How the hell do I get high tier armor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nobody has mentioned just getting married to someone with the armour you want, then sending them off to battle naked?
People get all mad when you tell them to do that. I think it's like psyco effect like whenever a person plays a game like this for a long time and doesn't figure out easy things to do on thier own, then when told it's a reaction like 'oh that's CHEAP, it's Cheezy, It's an exploit". But whatever they do on thier own is just "that's how you play the game".
I believe armors and high tier stuff don't spawn because of their price which is easily around 500-600K.
Most cities circle around 100-200K.

When a workshop produces something they sell it to the city.
So it's prettt impossible for hight tier armour to spawn because cities will go bankrupt.

I think the devs. adressed this issue,I don't remember the thread.
They changed it so it can be sold by the store now(some versions ago). I've seen the max body armor in store, not sure it a more expensive one exists somehow though.

RIP gear in towns. I can't find anything decent and blacksmithing is just too much repetitive work.
I've seen enough high cost items to think they didn't change anything from 1.6 to 1.6.1, but I if they did it should be in the patch notes. Then again they do seem to leave some stuff out of patch notes, or it could be oversight. Better go havest some spouses!

People get all mad when you tell them to do that. I think it's like psyco effect like whenever a person plays a game like this for a long time and doesn't figure out easy things to do on thier own, then when told it's a reaction like 'oh that's CHEAP, it's Cheezy, It's an exploit". But whatever they do on thier own is just "that's how you play the game".

They changed it so it can be sold by the store now(some versions ago). I've seen the max body armor in store, not sure it a more expensive one exists somehow though.

I've seen enough high cost items to think they didn't change anything from 1.6 to 1.6.1, but I if they did it should be in the patch notes. Then again they do seem to leave some stuff out of patch notes, or it could be oversight. Better go havest some spouses!
Not gonna lie, I totally stole my wife's armor ? She's governing a town, not like she needs it!

High tier armors in vanilla got extremely low chance to be produced and extremely high chance to be immediatelly consumed by the same town. I think prosperity of town and presence of blacksmith increases their chance to spawn. Also they can pretty much never drop in undamaged state from combat because total value of your loot have upper cap that is set very low and scales very slowly with either your level or amount of days played (AKA no reward for being brave / good at game and defeating strong enemies early on).

and extremely high chance to be immediatelly consumed by the same town.
Can I ask what makes you say that? From my understanding, it's the complete opposite; it's highly unlikely for a town to consume high tier items after they've been produced. Like for instance, there's a less than 1 in 3000 chance that a 100k armor would get consumed by a 5000 prosperity town on any given day. I'm basing that on the MakeConsumption method.

Make sure you are selling crude iron in every town you visit. It requires a resource to make an item. After smithing I sell 50 crude to the town (other wise you end up with 1000s of crude iron the way refining works).

Can I ask what makes you say that? From my understanding, it's the complete opposite; it's highly unlikely for a town to consume high tier items after they've been produced. Like for instance, there's a less than 1 in 3000 chance that a 100k armor would get consumed by a 5000 prosperity town on any given day. I'm basing that on the MakeConsumption method.
When I was developing more production and more income mod, I found out that high tier gear often dissapeared after one day (sometimes it was replaced), so I assumed some sort of consumption since the player is the only character that is really buying military gear. However I am always playing the game with RBM (where best armors are for 50K not 500K) so maybe thats why high tier armors dissapeared more often during my observations.

@Ananda_The_Destroyer

I have no problem marrying and get my wife gear out, since she always will be my governor. If ruins the RP think like a dowry, hahaha, since in medieval times and early medieval time the husband would usually get a plot of land or a castle according to the marriage agreement

When I was developing more production and more income mod, I found out that high tier gear often dissapeared after one day (sometimes it was replaced), so I assumed some sort of consumption since the player is the only character that is really buying military gear. However I am always playing the game with RBM (where best armors are for 50K not 500K) so maybe thats why high tier armors dissapeared more often during my observations.
Got it. Yeah I was just curious, since I knew you've created mods related to production, but wasn't aware of any mechanism that would cause workshop produced equipment to get consumed so quickly in vanilla. Even an armor that costs 10k would still only have about a 1 in 300 chance to be consumed per day, which is fairly low. There may have been an issue with an old patch that caused the game to delete some items though.

Does your mod happen to add item modifiers (rusty, tailored, etc.) to workshop productions?

Back
Top Bottom