how to add the Pistol into Viking conquest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, I wanted to try and do something..."Simple" and try and add the Pistol from native into Viking conquest. you know for fun an whatever. however this is turning out to be a massive pain in the cerebral cortex.

I have Morghs editor and OpenBRF so i'm starting completely on the ground floor here. i tried looking at tutorial videos but its hard to follow because everyone's using "Britenwalda" er whatever and i don't have that mod. nobody can just do a module thats guaranteed that everyone will have for simplicity's sake. like VC and native for instance. and everyone talks as if i'm supposed to know what they mean with what they're showing me.

sigh, look, i just want to know how to transfer weapons (mainly the Pistol) from native to viking conquest. give me a "For dummies version" if you would be so kind, please and thank ye.  :???:

I don't think it matters whether it's Brytenwalda, Prophesy of Pendor, or Viking Conquests. Adding a weapon should be the same for all of them, though maybe VC doesn't have features other Warband Engine titles have.

Freeasabird said:
yeah but in VC i can't find the Pistol in the item list in Morghs editor. so its just not in that version. i would like to add it back in.

dont mix engine related resources with the game related assets.

engine is the same

if the game (VC module) doesnt have a item, you can just port it from another game (module) and do all the normal steps as in any normal Warband mod.

kalarhan said:
Freeasabird said:
yeah but in VC i can't find the Pistol in the item list in Morghs editor. so its just not in that version. i would like to add it back in.

dont mix engine related resources with the game related assets.

engine is the same

if the game (VC module) doesnt have a item, you can just port it from another game (module) and do all the normal steps as in any normal Warband mod.

Hm, look i totally don't know wth i'm talking about here but bear with me, its just a thought but couldn't i just copy/paste the pistol model/ attack data/animations from native and paste them into VC's weapons/attack data/animations folders? er whatever. i don't see how that wouldn't work like, its just one weapon. ... hmm :/

Back
Top Bottom