How to add arrows to archer units

Users who are viewing this thread

I have an army of 80 Vaegir Archers that decimate waves of infantry and cavalry when they charge, but I've noticed that after the first wave, my archers are always of out of arrows. Using the Unofficial Troop Editor, I looked at the archer units for the Vaegirs and saw that they had only 1 stack of arrows. So, not knowing much about the editor, I added 2 more stacks of arrows to all of the archer units, updated and saved it each time, and reloaded the game to see if the changes took affect. No changes. I added a few more stacks of arrows in the same manner, but no affect. So now I am wondering what I need to do to add more arrows to the Vaegir archer units. Is it because the weapon slots for the units were already full and could not hold more arrows, do I need to change their weapons using some other method? If anyone has any sort of an answer or idea to the solution, I would be very greatful.

Changes like that require a new game to take effect.
You won't see it in the savegame as the troop's stats and so on are stored within the save file once it is created.

Vaegir arrow are more powerful but come in smaller stacks, this is for balance reasons, so after they run out of arrows Vaegir archers are meant to go melee.

If you really wanted to give them more arrows, you need to simply increase the stack size of the arrow type they use.

Changes in the troop files are only effective in a new game.
But if you give archers more arrow packs they still have only one pack, which type is determined randomly between the packs you gave them.

The easiest way to help them is to increase the number of arrows in a pack (thus changing the item itself), this is effective as soon as you load your game.
Of course this is effective for all archers who use the pack that you changed.

P.S. In some mods (like The Wedding Dance) I've seen that during some quests the quivers refill themselves but I guess this is too much to do easily.

Back
Top Bottom