How starting a new game is like:

Users who are viewing this thread

This is where I'd really like to see the ability to choose a "home" village in a sandbox start.

Would be rad to have the game start with your character at that village -- more immersive in story, rather than in tediously dodging bandits to get to your homeland so you can RP your character properly.

Everytime I feel the want to start a new game on Bannerlord I just get the feeling of dread knowing that its going to get boring and repetitive within 30 minutes and its not even worth spending time shopping for mods cause as soon as the next hotfix hits you're back to the start.

Gonna stick to Warband thanks

Last edited:
Everytime I feel the want to start a new game on Bannerlord I just get the feeling of dread knowing that its going to get boring and repetitive within 30 minutes and its not even worth spending time shopping for mods cause as soon as the next hotfix you're back to the start.

I mean, maybe you just need to wait for the game to come out of early access if that's going to put you off. It's sort of par for the course.

I restart with every update. There's definitely room for improvement as far as professions go -- I put up a post about it today -- but I still manage to shake it up at least a little every playthrough. I have to admit, I play Battanians almost all the time.

Everytime I feel the want to start a new game on Bannerlord I just get the feeling of dread knowing that its going to get boring and repetitive within 30 minutes and its not even worth spending time shopping for mods cause as soon as the next hotfix you're back to the start.

I recently played about 20 hours in Warband and while the game (with mods) is good the combat just doesn't "feel" as good to me. It seems sluggish and the animations are much worse. I actually had to stop playing because it was so noticeable to me. Damn you TW I can't play Bannerlord because it's so lacking, but now I can't play Warband because the combat feels inferior. :mad:

I think we just have to accept this game will be an unfinished disappointment, made by a bunch of people, who think they can do the same thing and get away with the things they did 10 years ago, using the same methods. Developing an advanced game with a bunch of interns and almost no staff is not very favorable to the development process.

Of course, I would love to be proven wrong, but the game basically plays and looks the same as it did during day 1 of release: there might be less bugs, but the features changed were only minor, few major exceptions that have no actual bearing on the game. The changelogs are full just meaningless minor changes like changing the price of meat from 50 to 49 gold, nerfing weapons that are already outclassed by your starter equipment, and (sometimes re)introducing more bugs.

I think we just have to accept this game will be an unfinished disappointment, made by a bunch of people, who think they can do the same thing and get away with the things they did 10 years ago, using the same methods. Developing an advanced game with a bunch of interns and almost no staff is not very favorable to the development process.

Of course, I would love to be proven wrong, but the game basically plays and looks the same as it did during day 1 of release: there might be less bugs, but the features changed were only minor, few major exceptions that have no actual bearing on the game. The changelogs are full just meaningless minor changes like changing the price of meat from 50 to 49 gold, nerfing weapons that are already outclassed by your starter equipment, and (sometimes re)introducing more bugs.
Don't tell me what to accept, especially based on an irrational argument. :razz:

Don't tell me what to accept, especially based on an irrational argument. :razz:

I stated in my first sentence is that this is my personal opinion by making the "I think" remark. I never tried to persuade anyone: I just expressed my personal opinion, I am not holding at you at gunpoint to accept it or even care about it. It's simply not my fault that you tried rephrase it as an "argument" in your mind, looking for a opportunity to mock me. You know, not everything is an argument on the internet: people express their opinions all the time, and not every one of them needs to "debated".

Also, thank you for proving and continuing the stereotype of Bannerlord fans being immature children who think that any criticism of the game or the devs is a personal attack against them: you are the pride of the fandom. Too bad that other people have already one upped you in that regard.

Last edited:
I stated in my first sentence is that this is my personal opinion by making the "I think" remark. I never tried to persuade anyone: I just expressed my personal opinion, I am not holding at you at gunpoint to accept it or even care about it. It's simply not my fault that you tried rephrase it as an "argument" in your mind, looking for a opportunity to mock me. You know, not everything is an argument on the internet: people express their opinions all the time, and not every one of them needs to "debated".

Also, thank you for proving and continuing the stereotype of Bannerlord fans being immature children who think that any criticism of the game or the devs is a personal attack against them: you are the pride of the fandom. Too bad that other people have already one upped you in that regard.
I think you may be taking my comment a little harder than you need to, while chiding me as immature for daring to disagree that I should accept this as a disappointment.

I am sorry you are offended by how I phrased that as a player and member of this community, and long-time fan of the franchise, I have a different opinion than you and expressed that in foil to your use of "we".

