How many scenes are finished?

Users who are viewing this thread

I also wonder the ratio of unique settlement scenes to the total number of settlements in the game.

The thing is, there could be 1,000 scenes finished and it would make no difference. There's no reason to visit any village scene. How many of you have spent actual time in a village scene? I bet it accounts for less than 0.5 of all player time in game.

The thing is, there could be 1,000 scenes finished and it would make no difference. There's no reason to visit any village scene. How many of you have spent actual time in a village scene? I bet it accounts for less than 0.5 of all player time in game.
Would be nice to get some variety on village battles tho, I find myself fighting in those scenes quite a bit while defending from raids.

That is true, the village scenes while fighting in are important to immersion. Good point.
To your main point about immersion outside of battle. It would be cool (annoying to some) to get more quests like family feud where you had to go fetch the guy in the village in order to put him in your party. It got old but at least it made me wander through the village.

agreed, you should have a reasonto enter all these scenes.
which are beautifull.

i remember at launch, i entered towns and villages all the time,
to look at the world. now it's gone because of all the windowed
character in the menus of towns.

Would be nice to get some variety on village battles tho, I find myself fighting in those scenes quite a bit while defending from raids.
That is true, the village scenes while fighting in are important to immersion. Good point.
After playing the same ****ing scenes for 9 months, I really have noticed how much difference the new scenes in the last update made. Going into a battle and actually having to scout the terrain before a battle adds to the immersion tenfold. It's also just refreshing not fighting on same ****ing maps every battle.

Really makes me depressed that they're not doing randomly generated field battle scenes.

Really makes me depressed that they're not doing randomly generated field battle scenes.

Yeah MB+Warband had that. Really served for some chaotic but fun experiences. Although, just pre-making some 100 heightmaps with the software worldmachine or and applying textures could seal that deal. Even as a community project for each landscape would be a neat way to source out that work.

There are many different terrains like snow, riverside, mountain etc. They really need to create hundreds of battle scenes for each of them so that it will feel randomized, but again after some point, some of them would still be memorized.

Just make it thousands of scenes.

Yeah, problem is just that village battles suck. :xf-grin:

I think the general design needs to change. If someone raids a village with his 200 men army he would probably position 175 of them on an open field before the village and just take a small party to plunder.
So when we attack them the battle should take place on an open field with the village in the background. If we defeat them they could try to escape to the village centre where we can fight with a smaller force similar to keep battles.

Yeah MB+Warband had that. Really served for some chaotic but fun experiences. Although, just pre-making some 100 heightmaps with the software worldmachine or and applying textures could seal that deal. Even as a community project for each landscape would be a neat way to source out that work.
It's not that simple as they need to do the navmesh for every map I'm pretty sure since they don't have a tool that does it automatically. From what I've seen that is not a quick process.

In my opinion this should be their focus list.

1. Fix the navmeshes of all their current scenes for sieges (Castles and cities)
2. Fix most of the visual/gameplay bugs there are in current scenes.
3. Add in new scenes for different Cities and then fix any issues that comes up with them.
4. Add in scenes for different castles and then fix any issues that comes up with them.
5. Add in scenes for villages and then fix any issues that comes up with them.

Plus. Even more battle scenes would be awesome. Seeing 26 new ones in 1.5.6 was amazing and I hope for even more with more varied terrain in the future.

They don't need unique scenes for every settlement or even castle when they choose to release the game I think. I just hope that at least each city is unique ones they decide to release Bannerlord prober.

Out of a total of 100 hours of gameplay, I must not have spent half an hour inside a settlement, it seems to have been, and still is a wasted job, apart from looking for the lost daughter, there is no mission there, and the battles there are a confusion.
There could be individual missions, in cities and towns, from looking for important fugitives, some stuff, armor or weapons in the villages, or trying to open the gates, murder some characters,poison the wells, stole high end equipment, with the help of gangs in the cities, etc. Sometimes it could be a mini Skyrim, don't you think?

Village scenes are not important at the moment. I have no reason to go there. Batlle scenes an fixes to siege scenes would be my priority. At the moment the game misses the proper positive incentives to enter a village scene.
Like stated in this tread: it would be a different matter if there would be random encounters with assassins, bandits, wanderers and travelers. Or maybe a chance to convince even more recruits to join your army if you talk to them in person.
It is a shame that so much time is spend on an aspect of the game that players (I assume lots of players) barely use. My game time is limited, so if there are no other incentives to go to the village scenes. I rather save some time by only interacting with the menu, which in turn makes the experience less immersive.

Another thing I am looking forward to/hope they implement is individual Arena and Tavern scenes for each City. Fighting in different Arenas throughout Calradia, some small some large and including named fighters will make for a really fun prizefighter run.

As for taverns I once entered an imperial Tavern with about 10 wanderers already in it. They where spread out on the benches and in the rooms. One was talking to the slave trader another was chatting up some ladies in a corner. Two shady looking Kuzaits where at the bar and a well dressed Aserai was at a table telling a story to a small crowd. The tavern felt full and lively.
I took the time to sit down with each one and listen to their story and for a second I had a vision of what Bannerlord could become.
Now as mentioned before if we could get some random encounters, hostiles, questgivers, loremasters, traders, ect. in these places that would be awesome.

They do its just very bad.
Navmesh generator is pretty good for single levelled maps - so for sieges etc, they need to do it by hand for sure, but for battle terrains, it should be easy to create navmesh automatically.

Fighting in different Arenas throughout Calradia, some small some large and including named fighters will make for a really fun prizefighter run.
They cannot customize each tavern for each city that easily since each tavern you are entering is actually a 3D object with walls embedded inside, like in Warband. ( Someone can correct me if I'm wrong ) So to do that, the art team have to create each tavern by hand/texture it, bake it etc and then should be added into the game and send to environment artists and they have to change etc. It not just doubles but triples to work in a way. I would love to see that though. But I think it's unlikely that they will do.
But for arenas, I think it's way easier to do this since they are not one big bulk objects but actual scenes ( well they are some like that for empire but you can still spicy things up with more props, statues etc to give distinct look )

Back
Top Bottom