SP Tutorial Module System How to add New Skeletons/Mountain Giant to your module.

Users who are viewing this thread

lol i just moved the shin down then exported and stuff. now i gotta go back in and to feet. its annoying tho, cause i got to change it in blender, then export, then open in openbrf then save then put in resource folder, and ive done this about 50,000,000 times today :grin: 1min

EDIT: the joys of modding eh?
although the downsides are far outweighed by being able to run rampant with a horde of angry giants

Yeah sometimes you feel like you aren't making any forward progress at all.  But some days I find I accomplish way more than I thought.

yea it seems the easy stuff like making a new troops and giving him new armor and stuff has a more significant effect on the game, while the hard stuff like the little touches like making them walk on the ground is barely noticeable at all.

HELL YEAH! it worked, although i moved the bones exaggeratively (is that a word) so their feet are actually in the ground now. but it WORKED. i would post a screeny but photoshack takes like 5 mins for me to upload to, and feet on ground arnt that amazing. *pats himself on the back*  :razz: :razz: :razz: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cool: :cool: :cool: :wink: :wink: :wink: :eek: :eek: :eek: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Nice and now that you know how you can make a skeleton of any size you like.  Eventually I want to use custom skeletons to create monsters but for that many of them need new animations.  Good work you are one of the first to figure out custom skeletons.

Well its because of you really lol. if you wern't here for me to ask questions, i would have smashed my computer in frustration :grin:
yea i can create custom skeletons now, but i dont really have anymore inspiration lol.
because im a crappy 3d modeller, i cant create new meshes, and i cant create textures, so my skeletons would be limited to large humans.
it will be cool to have fire giant chieftans in full plate with giant swords tho :grin:
maybe ill join someones modding team... need any help with your beserk mod?  :grin:

on a side note, whens your next beserk update gonna be released? i wanna see you ogres and stuff :smile:your beserk update + warbands + TLD mod(if it ever comes out) are my 3 most eagerly awaited things :smile:

can you please email me your area damage script, or put it up somewhere? also a bit of info how to implement, like do you attach a script to a weapon or something like that?

woot ty for the script, i actually managed to implement it for the player to use, which i didnt think i would be able to do (ive never worked with scripts\triggers before).
my giants slaughtered everyone in a battle, then i slaughtered all of them  :razz:

EDIT:
however im pretty sure i will not be able to get it to work for the AI, because i dont have a clue about writing code for M&B, i would have to change the gk_attack and stuff to something that recognises when the giant is attacking which i dont know how, how did you learn how to script M&B?

Combination of tweaking existing scripts and trying to understand those little kits that people post.  But it all started by trying to implement themagelord's tweaks in the module system instead of txt files.  Once you understand that you have a basic knowledge of how M&B's module system tends to be laid out.

Well I need to figure out how to give npc's area damage anyway.  Also check out header_operations it lists all the operations used within the module system.  Some of these operations check for what a troop is doing at a given time.  I just need to tie area damage to when they are currently attacking.  But I will let you know when I understand it all.

ok thanks, it will be cool to watch giants/ogres swat multiple cavalry units at the same time :smile:

EDIT:

do you know why i cant asign attribute values of over 30 to my troops? because i want my giants to have more than 30 strength

check out my three types of giants:

ScreenshotStudiocapture28.jpg

i have hill giant thugs, hill giant warriors and mountain giant grunts

p.s. if you look at the thug on the right, you can see a massive javelin sticking out of him that an enemy giant threw lol.

That looks pretty cool.  They are all stepping all over that one guy.  At first I thought the guy with the javelin in him was dying.  He probably should have.

ive created a new village, which is automatically in the swadian faction. the village factions all say fac_neutral, and when i change it it dosnt change, how can i change its faction?
also i want to make the village recruit specific units, i found the recruit volunteer script, and it has the :volunteer_troop thing, which i assume checks the volunteer troop for that faction, how can i change the factions volunteer troop?

You change who their recruit(aka tier one guy is).  Also villages are automatically under the control of the nearest castle or town.  They don't have their own alliegance.
# Cultures:
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop, "trp_swadian_recruit"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop, "trp_swadian_militia"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop, "trp_swadian_footman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop, "trp_swadian_infantry"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_1",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop, "trp_swadian_knight"),
This set of lines in scripts determines what the base tier troop for villages is considered.  So change trp_swadian_recruit to something else.  The other factions all have this setup. Search for # Cultures.

By the way you mentioned you had an interest in joining the mod team.  What else do you know how to do besides scripting.

well i can make custom skeletons now....make new troops and items easily, i can do dialogues, (good spelling vocab. etc) and i learn fast.
ty for village info.
is it possible/easy to add a new faction?

It is doable.  And there are a few good threads going step by step on how to add them.

Here is what I have.
#Guide to adding a faction
1.ID_factions - get your new faction and culture set in there first
2.Module_factions - copy paste new faction in
("culture_6",  "culture_6", 0, 0.9, [], []),
("kingdom_6",  "Faction name here",  0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0xFF4500), 

3.Party_Templates Culture reinforcements
  ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_a", "kingdom_6_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rhodok_spearman,2,6),(trp_rhodok_tribesman,4,7)]),
  ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_b", "kingdom_6_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rhodok_trained_crossbowman,2,6),(trp_rhodok_crossbowman,4,7)]),
  ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", "kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rhodok_sergeant,3,6)]),
4.Module_scripts - define culture troops and assign centres
    (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_tier_1_troop, "trp_rhodok_tribesman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_tier_2_troop, "trp_rhodok_spearman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_tier_3_troop, "trp_rhodok_trained_spearman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_tier_4_troop, "trp_rhodok_veteran_spearman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_tier_5_troop, "trp_rhodok_sergeant"),

(faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_kingdom_6_lord"),

(else_try),
          (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),

(faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_deserter_troop, "trp_rhodok_deserter"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_guard_troop, "trp_rhodok_veteran_spearman"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_messenger_troop, "trp_rhodok_messenger"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_prison_guard_troop, "trp_rhodok_prison_guard"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_castle_guard_troop, "trp_rhodok_castle_guard"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_a, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_a"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_b, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_b"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_c, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_c"),

(call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_7",  "trp_kingdom_6_lord", 0), # 3/1
Besides this you have to add twenty lords below all the kingdom_5 ones.  And they won't spawn if they don't have at least one castle. 

cool. you said that the village is the faction that the nearest castle belongs to, but the towns and castles also have fac_neutral, how do you assign factions.

nevermind, i just changed it to fac_kingdom_6 and it worked, yay. where do i place the new lords?

Immediately after the faction 5 lords.  And towns are usually assigned with a script in module scripts.  call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_1",  "trp_kingdom_4_lord", 0),
Castles are assigned with (call_script, "script_give_center_to_faction_aux", "p_castle_1", "fac_kingdom_5"),
This is the first script of the game.
I don't think changing the fac_neutral thing in parties supposed to work properly.

Back
Top Bottom