How to approach Xbow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmmm. Giving shielded units resilience against kicks in some form or another could be worth looking at.
*While they are blocking*
If a shield stops a couch u would assume a wimpy little kick wouldn’t be hard to block. Kick=new crushed through, meanwhile I will be mastering the kicks slash since it’s what the game forces you to do

The whole point of kicks is to open up people who are turtling. Probably the kick range is too long at the moment but I would still rather adress the crossbow.
Maybe one could adapt the range where xbows get bounced back to the point where it is longer than the kick range. Or maybe reduce the windup for the shieldbash so players can perform it proactively without tetting shot to the face.

Maybe one could adapt the range where xbows get bounced back to the point where it is longer than the kick range

+1

Ranged bump "reach" needs to be increased in general.

Along with kick-shots, there are still instances of xbows/archers still hitting point blank shots on players pushing them well within bump range.

honestly i thought that xbows at this game, and whole Vlandia nation is just out of lore/pace/balance in this game
I mean whole Calradia conflict flies about times of Western/Eastern Roman empires, and Vlandia is based on late normans/HRE, which are basicly future celts and didnt existed at the time with their whole heavy plated/chain armor and lancer knights/xbows, while Battania are actual celts here and they are like their predecessors
Even in warband lore its stated that Swadia and Rhodesia originated from empire, same as HRE/France/Italy originated from romans irl
it just makes no sense that vlandia already have future weapons/tactics and didnt improved them a bit after several ages of lore

I would rather like seing Tracians/Dacians nation in Bannerlord with their falxes/rhompanias, these bad boys just lookin outta pace in celtic Battania

The crossbow must remain loaded with the bolt placed in the flight groove if equipped. Once the crossbow becomes unequipped, with the player having another weapon equipped, if the player wants to re-equip the crossbow, the crossbow should have to be re-loaded with the bolt (an "old style" crossbow is not a holsterable loaded pistol). Same proces as with bow.

In my eyes it should be like this.
Sorry for the necro. To the attention of @Kripaz , @Ikea Knight , @Zarthas @Mabons and others who may be interested.

If you notice in my quoted comment, I expressed the opinion that once the crossbow is unequipped, it should be reloaded again. I still think the same, don't worry.

The thing is that in the WeaponFlags of every bow, it appears UnloadWhenSheathed="true" which means that when you unequipped it, it should be reloaded again with the arrow. Curiously, no crossbow has this flag... I wonder why?

Well, here is a video test with a default native crossbow and another one provided with the UnloadWhenSheathed="true" flag.

So I think that all classes that have access to crossbows, all of them should have this flag, imho. When @AVRC gets back from holiday, maybe he feels like giving his opinion about this.

Sorry for the necro. To the attention of @Kripaz , @Ikea Knight , @Zarthas @Mabons and others who may be interested.

If you notice in my quoted comment, I expressed the opinion that once the crossbow is unequipped, it should be reloaded again. I still think the same, don't worry.

The thing is that in the WeaponFlags of every bow, it appears UnloadWhenSheathed="true" which means that when you unequipped it, it should be reloaded again with the arrow. Curiously, no crossbow has this flag... I wonder why?

Well, here is a video test with a default native crossbow and another one provided with the UnloadWhenSheathed="true" flag.

So I think that all classes that have access to crossbows, all of them should have this flag, imho. When @AVRC gets back from holiday, maybe he feels like giving his opinion about this.

Gameplay wise, this is absolutely preferable to the situation we have now. Crossbows could fill a kind of area defense/sniping role, where short bows are better skirmishing around the edges of a melee.

Realism wise, your modification is how you should probably sling a crossbow, especially in a formation or moving in a group. No point in being "ready" for sudden combat if two of your archers took friendly fire chest wounds because you're idiots.

The only other possible scenario would be that a crossbow remains spanned (cocked), but not loaded (i.e., a bolt resting in the bolt guide) when slung. I wouldn't personally even shoulder a spanned crossbow if I could help it (dry-firing can snap your prod and lacerate the **** out of you), but I'm not sure that it is totally impractical in a combat scenario. They may have had some kind of improvised "safety" block or something to keep the weapon from dry-firing, but I sincerely doubt it is the kind of thing they'd be messing around with mid battle. I'm not a huge fan of this, but it would still be better than present scenario.

I really can't find a reason we should keep it the way it is. Nobody likes the Wild West quickdraw ridiculousness. Taleworlds keeps nerfing crossbow damage into the ground instead of just removing that as an option.

In the next update Throwing Spears and Crossbows are just going to heal targets.

Back
Top Bottom