You have quite sharp criticisms against the game, developers, and the community -- but you react so sensitively to any counter-criticism. Yes, online this is where problems come in with discussion forums -- we're here to discuss (or debate) ideas for the development of this game, but some few expect to be above that discussion. I don't get that, and I honestly don't mean to offend, but I do think it's fair game to discuss the ideas in a discussion forum. I never meant to mock you, and acknowledging that the argument is irrational is a statement of fact, not mockery. I think if you read your comment over, if you're honest you can acknowledge that. It expresses that you're unhappy, but your specific claims are hyperbolic at best. If you disagree, maybe you understand that we're allowed to disagree and that's a normal part of discussion....

I think you may be taking my comment a little harder than you need to, while chiding me as immature for daring to disagree that I should accept this as a disappointment.

I am sorry you are offended by how I phrased that as a player and member of this community, and long-time fan of the franchise, I have a different opinion than you and expressed that in foil to your use of "we".

You have quite sharp criticisms against the game, developers, and the community -- but you react so sensitively to any counter-criticism. Yes, online this is where problems come in with discussion forums -- we're here to discuss (or debate) ideas for the development of this game, but some few expect to be above that discussion. I don't get that, and I honestly don't mean to offend, but I do think it's fair game to discuss the ideas in a discussion forum. I never meant to mock you, and acknowledging that the argument is irrational is a statement of fact, not mockery. I think if you read your comment over, if you're honest you can acknowledge that. It expresses that you're unhappy, but your specific claims are hyperbolic at best. If you disagree, maybe you understand that we're allowed to disagree and that's a normal part of discussion....
Nice doubling down, but do you know that you don't get paid for this? Sure, you might earn some brownie points from the likes of you, but that is a pretty embarassing thing to be proud about.

I can express my opinion with hyperboles: personal opinions about video games doesn't need to be based on facts, that is why they are opinions. Also, the "we" part is just a regular normal expression, used to express opinions: stop taking everything so literally like a dumb AI. I thought humans were the animals that supposed to understand things others cannot, like sarcasm, expressions and abstractions?

You know, there are certain countries that pay you for being a little troll and acting like a bot, maybe you could check them out? This way you could earn some money.

Inb4 multiple double downs (triple downs?), getting reported for even referring to certain countries and being a meanie.

Last edited:
Honestly I have no interest in personal arguments. I'm here to discuss this game, and yes, I have made a commitment to try and support the early-access phase of a game from my favourite developer here -- I really don't see how this invalidates anything I have to say about the game.

I will probably be found to ignore the more emotionally reactive members of this forum, as I see it's not as mature a space for discussion as I'd hoped.

Etrepcar, in no unclear terms, I'd like our less than fruitful discussion to end here. Literally, I see nothing for us to discuss.

Most people, when speaking on behalf of a community, will accept when the community speaks up for itself to correct that representation. Meh.

i only ever restart games every update. Every time i try to continue my save from different version it just gets bogged down with problems that it was not worth continuing the save from previous version.
at some point i stopped playing the game legitly after couple of restarts because the grind was so fking boring.
Yeah i hope in the future i can just continue saves rather than having to restart or atleast make it different rather than a grind

Yeah I get bored of playing after like an hour. I haven't even finished a game yet because the whole war thing gets dull after a while. I'm not really sure how else they could make the game a lot more engaging. Maybe minigames? Gambling or board games maybe? There's also no point in wandering through a city when you can just click the trader's portrait and be instantly transported there. It would be nice to have reason to walk through a city; similar to skyrim with npcs occasionally talking to each other, listening to rumors, or maybe a random fight happens or a thief tries to run away. Or enter the houses and see what's inside or something?

Yeah I get bored of playing after like an hour. I haven't even finished a game yet because the whole war thing gets dull after a while. I'm not really sure how else they could make the game a lot more engaging. Maybe minigames? Gambling or board games maybe? There's also no point in wandering through a city when you can just click the trader's portrait and be instantly transported there. It would be nice to have reason to walk through a city; similar to skyrim with npcs occasionally talking to each other, listening to rumors, or maybe a random fight happens or a thief tries to run away. Or enter the houses and see what's inside or something?
Personally wouldn't want board games, but more kingdom options. Some form of control or influence over the vassals and more diplomacy options. I mean i don't want to become king to play board games. Bannerlord to.me is about being a lord and a part of management accompanied by fighting.

Hate to break it to you guys, but board games are already in. Check the taverns and keeps. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom