How to change guards of courts in my country?

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings,

I found that in my own country, the guards in the courts of my castles and towns can only be Swadian sergeants, no matter where my capital is or which country’s castle is the first to be conquered.

I know how to change the file troops.txt to change and 'create' my own special soldiers. For example, I then equip mercenary crossbowmen with flintlock pistols to become musketeers. I want these musketeers to be the guards in my own country (only in courts).

After studying the file scripts.txt, I found that the string number 360287970189639719, the id of Swadian sergeant, appears twice, once in module 'initialize faction troop types', and a second time in module 'enter court'. The guards in courts of each country can only be one single kind of troops, so this two id numbers must decide the guards kinds of Swadia and my country. Meanwhile, the id numbers of guards in other countries only appear once in this two modules, all in module 'initialize faction troop types'. If I change the id number 360287970189639719 in the 'initialize faction troop types' module, the guards of Swadia's courts and my courts will both change. If I only change the number in the 'enter court' module, the guards in both countries are still Swadian sergeants. However, if I change the id numbers of guards in other countries in module 'initialize faction troop types', then the guards immediately change.

According to my test results, I think that the second 360287970189639719 may decide the guards of my country, but there is possibly a checking command that changes my country's guards into Swadia's guards.

I was wondering if there is a way to change or delete that command so that I can choose my own guards freely while Swadia keeps its own guards? If there is way to do so, does anyone know how to do?

Very thanks for your help.

Learn basic modding with Module System to make such edits in a clear and easy way. I recommend that you browse through Warband engine modding section in order to find snippets of code which do what you want to achieve. Tweaking the module with text files will ultimately turn out to be too cumbersome for you.

Learn basic modding with Module System to make such edits in a clear and easy way. I recommend that you browse through Warband engine modding section in order to find snippets of code which do what you want to achieve. Tweaking the module with text files will ultimately turn out to be too cumbersome for you.
Thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom