How to change a Lord's banner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Title, basically. Trying to change the banner a Lord uses, but not sure how I can go about that. I have SaveEditor, but after searching through and playing with some stuff I don't know if that's an option here or if it's well-hidden. Tried Morgh's Editor, but it has no banners. Can anyone help me out?

You can only do this using the Module System. Banners for lords are assigned in game_start script in module_scripts.py where the pool of available banners is randomized so that in every playthrough lords get different ones (additionally, in vanilla Native, Khergit and Sarranid noblemen have their own exclusive pool of banners).
(troop_set_slot, ":kingdom_hero", slot_troop_banner_scene_prop, ":banner_id"),
You may follow Step 2 of this (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/complete-guide-to-adding-factions.334271/) tutorial to learn how to arrange banner assignment if you want to add more lords or kingdoms. If you want to assign exactly one banner in particular to a specific lord, you would have to make a modification to the aforementioned script to give a lord (get his ID in module_troops.py) a particular banner (use OpenBRF to find a mesh you want in addition to inspecting module_meshes.py just to be sure). You would have to make an additional banner mesh not covered in banner meshes' constants and assign it to a troop so that two lords will not have the same banner (that is the easiest way if you do not want to write a snippet prohibiting a lord from taking another lord's banner).

Head to The Forge to read some modding/ scripting tutorials if you are new to the scene.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom