How the hell do I get my heir a wife???

Users who are viewing this thread

The kid is of age and single, so I tried the following:

1) Look up potential brides and and approach them directly. No dice.
2) Look up their fathers to see if they felt like marrying them off. No dice.
3) Look up the faction leader to see if he was up for an alliance by marriage, No dice.

So how do I get the flippin' dialogue option to get my idiot son a wife?

Also, as long as I'm here, by "look up" I mean check the encyclopedia for single women, get a possible location, then go searching. Some I found in armies, but I didn't get the dialogue option I needed, so I switched to finding the people out with their parties. That didn't work so I tried them at their keeps. Didn't work. One guy I broke out of a Sturgian dungeon, but before I had the chance to ask him he teleported back to Battania. Once I finally caught up with him...it still didn't work.

So am I missing something?

And seriously, how about a MESSAGE SYSTEM so we don't spend all of our time searching for people?

The kid is of age and single, so I tried the following:

1) Look up potential brides and and approach them directly. No dice.
2) Look up their fathers to see if they felt like marrying them off. No dice.
3) Look up the faction leader to see if he was up for an alliance by marriage, No dice.

So how do I get the flippin' dialogue option to get my idiot son a wife?

Also, as long as I'm here, by "look up" I mean check the encyclopedia for single women, get a possible location, then go searching. Some I found in armies, but I didn't get the dialogue option I needed, so I switched to finding the people out with their parties. That didn't work so I tried them at their keeps. Didn't work. One guy I broke out of a Sturgian dungeon, but before I had the chance to ask him he teleported back to Battania. Once I finally caught up with him...it still didn't work.

So am I missing something?

And seriously, how about a MESSAGE SYSTEM so we don't spend all of our time searching for people?
You need to talk with the clan leader and arrange the marriage with them.
If the other clan leader has a single old women in his clan don't try to marry them with your clan members, they can not produce any childs and they always offer the oldest unmarried women(Or wait until the old women is in prison).
Search for clan leaders with young unmarried women.

And don't marry female members from your clan, they always leave your clan and join their husband's clan and you lose a potential fighter, governor, party leader and a potential heir.

You need to talk with the clan leader and arrange the marriage with them.
I did. The dialogue option wasn't there. Is there some rule that if my character is married to a Battanian I can't marry my son to a Battanian or something? My main is married to Caladog's daughter Corein, but there are a dozen other eligible Battanian women.

Ok, so it appears that I can't get my heir married to a Battanian girl, perhaps because I already married Caladog's daughter. Would have been nice if there was some sort of DIALOGUE HINT about that, but all's well that ends well I suppose.

From Caladog it was a relatively short trek to Derthert, who offered up his 41 year old daughter. Since governors and heirs are literally the only reason to bother with marriage I declined. I then traveled across the entire known world in search of the Sultan of the Aserai. He led me on a merry chase, but eventually I tracked him down. After paying him a substantial bribe I was permitted to marry my boy to some 19-year-old whose name eludes me. She has no traits and bad stats, but at least she's fertile. She was pregnant in 3 days.

So that was a frustrating pain in the ass with a lot of wasted time and in the end I was unable to accomplish what I set out to do, which was marry my son to a Battanian with good traits and stats. His mom is selfish and cruel and she raised an imbecile who's too short sighted to see that sacking cities that I plan to keep is counterproductive. I was hoping for a better 3rd generation, but I'm not sure that marrying my selfish, cruel, stupid son to a talentless blank slate is going to get me there. Oh well. Next time through I'll marry someone who shares my values.

Back
Top Bottom