How to activate the royale mode in the NW?

Users who are viewing this thread

I checked the source code of NW and I find a new game type call royale. I change the header_common and let this mode shows on the Admin panel. But it seems that don't have any trigger on this mode.(Like press C to battle cry and P to surrender). So it seems that I fail to activate that mode. what should I do to activate that?

To make things sure: Are you failing to activate the game mode or failing to activate the triggers for battle cry etc at the game mode?
I succeeded to make that mode on the admin panel, but when I start the game, that mode doesn't have any triggers that other modes have. Also, if I try to do some code on that mode, it makes no difference than I edit it before.

Upvote 0
Adding a mode to be listed in the admin panel is something different than having implemented the game mode succesfully. Is the rest of that game mode working as it should? Or is that game mode not getting active at all?
The game mode is not getting work as it should. How should I do to make it work? I mean whatever I code on that game mode it may not be affected by my new code at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can take a look at this OSP Kit here. It describes the steps for implementing a new game mode. You need to make sure that the same things are given for the Battle Royal mode, otherwise it won't work.

I got everything I have but it is a little bit different because the source of NW is different from Warband. like add (this_or_next|eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_invasion), under (this_or_next|eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_battle), 4times , but can't do exact times when I search for (this_or_next|eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_battle), . It only have two results. After I did everything follow the OSP kit, the new mode is still not working. No any trigger and can't be affected by any modification.

Upvote 0
If it is not built up the same you have to check the script structure at NW and adapt it to it accordingly. The OSP Kit gives you a hint at how many places you have to look in Native, so you need to find their equivalent in NW which should still be at roughly the same places even when it has different variable names.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom