SP Tutorial Module System How to add New Skeletons/Mountain Giant to your module.

Users who are viewing this thread

well it didnt really, it said i was the lord of the castle i made, but it was in the giant tribes faction, and the kingdom_6_lord guy was my enemy, but it said the castle he was in was mine...anyway.. so what file i put new lords in, module_troops?

EDIT:
i found it - they are listed as knights so i was confused lol thanks for the help.

it was scary, taking on 220 giants with my 33  :shock:

i couldnt find the animation name for getting bumped by a horse, do you know it off the top of your head?

ScreenshotStudiocapture41.jpg

thats gonna hurt in the morning  :lol:

yes, that javelin is in his face; and it took 2 more to kill him  :lol:

they really are, the only thing you can do when giants clash with giants, is to run; run far and run fast  :shock:

EDIT:

i have 4 giant types now:

hill giant thug
hill giant warrior
mountain giant grunt
mountain giant warrior

ScreenshotStudiocapture42.jpg

An example of clashing giants:

ScreenshotStudiocapture43.jpg

yea...i better run

p.s. hey beserk, you modified the particle system to get the cool blood spurt right? can i please see the settings you used?  :lol: because its really cool

("game_blood", psf_billboard_3d |psf_randomize_size|psf_randomize_rotation,  "prt_mesh_blood_3",
    500, 0.65, 3.5, 0.6, 0, 0,        #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
    (0.0, 0.7), (0.7, 0.7),          #alpha keys
    (0.1, 0.2), (1, 0.2),      #red keys
    (0.1, 0.2), (1, 0.2),      #green keys
    (0.1, 0.2), (1, 0.2),      #blue keys
    (0.0, 0.015),  (0.5, 0.3),  #scale keys
    (0, 0.05, 0),              #emit box size
    (0, 1.5, 0.4),                #emit velocity
    0.9,                      #emit dir randomness
    120,                        #rotation speed
    0,                        #rotation damping
    ),
    ("game_blood_2", psf_billboard_3d | psf_randomize_size|psf_randomize_rotation ,  "prt_mesh_blood_3",
    2000, 0.6, 3.5, 0.5, 0, 0,        #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
    (0.0, 0.25), (0.7, 0.1),        #alpha keys
    (0.1, 0.2), (1, 0.2),      #red keys
    (0.1, 0.2), (1, 0.2),      #green keys
    (0.1, 0.2), (1, 0.2),      #blue keys
    (0.0, 0.15),  (0.5, 0.45),    #scale keys
    (0.01, 0.2, 0.01),            #emit box size
    (1.4, 1.4, 0.2),                #emit velocity
    0.3,                        #emit dir randomness
    150,                      #rotation speed
    0,                      #rotation damping
    ),
These are the blood settings.  I got them from a different thread so props to the original creator.  And chel as his was the first mod I saw this kind of blood used.  Simply replace the old game_blood_1 and 2 with these.  It think my blood multiplier is at 5x in module ini as well.

its probably been buried but if you search for steampuck osp or steampuck pack 2 it should show up.  Pretty sure its his second pack but if not try the first pack.

ok

check out this spaz:

ScreenshotStudiocapture45.jpg

sometimes when my giants die, they flop around on the ground a bit, before finally stopping in whatever position they are in.
i think it is because of the bone radii in the skeletons.xml. there must be some code somewhere saying that if the corpse/ragdoll hasnt settled yet, freeze it.
do you know how i can make it not flop without changing the bone radius, or at least make it freeze upon death? cheers

p.s. im gonna make a midget vs giant mod :smile:
ive got the dwarven and giant troop trees created (5 in each)  :cool:

EDIT:

so i assume there is no room for me in your beserk mod?

Yeah I thought about how to use you there WookieWarlord.  I'm not sure if you have any experience with the Berserk manga or I would ask you if you could work on dialogues.  But unfortunately coding side everything is basically done.  It might be a waste of your growing coding skill anyway; everyone needs coders.  I know that the steampunk mod has been looking for one.  As to the spaz I can't think of anything that would fix that. Ragdoll is controlled deep in the game engine.

Good luck on your mod.  Yours will probably have a higher frequency of giants and stuff than mine.  Berserk has monsters but they are still rare.

OK so I imported the body into Milkshape, and scaled it to four times its size. But the bones didn't get any bigger. Is it supposed to be like that, or is this an error?

Berserker Pride said:
If the model is rigged to the bones I always scale the bones only.  The model will scale with them.  Again that was blender.

If you use blender, how do you put the import export script into blender? I don't have .blender, somehow...

Deathincarnatelolz said:
OK so I imported the body into Milkshape, and scaled it to four times its size. But the bones didn't get any bigger. Is it supposed to be like that, or is this an error?

I have the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom