How powerful box do I need for a server?

Users who are viewing this thread

I am going to host commander battle with big squads and big amount of players. It is possible that I will have like several thousands of bots per team. How much memory, how powerful CPU and how powerful connection do I need for that?

It is also possible that I will just host servers with like 200 people fighting each other. What would I need for this?

Froi said:

No more of that for a while.

Baskakov_Dima said:
I am especially interested in knowledge about connection speed you need and amount of traffic generated.

For your server, a 100 mbps connection speed should be enough.

Concerning the specs, as you'd only have one server, you'd better be looking for a very good CPU with high clock speed even if it doesn't have many cores.
Also, several thousands of bots would be really complicated to do as Warband, the game itself, would probably not be able handle that much anyway.
You shouldn't worry too much about RAM & connection, 8GB should be enough by far (unless you want to do more than what you have written).

Ra'Jiska said:
Froi said:

No more of that for a while.

Baskakov_Dima said:
I am especially interested in knowledge about connection speed you need and amount of traffic generated.

For your server, a 100 mbps connection speed should be enough.

Concerning the specs, as you'd only have one server, you'd better be looking for a very good CPU with high clock speed even if it doesn't have many cores.
Also, several thousands of bots would be really complicated to do as Warband, the game itself, would probably not be able handle that much anyway.
You shouldn't worry too much about RAM & connection, 8GB should be enough by far (unless you want to do more than what you have written).

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom