How starting a new game is like:

Users who are viewing this thread

Revverie

I hate 4 chan but for the sake of simplicity and storytelling i'm going to use that format:
>Update after all the dust gathered
>Open game, le epic music and background
>New Campaign
>Skip tutorial, shut up brother I dont give a crap about
>"a vast singleplayer sandbox setting where no two playthroughs are the same" TW™
>All playthroughs start in the empire with the terrible main story quest nobody cares about instead of appearing in the place i'm from.
>Let's try Vlandians instead of Battanians this time
>Need to make money and start an army
>Kill the same looters you encounter in Battania, play tournaments but with horses this time! do the same quests you encounter in Battanian lands, start smithing for future cheesing... Basically what I did in Battania but now in Vlandia
>""""no two playthroughs are the same""""
>Go to the tavern and hire a medic and a scout, huh I swear I already read these backstories before, good thing now that they're random they give more variety right?!??
>Cheese the heck out of Inn and out, 1500 gold just for telling the game host I will pay for it and skip the boring mini game
>Incredible and fun quest design!
>Keep doing the same quests over and over, win tournaments for gear, kill looters to cheese smithing
>20 group of looters start running after 5 of them are dead, against my 7
>fun?
>Found engineer with another repeated story, ok whatever might be useful in the future
>He died in his first battle
>ok that was actually funny
>Finally rank up
>stfu brother
>Join Vlandia, join army
>We're at war! we're going to a siege, sounds fun?
>out of all the castles near us, ONICA CASTLE
>Army leader chooses to spawn ballistas over and over and starve us to death
>mfw
>Reload this f game, join an actual competent army
>Ok, this guy has a brain, siege starts
>Ladder stuck, ladder stuck
>Whatever i'm gonna do it myself
>oh, there's only one guy with me up here, nice.
>knocked unconscious
>whatever, we won
>Time passes, sold ****, earnt some money, fought some dudes
>Join another army
>350 dudes
>we're being chased by 400 army
>Ally with 100 men is very close, cmon dude help us, lets **** him up
>Actually runs like a *****
>WHY
>ok **** this im out for a while
>actually installs mods like a boss
>banners BANNERS
>HAIR BEHIND THE HELMETS, FINALLY IM NOT BALD
>proposes marriage, like just like that? I dont even own a land
>ITS HOTFIX TIME
>SAVE BROKE BABY
>start a new game, lets go khuzaits
>same quests, same brother, same everything
>I dont have the energy for this
>F this lets play some multiplayer
>game breaking bug, "play game" button stuck
>crash
>re open game, same thing, crash
>open server list?
>nope wont load
>SEARCH TDM?!?
>"PLEASE WAIT"
>CRASH
>TRY AGAIN
>YES, CAPTAIN GAME LOADED, I'VE DEFEATED YOU GAMEBREAKING BUG
>4 players, please wait 2 minutes until someone gets in
>198 ping
>...
>alt f4
>Open Warband
>Custom server lists loads
>Warband Argentina, 10 players, battle
>70 ping
>no waiting
>Uninstall Bannerlord entirely

I'm NA and i'm running 85 ping on Europe siege servers like a boss. Sums up all my game time on bannerlord these days. Siege is the ****, just needs more maps and a good Infantry for khuzait faction. Dont think ill touch SP again until they nerf the Khuzait.

[...]
[...]
giphy.gif

Quite a shopping list :lol:
---

Hoy te convertís en héroe, me cagué de la risa.
Qué vergüenza que a día de hoy no tengáis servers...

I hate 4 chan but for the sake of simplicity and storytelling i'm going to use that format:
>Update after all the dust gathered
>Open game, le epic music and background
>New Campaign
>"a vast singleplayer sandbox setting where no two playthroughs are the same" TW™
>All playthroughs start in the empire with the terrible main story quest nobody cares about instead of appearing in the place i'm from.
>Let's try Vlandians instead of Battanians this time
>Need to make money and start an army
>Kill the same looters you encounter in Battania, play tournaments but with horses this time! do the same quests you encounter in Battanian lands, start smithing for future cheesing... Basically what I did in Battania but now in Vlandia
>""""no two playthroughs are the same""""
>Go to the tavern and hire a medic and a scout, huh I swear I already read these backstories before, good thing now that they're random they give more variety right?!??
>Cheese the heck out of Inn and out, 1500 gold just for telling the game host I will pay for it and skip the boring mini game
>Incredible and fun quest design!
>Keep doing the same quests over and over, win tournaments for gear, kill looters to cheese smithing
>20 group of looters start running after 5 of them are dead, against my 7
>fun?
>Found engineer with another repeated story, ok whatever might be useful in the future
>He died in his first battle
>ok that was actually funny
>Finally rank up
>stfu brother
>Join Vlandia, join army
>We're at war! we're going to a siege, sounds fun?
>out of all the castles near us, ONICA CASTLE
>Army leader chooses to spawn ballistas over and over and starve us to death
>mfw
>Reload this f game, join an actual competent army
>Ok, this guy has a brain, siege starts
>Ladder stuck, ladder stuck
>Whatever i'm gonna do it myself
>oh, there's only one guy with me up here, nice.
>knocked unconscious
>whatever, we won
>Time passes, sold ****, earnt some money, fought some dudes
>Join another army
>350 dudes
>we're being chased by 400 army
>Ally with 100 men is very close, cmon dude help us, lets **** him up
>Actually runs like a *****
>WHY
>ok **** this im out for a while
>actually installs mods like a boss
>banners BANNERS
>HAIR BEHIND THE HELMETS, FINALLY IM NOT BALD
>proposes marriage, like just like that? I dont even own a land
>ITS HOTFIX TIME
>SAVE BROKE BABY
>start a new game, lets go khuzaits
>same quests, same brother, same everything
>I dont have the energy for this
>F this lets play some multiplayer
>game breaking bug, "play game" button stuck
>crash
>re open game, same thing, crash
>open server list?
>nope wont load
>SEARCH TDM?!?
>"PLEASE WAIT"
>CRASH
>TRY AGAIN
>YES, CAPTAIN GAME LOADED, I'VE DEFEATED YOU GAMEBREAKING BUG
>4 players, please wait 2 minutes until someone gets in
>198 ping
>...
>alt f4
>Open Warband
>Custom server lists loads
>Warband Argentina, 10 players, battle
>70 ping
>no waiting
>Uninstall Bannerlord entirely
burning esso right

I'm NA and i'm running 85 ping on Europe siege servers like a boss. Sums up all my game time on bannerlord these days. Siege is the ****, just needs more maps and a good Infantry for khuzait faction. Dont think ill touch SP again until they nerf the Khuzait.
Eh? Khuzait got great heavy infantry (could have a bigger shield but I guess it´s a balance thing) and decent footbowmen. You can totally make a footslogger Khuzait army and it will win.

Eh? Khuzait got great heavy infantry (could have a bigger shield but I guess it´s a balance thing) and decent footbowmen. You can totally make a footslogger Khuzait army and it will win.

Are we even playing the same game ? Heavy infs have between 45 and 50 armor. Spear infs tops at 32 therefore he is a Mid tier infantry.

I hate 4 chan but for the sake of simplicity and storytelling i'm going to use that format
What I hate is being permanently banned from all boards for the 7th time !

Aaaaaw you messed up, you can't pick his perks if you skip, meaning he doesn't always have the 3 or so useful perks for npcs. The difference between useless dead weight garbage and "the best NPC you can get" is just a few, petty, miserly little perks.
They really need to just re-set NPC perks when they join our party for the first time.
I'd be nice if perks were actual trad offs and equally useful too, but that ship has long sank to bottom of an ocean of :poop:

Yeah sadly this. Depressing thing is i just restarted a new campaign after many months of taking a break -loaded up a bunch of really nice mods but i just know im gonna hit that point of "Is this it?" and thats one of the worst feelings you can have in a game usually leading to a permanent uninstall.

