How many?

Users who are viewing this thread

Channler

Recruit
How many developers are working on M&S? And how long has it been in develpment for?

PS: Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum

Not only in a different forum, but also it was already unswered - Armadan as a programmer and his wife as a modeller.
BTW, her work is nice too. Why Armadan is getting all the praise? :smile:
2 Armadan
Why we don't see her here? She don't like forums, or has no time?

Yea, expecially Bethesda :smile: Not that they are worshipped in the 'advanced' gamer's community anyway :smile:.

Since they noticed that there will be no fighting on horses in Oblivion, concentrating on M&B is really easy :smile:.

Really... <crawls in a corner and sobs queitly>

Oh well.. I wish many of developers had this kind of, I don;t know, dedication to there games

It's not just dedication - it's putting your soul into the game, seening it as a form of art... not just an other way to earn some $$$ that most major companies see making games as. *sighs*

Channler said:
Really... <crawls in a corner and sobs queitly>

Oh well.. I wish many of developers had this kind of, I don;t know, dedication to there games

Not only dedication, but also the courage to try new ideas in games. Game development is becomg way too mainstream nowadays and independent developers, like Armagan and his wife, are a welcome change.

I believe it would be plain wrong to think that developers working at large studios don't have a passion for what they are doing. They most certainly do. But their job involves so many different parameters. They need to plan everything in advance, make sure all deadlines are met, include or cut away features according to the requests of management, write reports, deal with quite a bit of corporate bureaucracy, etc, etc... It's completely different from working in your garage at your own pace. Of course their way has its own advantages too, in that everyone does whatever he or she's good at and doesn't need to worry about the rest.

Well, it's not about them not loving their work. It's mostly them doing what they are told to...
And they are usually get told to make games that will have very high chance of applealing to mainstream crowd... and usually it involves 0% innovations, cause with every innovation there is a risk, and they cannot have that - "We'll lose money!".
That's why usually most innovative games are made by small studios.
Edit: Or by people who has SO much money that they don't care if they'll lose a few millions :smile:.

Back
Top Bottom