How old are you ppl waiting for bannerlord?

The title says it clearly, how old are you who has been waiting for this game?

• I am below 20 years old.

Votes: 53 17.8%
  • I am between 20 and 25.

Votes: 110 36.9%
  • I am between 25 and 30.

Votes: 51 17.1%
  • I am between 30 and 35.

Votes: 38 12.8%
  • Ops, am I that old to play the game? (>35)

Votes: 46 15.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Do not look here said:
Well damn, I was here (lurking) waiting for vanilla full version release and had nowhere near as interesting experiences as some people here! I want to refund my life to TaleWorlds :mad:
Just reload your previous save from when you were a lot younger.

Honved said:
Do not look here said:
Well damn, I was here (lurking) waiting for vanilla full version release and had nowhere near as interesting experiences as some people here! I want to refund my life to TaleWorlds :mad:
Just reload your previous save from when you were a lot younger.

If only! Sadly, no do-overs in RL. :neutral:

Only too late do you realise that your money won't last. It doesn't take you long to fritter away what little you bothered to save, and you fare poorly in several desperate attempts to start adventuring again. You end up a beggar, living on alms and the charity of the church.

Alas, 8 years is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable community.  I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

There was a similar thread to this in the PoP forum, and I posted this..

I am 76, and still playing. I tend to play just single player, and I keep coming back to PoP, which in imo is still the best Warband Mod.
Started playing simple games, and then writing some in machine code, back in the 70's 80's on the single board Nascom 1, and have never stopped playing games since. (I was a mainframe computer engineer for many years, and used to play a "text" version of Startrek on the mainframe on nights as a background job several decades ago).
Your never too old! just hope I last out until Bannerlord is released.

Games have certainly changed over the years, but one regret I have is taking my Nascom to the landfill, I should have kept it. It had expanded from the single board significantly, and had a sound mod I designed and built myself, as well as an expanded memory, overclocked interface, (programs were saved and loaded from tape), but best of all I had built a full maintenance panel with 8 of the main registers displayed on LED's so I could single step through machine code programs to debug.
All this was in a custom built wooden case.
I actually changed my mind and turned around and drove back to get it from the landfill but it had already gone, hopefully to a good home.

Yozzer said:
There was a similar thread to this in the PoP forum, and I posted this..

I am 76, and still playing. I tend to play just single player, and I keep coming back to PoP, which in imo is still the best Warband Mod.
Started playing simple games, and then writing some in machine code, back in the 70's 80's on the single board Nascom 1, and have never stopped playing games since. (I was a mainframe computer engineer for many years, and used to play a "text" version of Startrek on the mainframe on nights as a background job several decades ago).
Your never too old! just hope I last out until Bannerlord is released.

Games have certainly changed over the years, but one regret I have is taking my Nascom to the landfill, I should have kept it. It had expanded from the single board significantly, and had a sound mod I designed and built myself, as well as an expanded memory, overclocked interface, (programs were saved and loaded from tape), but best of all I had built a full maintenance panel with 8 of the main registers displayed on LED's so I could single step through machine code programs to debug.
All this was in a custom built wooden case.
I actually changed my mind and turned around and drove back to get it from the landfill but it had already gone, hopefully to a good home.

While you’re waiting for Bannerlord, you can still play the 1971 version of Star Trek without digging up your buried treasure from its landfill site.

https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/geekend/play-the-original-star-trek-video-game-from-1971/

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/28228/Star-Trek-Text-Game

@NPC99

Gosh, I did not know it still existed, just looking at the contents of the source files brought memories flooding back.
I used to work on the English Electric KDF9, and some clever engineers wrote a music program for it using the various peripherals such as printers, tape decks punch machines etc. as the sound source, and its rendition of "jingle bells" had to be heard to be believed. All the computer room would come alive as all the peripherals joined in to produce the various sounds they made. It was pointed out by the customer one Christmas it must have been the most expensive musical box around, (at that time it cost millions).  :cool:

I'm almost 27. I was 21 when Bannerlord was announced :facepalm: and already played to M&B for 4 years.

This is my very first post on the forum, posted exactly 10 years ago:
Al_Mansur said:
J'aimerais que les possibilités de personnalisation du perso soient plus poussées et que les cadavres restent sur le champ de bataille jusqu'à la fin.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,30803.msg839517.html#msg839517
It's very moving  :mrgreen:

Yozzer said:
@NPC99

Gosh, I did not know it still existed, just looking at the contents of the source files brought memories flooding back.
I used to work on the English Electric KDF9, and some clever engineers wrote a music program for it using the various peripherals such as printers, tape decks punch machines etc. as the sound source, and its rendition of "jingle bells" had to be heard to be believed. All the computer room would come alive as all the peripherals joined in to produce the various sounds they made. It was pointed out by the customer one Christmas it must have been the most expensive musical box around, (at that time it cost millions).  :cool:

Your engineers weren't alone:
It is indeed likely that the BBC recording of computer music from the Ferranti Mark I was made on 7th December 1951 because, in his book Faster Than Thought published in 1953, Vivien Bowden says: “In December 1951 the BBC broadcast the machine’s performance of Jingle Bells on a One Horse Open Sleigh and Good King Wenceslas.... On the whole it seems probable that this technique will have no other applications than the amusement of the programmers and their friends at Christmas time”.

Unfortunately, the recordings aren't online.

http://www.computerconservationsociety.org/resurrection/res77.htm

http://www.computerconservationsociety.org/index.htm

The first computer I ever used as a school kid was an Elliot 803b

WQVBA.jpg

Wow, you guys are all 18+, im 15(almost 16) and im waiting for 3 years, so i started playing Mount & Blade when I was 12-13 years old (lucky me), ahh I just cant wait to drink from some skulls, its a never-ending harvesting season guys! ahhh  :dead:

wildnix said:
Wow, you guys are all 18+, im 15(almost 16) and im waiting for 3 years, so i started playing Mount & Blade when I was 12-13 years old (lucky me), ahh I just cant wait to drink from some skulls, its a never-ending harvesting season guys! ahhh  :dead:
Old enough to be your mother without having been a blip in the teenage pregnancy statistics.

I cannot say that I waiting for a game has ever been a particular hobby of mine, but while expecting TW's new baby to be released, I got a degree, enrolled for a MA program and got a full time job. Now I'm steadily going forward with my life and slowly, but surely, preparing the grounds to create a family. With that said, I'm not really sure whether I'll ever get the product, as I have barely played any game in the past months. I have to admit though, this is the best and most sane community I could ever hope to meet over the internet. I'll never regret lurking for so much time around here.

I've been waiting six long years. When the original teaser trailer came out I was in eighth grade and was hoping the game would be out for Christmas of 2013. I'm currently a sophomore in college.

If this game doesn't come out before 2020 my disappointment will be immeasurable, and my decade will be ruined.

Back
Top Bottom