If i knew there was a meaningful mid and end game id feel totally different

Yeah sadly this. Depressing thing is i just restarted a new campaign after many months of taking a break -loaded up a bunch of really nice mods but i just know im gonna hit that point of "Is this it?" and thats one of the worst feelings you can have in a game usually leading to a permanent uninstall.

Yeah, when I see people liking this game I realize a lot of us actually come from hours and hours of Warband, and now this content here gets stale way faster than for someone that just started getting into the game, I guess I expected way more for a sequel, but I don't blame myself having higher expectations than this, the game had the potential to be bigger and improved in many areas the devs left aside shamefully, this leads to repetitive and boring playthroughs, hopefully in 2 years this won't be the same game, I guess is time to actually stop scrolling the forums I guess? At this point getting excited each update and see what's new it's not working at all and the experience it's pretty much the same, it ends up being a cycle of frustration and it's unhealthy, I lose my temper on these forums lmao.
It particularly sucks for you @Revverie because you can't even enjoy the little multiplayer we have left, but you summed up perfectly how the singleplayer has basically gone backwards in it's sandbox ways.
giphy.gif

Quite a shopping list :lol:
---

Hoy te convertís en héroe, me cagué de la risa.
Qué vergüenza que a día de hoy no tengáis servers...
Yeah, when I could play MP I did have fun but the experience gets worsened each and each game when you basically can't improve without actual regional servers, but there's still a lot of time until SA sees a server. Gracias Terquito!

im NA and I get 91-140 ping spikes. It needs new gamemodes, maps, public servers, and better modding support as well as TW to realize the Esports dream was only theirs and not the entire MP communities

i just know im gonna hit that point of "Is this it?" and thats one of the worst feelings you can have in a game usually leading to a permanent uninstall.
Yeah, this very well summarizes the main issue with the game.

On the other hand, the game is very beautiful with great potential.

Are we even playing the same game ? Heavy infs have between 45 and 50 armor. Spear infs tops at 32 therefore he is a Mid tier infantry.
No?
Khuz Drakhans armour:
Head 51
Shoulder: Body 12, arms 3
Body: body 46, arm 14, leg 14
Arm: 25
leg 6 <- wow that is terrible.
And yeah, their Throwing Spear is a bit "why?"

I can understand a lot of what you wrote. Although I usually enjoy the starting phase the most, but only because I have Calradia at War and Scum and Villainy installed which give you a plentitude of early adversaries. I really like the fights, especially when the enemy has cavalry and all is a chaotic chase, not so much the bigger battles however.

My bigger problems come when I enter the mercenary stage. To deal with the stupid own AI and the repeating gameplay wears me down, also the sad siege mechanics. And the prospect of more repetition after repetition usually makes me stop shortly after becoming a vassal and losing the first fief over and over again. A big reason for my quits may however be the personal bias and fact that I don't like any of the factions and don't want to bind on one, and that I don't have so much interest in creating a dynasty or big empire.

I think a designer at TW doesn't like sandboxes and wants to make an action RPG -- hence their complete 180 degrees on having a sandbox experience. Instead they seem to want an emergent world with players on rails going through it.

I'd taken a break of a couple of months, and it has improved. The progression through clan tiers 1-3 feels much 'busier' now, with fewer dead periods of 'what do I do now?'; I don't play as a mercenary and not as a vassal in recent games. More quests, improvements to perks, the rebellion system etc do improve the flow. Not perfect yet, but improving all the time.

Hey, the minigames are a little fun, at least for me. They have limited intelligence of game masters, but well, I like Puluc a lot and Tablut is one I chill out playing (as a defenders it is easy).

As for the main quest - yeah, I could not care more. For several plays I have once reached all the 10 lords I have to speak to about folly, then I cared about this even less.

The most lacking part for me is fief managment, because it is almost never provide enough gain to be worth defending. I usually play as merc, just to not have to deal with defending my useless catle or negative-income-city.

Back
Top Bottom