How much do the modifiers "fine," "masterwork," and "legendary" add to crafted weapons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Smithing is fun and intriguing to me, but if the modifiers aren't all that much, then I'll be OK with using loot drops or store bought weapons. Does anyone have numbers on these?

No on knows because it's quite useless. It takes ages to do it.
And you have good enough weapons already. I don't feel like I need much more power.

Crafting would allow you to make a different size of weapon. But to kill who? Most armies are made out of rookie troops.

Never encountered a full armored elite army like in Warband. I reached the point after 80h, where I drop the game because there is no challenge at all.

So Smithing is absolutely useless.

And you have good enough weapons already. I don't feel like I need much more power.

Crafting would allow you to make a different size of weapon. But to kill who? Most armies are made out of rookie troops.

Never encountered a full armored elite army like in Warband. I reached the point after 80h, where I drop the game because there is no challenge at all.

Yeah, this is my conclusion also. I suppose I was looking for a reason to do it because of the fun factor of being able to customize your own weapon with whatever blade, hilt, pommel, etc. as you like. But I'm guessing the amount of damage that even a "legendary" modifier adds to a weapon is pretty negligible, for (a) the amount of work and points you have to put into it, and (b) the fact that other skills of equal level give way more benefits. It's like OK, I can add a few more meaningless points to my weapon that don't even matter, or I can have huge bonuses to influence, or city building, or something like that.

Do they exist? I found a Fine Eastern Lance twice so far and I simply thought it was it's name and not an index of quality. So when you make an item, you can indeed make a Fine/legendary sabre?

Do they exist? I found a Fine Eastern Lance twice so far and I simply thought it was it's name and not an index of quality. So when you make an item, you can indeed make a Fine/legendary sabre?

Yes, I've seen those drop items too, and I thought they were just part of its name and not a modifier. Honestly I haven't gotten that far up the smithing line yet (only 63 or so) so I don't know for certain. But there are perks in the line that say it will add to your chance to make a fine weapon, or masterwork, or legendary one. So players should be able to make them, unless there's some bug that prohibits the perk from operating correctly.

You can also max out the skills with some mods just to see what's about!
I was grinding it actually up to lvl85!!!
And what I discoverd, was that I will never ever have the pieces unlocked, so I unlocked them all with a mod.

But! Legendary comes at lvl280 or something. You will never reach that ever!

And there is no point! To kill what? Armies of peasants?

It seems you can roll every tier on item and it gets ridiculous pretty fast, also my typical misspell lol.
duno how it got so much speed tho it gets i think bugged on weapons whith switchable modes to two handed

You can also max out the skills with some mods just to see what's about!
I was grinding it actually up to lvl85!!!
And what I discoverd, was that I will never ever have the pieces unlocked, so I unlocked them all with a mod.

But! Legendary comes at lvl280 or something. You will never reach that ever!

And there is no point! To kill what? Armies of peasants?

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I also tend to like the early-mid game more than the end game. Controlling small amounts of things, and struggling to gain power is more fun. I always enjoy the start of the game then get bored when/if I end up conquering most of the map. Then it's just like maintenance work. I felt the same way playing the Total War series. I sometimes use this reasoning in real life to convince myself why I shouldn't be disappointed if I don't end up being super rich. "It'll be cool for a good while, but eventually I'll just get bored like in Mount and Blade." :xf-tongue:

I've been grinding smithing, and it takes a looong while to get over 250.
as of now, the "fine", "masterwork" and "legendary" attributes DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!
in crafting screen it shows that you can gain up to +4 bonus to between 1-5 stats, but when you exit the smithy screen and look at your inventory, the boosts don't stick.
This makes crafting essentially useless, not counting the niche part where you by chance get a tier 5 part early on and can make some good steel.
..or that you really want to make that customized great axe to fit your viking warrior.

Devs HAVE sped up the rate you unlock new parts, though, so that helps a bit.

If a dev is looking at this, you'd need to make crafting more useful, not by speeding up levelling, but by making stat buffs and penalties more common.

It seems you can roll every tier on item and it gets ridiculous pretty fast, also my typical misspell lol.
duno how it got so much speed tho it gets i think bugged on weapons whit switchable modes to two handed

Is that a player crafted non-modded item? If so, that damage is pretty nuts, and wouldn't make me want to totally discount smithing.

I've been grinding smithing, and it takes a looong while to get over 250.
as of now, the "fine", "masterwork" and "legendary" attributes DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!
in crafting screen it shows that you can gain up to +4 bonus to between 1-5 stats, but when you exit the smithy screen and look at your inventory, the boosts don't stick.
This makes crafting essentially useless, not counting the niche part where you by chance get a tier 5 part early on and can make some good steel.
..or that you really want to make that customized great axe to fit your viking warrior.

Devs HAVE sped up the rate you unlock new parts, though, so that helps a bit.

If a dev is looking at this, you'd need to make crafting more useful, not by speeding up levelling, but by making stat buffs and penalties more common.

Thanks for this. Up to +4 bonus? Hmm, that isn't much at all, even if the crafting bonuses weren't bugged and working correctly. I think I can pass up smithing then.

The weapons stack and you lose the stats ? ? ? ? ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ?
Is there anything logic in this game? IMAO

So if you grind for better stats, make one weapon, smelt it, make it again, smelt it, etc!

ATTENTION. The name of the weapon will be registered forever and if you make another one with identical parts and settings, you will lose the stats and will be named like the other one. So you can't give it a different name!

Oh man, this is so broken, beyond belief. (n)?

