this part of the script. It looks like there are just some exposed values you can tweak. But, yeah, changing that 5 to a 10 should get the message to the game engine.

Alright which directory is module_scripts under? I can't seem to find it, I can only find either module OR scripts under native. I'm using steam btw

You need to download the source code Module System separately. You'll find it stickied above.
Then you'll need to get it set up to compile...see the Official Documentation sub-board and/or the Unofficial Tutorials sub-board stickied manual for that.

Back
Top Bottom