How to approach Xbow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kripaz

Grandmaster Knight

This is so stupid. It's not the first time and I guess it's not the last time.

How are you supposed to approach when crossbowman has a loaded bolt?
In this scenario I knew he's going to try kick/shoot so I keep my distance.
He fails his kick so I immediately decide to attack him, but guess what? :xf-mad:

Crossbows have always been annoying, but after 1.5.5 they are beyond broken.
1.5.0 crossbow aiming system was by far the best in my opinion. You had a large/inaccurate crosshair in the beginning, but it quickly went to small/accurate:

Now we have a one-shotting, instantly accurate and cheap doomsday weapon.

Rant over.

Last edited:
It is pretty stupid but it was always possible even in older patches, that large inaccuracy you see before was just visual, in reality 9/10 shots fired right where you aimed IIRC.

We just need a larger cone that bumps people when they have bows/crossbows/throwing weapons out.

It is pretty stupid but it was always possible even in older patches, that large inaccuracy you see before was just visual, in reality 9/10 shots fired right where you aimed IIRC.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't just visual in 1.5.0, because when you quickly just tapped LMB, bolt went flying all over the place.

As it was point blank wouldn't it still hit? I'd say slowing down the kicks so that maintaining distance isn't essential would be good (for all) and the xbow could be slightly slower to go from unreadied to a shot.

Hope for the nerfs that won't ever happen, realize that TaleWorlds has a very specific vision in mind for Bannerlord multiplayer that includes archers being overpowered pieces of **** that turn a medieval combat game into a tactical shooter. You'll probably wanna go back to playing Warband cuz even though that game has more problems than Bannerlord, WB players are at least honorable enough to not spam an overpowered class.

Last edited:
This needs to go.

On the topic of crossbows, the half reload mechanism promotes this kind of gameplay as well, you could be pushing an xbow while he's reloading, he will swap to melee, engage a bit, then at a good moment turn around, whip out his crossbow, finish his half reload while walking away and now he has a chance to either kick-shoot you or do what happened in the video. It's really not good imo.

I won't argue about whether these mechanics are properly balanced (they aren't), but you would have won that encounter if you simply facehugged him while holding right click and bumped him back. He would have been dead.

I won't argue about whether these mechanics are properly balanced (they aren't), but you would have won that encounter if you simply facehugged him while holding right click and bumped him back. He would have been dead.
Most likely, but there has also been situations when I've been facehugging xbow and managed to hit him once and after that he manages to throw a quickshot when I'm readying next hit. I'd rather stay away from xbows than get close to them considering how deadly they are close range.

Crossbows are a god damn disgrace in this game. Who could possibly think that this **** is any close to being balanced ? Crossbows are literally guns. Heck i have more ease shooting crossbows in bannerlord than i have shooting with deagle at CS GO.

idk maybe just hold your block and run into him so it bucks, then you can hit him.
just throw a hit before you get right to him, works every time
If i just hold block and run into him I most likely get kicked then headshoted. Of course I should have:
1. Close distance
2. Make him miss his kick
3. Push hard to facehug him
4. Ready up swing so he can't shoot
5. Start hitting him
6. Keep facehugging him
7. Be aware of possible kick attempt
8. Repeat steps 4-7 for 2-4 times until he dies

Simple as that.

I can't be the only one thinking that's a bit silly.

1. Close distance
2. Make him miss his kick
3. Push hard to facehug him
4. Ready up swing so he can't shoot
5. Start hitting him
6. Keep facehugging him
7. Be aware of possible kick attempt
8. Repeat steps 4-7 for 2-4 times until he dies

And the whole time the crossbowman can put his loaded crossbow away, pull out his melee weapon and fight, and at an opportune moment pull it out again and shoot you.

Crossbows are so op right now indeed. They can nerf it by removing quick aiming or halfway loading.

It’s the only thing that can dismount a cav right now. If the xbow wont be nerfed along with cav, we will have xbows as new meta all day. #buffinfmore
They need to nerf horses... Like horses are mini tanks in bannerlord. How can they stay alive after getting so much melee/throwing/ranged hits?

Back
Top Bottom