It's even hard to explain how broken it is!

The longer the game goes on the weaker ai Lord armies get. Seeing a bunch of kings who should have high tier unique imperial guards running around with 90% peasant armies or getting captured by bandits while trying to recruit peasants from village to village is absolutely ridiculous. Late game combat is a sick joke as my tier 4-5 army facerolls every enemy armies usually consisting of 90% peasants.

Devs should really consider higher tier clans and better perks for clans. Like tier 10 royal clans spawning with 10-20 high tier unique units. Kings should have a perk or policy that allow them to stay in their castles when mustering troops instead of running around from village to village recruiting peasants sometimes getting taken hostage by looters.

Tier 6 clans get a perk where every unit they recruit shows up as 1 tier higher. Tier 8 clans recruit 2 tiers higher. Tier 10 recruit 3 tiers higher. So you actually end up with strong units late game instead of all out peasant wars.

Last edited:
Yeah, well, I started with Vladia and I was thinking, oh man, I want those epic battles with cav vs cav like, the crazy ones! Just insanity on the battlefield!

Never found them! I stack more troops in my castle. Go with 40Sharpshooters 40Sergeants and 60Banner Knights.

I'm thinking, I'm OP now, I want battle against 600! I engage 600 and put all in range like on the book! Battle finished in... few seconds. Just peasants with forks!
I'm like... how is this even possible? This is worse than WB.

But in the end what happened! I had wounded almost my men! (20 deaths) and I remain against 100 archers with no arrows and slash them one by one from the horse making 80 kills.
Epic NOT.

PS: ah, at a certain point I was thinking maybe my sharpshooters are too OP by default. Get just 10 and rest infantry. I washed the floor with everything even harder! ?

But if you get 40+40 and the rest cav, like you do if you wanna be a pro :xf-cool:, everything is done in few seconds no matter what. F1 F3 done.

SO MY MAIN Suggestion is on Suggestions and it's about how the Lords should behave and recruit, train, form armies.

maybe not fully armored but still... Real life? I think you don't know what are you talking about!
Great battles were done not with just only peasants. Should I give you the Roman Empire Example? Or another 9999 examples?
Learn some history before posting nonsense.

Well the Roman Empire example is a tad different, since it was standardized and they were basically a professional army. However they would be equipped with standard and cheapest equipment. As always with military it is all about compromise. Also auxiliary troops, which made up another bulk, might have had different equipment. Regardless, professional army armour is likely most comparable to low-midtier armour in-game.
Now if we move towards the medieval times, which we seem to be in, the majority of armies where not professionals, they were indeed peasants with a high variation of equipment, especially armour (mostly none). There were soldiers and the personal houseguard, but naturally these only made up a small fraction of the army.

Well the Roman Empire example is a tad different, since it was standardized and they were basically a professional army. However they would be equipped with standard and cheapest equipment. As always with military it is all about compromise. Also auxiliary troops, which made up another bulk, might have had different equipment. Regardless, professional army armour is likely most comparable to low-midtier armour in-game.
Now if we move towards the medieval times, which we seem to be in, the majority of armies where not professionals, they were indeed peasants with a high variation of equipment, especially armour (mostly none). There were soldiers and the personal houseguard, but naturally these only made up a small fraction of the army.

Yes and kings will have always armies with peasants armed with forks right? In which world?
It depends how the armies were formed! In 14th century's europe they payed for well armed armies in order to push back the ottoman invasion!
They didn't always just fought with peasants untrained and unarmed. They would never win.
In fact in the majority of cases they won in inferiority using good tactics and well armed calvary. The knights etc.

What about making the game less boring? Do you want to charge your calvary on peasants forever?
Do you think the game is ok like this?
It doesn't make sense at all. It's all idiotic repetition of senseless battles against peasants and these Lords come again and again and again. At a certain point you wander yourself, what the hell am I doing here?

Like I said, Warband had almost the same problem and now it's even worse and I don't think everything will be fixed. It will remained an incomplete game patched incorrectly and chaotically by the modding community.

Yes and kings will have always armies with peasants armed with forks right? In which world?
It depends how the armies were formed! In 14th century's europe they payed for well armed armies in order to push back the ottoman invasion!
They didn't always just fought with peasants untrained and unarmed. They would never win.
In fact in the majority of cases they won in inferiority using good tactics and well armed calvary. The knights etc.

What about making the game less boring? Do you want to charge your calvary on peasants forever?
It doesn't make sense at all. It's all idiotic repetition of senseless battles against peasants and these Lords come again and again and again. At a certain point you wander yourself, what the hell am I doing here?

Like I said, Warband had almost the same problem, they didn't learn at all.
I just wanted to iterate on the issue of authenticity of armies full of plates. And yes, Kings often had their personal houseguard, however they called their lords into war, which recruited their soldiers from their fiefs i.e, peasants. There are many examples of professional armies, that are well equipped I agree, however those were mercenaries AND expensive. I agree their is an issue that money handling of lords is pretty crap and game mechanics really enforce that with constant war, no training mechanics and recruitment resources being the same for everyone and limited. This is an issue and a big one at that.

Like I said, Warband had almost the same problem and now it's even worse and I don't think everything will be fixed. It will remained an incomplete game patched incorrectly and chaotically by the modding community.
Cool, but the game isn't emulating the 14th century. It's a weird mix of emulating the fall of Rome and the 11th century. I see you constantly on the forums just ****ting them up, complaining, not suggesting anything and answering to posts with trivia not related to the original point.
Don't @ me either because I won't reply.

Back
Top Bottom