How things should be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Krisee

Sergeant
TW I have a very simple fix that will help avoid unnecessary work for you, and complaining from the mp community.

1 day of the week, make a bunch of polls with ideas or things you want to release/bring out. And ask people if they like or dislike it. 1 week later collect your results.
This way you give the players that bought your game what they want. This will also save your company time, instead of wasting time/resources on things nobody cares about or don't want. (Removing deaths from scoreboard.) You will also save even more time by not having to hear the community complain about a change you made that was unwanted. And save time by not having to revert changes.
This will be more efficient than what is happening right now. Do what your players want if you want to build this mp community.

Thanks for reading and hopefully you take my suggestion into consideration.

Yes because online polls cannot be manipulated
Also they ofcourse won't be open polls. The community can offer suggestions, the developers can do whatever they want with it. When the developers reach a point where a choice needs to be made and multiple options are possible, they can poll the community if they want.

Letting a community decide is the worst idea, polling it for an opinion not so.

A proper bug+feature tracker would also be a great addition to the community feedback loop! The current technical section is way less useful than something like GitHub has.

They can make polls on this forum, If they want to check the validity they can just look at who voted for them. Does not seem hard.
Wouldn't it be better to have the poll somewhere in game? So that people who actively play the game sees it and votes on it. I also don't think the people that frequent this forum fairly represents all the players that play online. If someone browses this forum, but only plays warband; they won't see the poll.

Runescape already does this. There the poll is actually an ingame location you have to visit with your character; making it somewhat of an effort only people who care about the game is willing to go trough. I'm not saying we should copy that and have a poll booth in the middle of Zauna, but it could be on the lobby screen. It also makes it tricky for Troll McNazi to get all his Discord friends to vote his way on the poll since they need to actually buy the game.

You could even filter game modes. If a suggestion concerns skirmish; only show that polling question to players who has queued up for skirmish the last 48 hours or something.

I love the suggestion btw. I'm all for community polling.

Wouldn't it be better to have the poll somewhere in game? So that people who actively play the game sees it and votes on it. I also don't think the people that frequent this forum fairly represents all the players that play online. If someone browses this forum, but only plays warband; they won't see the poll.

Runescape already does this. There the poll is actually an ingame location you have to visit with your character; making it somewhat of an effort only people who care about the game is willing to go trough. I'm not saying we should copy that and have a poll booth in the middle of Zauna, but it could be on the lobby screen. It also makes it tricky for Troll McNazi to get all his Discord friends to vote his way on the poll since they need to actually buy the game.

You could even filter game modes. If a suggestion concerns skirmish; only show that polling question to players who has queued up for skirmish the last 48 hours or something.

Yea a poll ingame is a great idea actually.

Too complex

Honestly I think the issue is that they simply have zero interest in player feedback in the first place. THEIR community has been trying to give them feedback before even the beta was released, when they invited a smaller group of warband vets to provide feedback. I believe you can still go back to the original posts (which were originally hidden from the public) where fundamental flaws in the game design were pointed out and promptly ignored.

If Taleworlds didn't listen then, in arguably the most critical stage of development, what little hope do we have as a community to be heard now? They made a decision early on that they would follow their vision and not that of their dedicated community, and I don't think they have looked back since. They've dug their heads further and further into the sand with each month, because they are terrified of going back on their earlier decisions.

After reading ignored posts from players a lot wiser and more knowledgeable than myself in Bannerlord's early days, I personally decided to refrain from putting in much effort towards feedback, as there seemed little point in wasting the time. Why have a voice if you can't be heard, and get no response? Still respect those who continue to try to persuade Taleworlds, but all I think most people can do at this point is hope one day something changes, or that by some miracle Bannerlord's MP takes off when servers/modding are added--whether that will be anywhere near as long-lasting or more importantly enjoyable as Warband's MP is pretty questionable though.

Maybe this sounds too much like an overly negative message of impending doom...but in my mind it's simply being realistic.

They have all the feedback they need reading the forum and working with a specially selected group of players. The polls would serve no purpose since you feel like they should strictly follow the wishes of the community, and the fact is that they don't, it's their game and they are free to do whatever they want with it. You are free not to play it if you don't like it.

it's their game and they are free to do whatever they want with it. You are free not to play it if you don't like it.
Consumer feedback is one of the biggest elements that contribute to a game success. You saying they should ignore a thing that is fundamentally part of the process is sickening.

They have all the feedback they need reading the forum and working with a specially selected group of players. The polls would serve no purpose since you feel like they should strictly follow the wishes of the community, and the fact is that they don't, it's their game and they are free to do whatever they want with it. You are free not to play it if you don't like it.
Yes they don't need to do it. You are factually correct, they don't need to do anything. And btw isn't our multiplayer community so great and alive? What a great job has been done for it to be so great and alive eh? Even in the evening it sometimes is hard to find a 6v6 since people are already in a game and you only have 8-10 people searching at that time.
And polls would serve no purpose? Of course they would. They would know what their players want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom