how to CHANGE kingdom culture

Users who are viewing this thread

i talked to my chamberman the constable and the minister, i can choose what culture of the constable recruits, but i cant find kingdom culture ANYwhere

please help quick =[

should i reinstall

it is as if the dialogue is missing, i see it in the txt file "do you wanna change your culture" but in game I cant bring up subject. my char is not married, is this why?

should I reinstall?

I also cannot change the government of my country like centralization serfdom etc, cant talk to him about it either. =[

RBFloat05 said:
it is as if the dialogue is missing, i see it in the txt file "do you wanna change your culture" but in game I cant bring up subject. my char is not married, is this why?

should I reinstall?

I also cannot change the government of my country like centralization serfdom etc, cant talk to him about it either. =[

I believe that it's your chancellor that does that. But you have to own at least 1 TOWN (not castle) to be able to get him.

oh i have a chancellor, so once I capture a town, i can mess with government and culture with him'? do I have to own town myself,and have court there, or does it not work if its owned by a converted vassal?

I really want to change my kingdom culture =[

I have just suceeded in getting a chancellor, however i have seen as in another thread that despite me changing the culture of kingdom, only thing that changes is the guards in the keeps, all the towns and lords still recruit whatever type of native people they have =[ is there any fix to this?

They actually do recruit the soldiers of the selected culture, but it takes time for them to actually start doing it. Also, they will gradually adopt the new culture.

yes i do, i also fast forwarded teh time for which the towns recruits reset in the following scripts (update rectruit volunteers) or the like others like the like "update_npc_volunteers
script ) found in scripts.txt

72 hours, but after owning foregn lands,  adn even recruiting compainin lords, they got native recruites, i want to bring my people to prominence VAEGIR

perhaps if somone has a version that works they could send my their scripts.txt
and the other txt ones that have to do with the faction recruits, i know some but not that many =[

or even a savegame that works anything. i humbly ask for help
please help

RBFloat05 said:
if i knew how id send you my game, or any other diplomacy files that you need of it.
Find your savegame file in your \Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames\Diplomacy\ folder. They are labeled in a simple array with sg00 - sg02 the top row, sg03 - sg05 the middle, sg06 - sg08 the bottom row.
Upload the desired savegame file to a free file sharing site...there are plenty. I prefer MediaFire.
PM the link to the file to Waihti with a description of what he should be looking for in it.

Hmmmm I have a large kingdom and waited weeks and weeks, all my lords still recruit native soldeirs, and I can only recruit natives, even weeks after changing culture.

It is really irritating problem for me, there no way I can fix? I cant figure how to send files.

Aha! I was going through the Floris - Diplomacy source code and saw this:

Code:
	[anyone|plyr, "dplmc_chancellor_domestic_policy_options",
	[
	(is_between, "$g_player_minister", active_npcs_begin, kingdom_ladies_end),
	],
	##diplomacy start+ add apostrophe
	"I wish to select the kingdom's culture.", "dplmc_chancellor_kingdom_culture_ask",
	##diplomacy end+
	[]],

So I had to lookup what that "is_between" line is doing. It turns out that it's checking to see if your MINISTER is one of your companions. IF it is, then you can select your Kingdom's Culture by speaking with the Chancellor (to hire a Chancellor, you need a *town*, not just a castle).

So, solved!

Back
Top Bottom