How quickly do minor factions (Jatu specifically) recover from obliterated status?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

Just wondering how quickly a minor faction, particularly the Jatu, will jump up the regression meter from obliterated to a higher tier - and if there's anything the player can do to accelerate this process (other than spamming for rumours and not farming their Warbands/parties).

Thank you.

As I recall (It has been >10 years) the mechanic works like this:

We start with a strength number, I believe it is 50. This number is a % chance that is checked if any given spawn is queued to spawn. If the rnd (1-100) is less than this strength value the spawn occurs. If it occurs, then there is a value that is added to that faction strength number.

Example a Jatu Warband has a strength of 5 for example. When the player, and only the player, engages that spawn, the strength number is reduced by 1-3 points greater than the strength add given the spawn (depending on the size of the spawn). If an NPC kills the spawn, the strength reduction is the same as the spawns add. Thus in our Jatu warband example, it is spawned and the Jatu have a strength of 55. The player eliminates it, and the Jatu strength goes down to 49. If an NPC eliminates it, the strength goes to 50 where it started.

There is a possibility that the faction can come back, though it is low.. and there also is a possibility that the faction is forever defeated and their strength dipped to negative numbers in which case nothing will ever spawn.

Leave them alone, keep their spawns alive and hope that their strength is around 2 or 3.

As I recall (It has been >10 years) the mechanic works like this:

We start with a strength number, I believe it is 50. This number is a % chance that is checked if any given spawn is queued to spawn. If the rnd (1-100) is less than this strength value the spawn occurs. If it occurs, then there is a value that is added to that faction strength number.

Example a Jatu Warband has a strength of 5 for example. When the player, and only the player, engages that spawn, the strength number is reduced by 1-3 points greater than the strength add given the spawn (depending on the size of the spawn). If an NPC kills the spawn, the strength reduction is the same as the spawns add. Thus in our Jatu warband example, it is spawned and the Jatu have a strength of 55. The player eliminates it, and the Jatu strength goes down to 49. If an NPC eliminates it, the strength goes to 50 where it started.

There is a possibility that the faction can come back, though it is low.. and there also is a possibility that the faction is forever defeated and their strength dipped to negative numbers in which case nothing will ever spawn.

Leave them alone, keep their spawns alive and hope that their strength is around 2 or 3.
Thanks for the explanation!

How would manually spawning uniques and armies through the Cheatmenu affect the strength rating of a faction? Say for example it has dipped into the negatives, would this cause any issues or not even have any effect?

No effect. We check to see if it is possible (by faction strength) for a spawn to happen. After that we check for individual spawns, which player actions can increase.

This is an interesting system as it creates ebbs and flows of factional strength and amount of factional spawns. The more spawns on the map, that increase factional strength, the more likely (to a spawn maximum) spawns will occur. They get beaten up and it lessens the chance of future spawns.

No effect. We check to see if it is possible (by faction strength) for a spawn to happen. After that we check for individual spawns, which player actions can increase.

This is an interesting system as it creates ebbs and flows of factional strength and amount of factional spawns. The more spawns on the map, that increase factional strength, the more likely (to a spawn maximum) spawns will occur. They get beaten up and it lessens the chance of future spawns.
Ah gotcha, yeah the system is fantastic I'd just hate to see a minor faction completely absent since they all have their unique flavour.

Seeing the thread I decided to monitor the Heretics that, in my current game, have been obliterated for months now:
It looks like the spawning of small parties have been reduced but I still encounter random heretics parties (including three seers patrols) on a regular basis (just not as often as I did in the very early game). That is despite the fact that I hunt them down whenever I see them (those loots are too good to ignore!).
While it could be sheer randomness, armies spawning doesn't appear to be affected. At least heretics army spawns are still more common than anything else in my game.

Could it be that asking for rumors completly bypass that system the same way it spawns Azi Dahaka Death Cult Marauders?

Back
Top Bottom