How many people bought a license?

Users who are viewing this thread

edyzmedieval

Recruit
First of all, I love the game. :grin:
Awesome made.

Second, I will buy a license, so I can continue. I'm an addict. :razz:

Third, how many of you ppl got a license?

i believe it could now be over 10000. Or even higher, but maybe armagan will tell you. :razz:
He said quite a time before that he already sold 8000.

Here on the forums like 90% or so.

10000*~$12=$120000  :shock:
If you ask me - thats a nice result :razz:
But still, if you compare that to the income of big companies that sell ****ty games you begin to wonder - WTF is wrong ?

Its beta, no top graphics and just the native game is becoming boring very fast. So the whole M&B Game lives due to all its mods.

I think armagan did a nice job on this.

Also dont believe that the developers of the good selling games become lots of $$$ first they have to pay all the other dudes and crap. Then they gain there share. So armagan is in a better position on this and not earning that bad at all. Still he now has 2 other people who work with him.

And dont forget to hire me edy. :razz:

Depends on what skills on scripting and modelling you have.... :razz:

I work on a mod(not for M&B, for Rome Total War), and I learned scripting, modelling and skinning(though I am still a newb at the last 2, so no hiring yet  :sad: ).

I know i have bought 2 licenses.

No stranges on my Visa acount and i bought the first in August 2005 i think it was. And the lates just a few days ago.

$120,000 isn't really alot for making M&B development a full-time job. However, it may be a ton of money in Turkey ... I don't know the exchange rates/value per dollar. :smile:

Anyway, as a salary, it isn't a lot. Consider that you have to keep working under the pressure that if you do not enhance and develop, you don't earn a living. Plus, the rate of income can be very variable. Armagan and his wife took a big chance doing this. I am glad to see that it is working out for them. I am also glad I have M&B to play :smile: I hope everything continues to go well. I still can't believe a husband and wife team made such a great game themselves. I know, there are other artists now, but look what they accomplished alone to start.

HardCode said:
$120,000 isn't really alot for making M&B development a full-time job. However, it may be a ton of money in Turkey ... I don't know the exchange rates/value per dollar. :smile:

Anyway, as a salary, it isn't a lot. Consider that you have to keep working under the pressure that if you do not enhance and develop, you don't earn a living. Plus, the rate of income can be very variable. Armagan and his wife took a big chance doing this. I am glad to see that it is working out for them. I am also glad I have M&B to play :smile: I hope everything continues to go well. I still can't believe a husband and wife team made such a great game themselves. I know, there are other artists now, but look what they accomplished alone to start.
Here is a sort of review of the game - but what's good is that also includes a bit of an interview with Armagan. 

http://etoychest.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1350&Itemid=43

NOTE: We have established that the authors/editors of the missed a typo and it should be 8000 - NOT 800.  They dropped a zero.

Armagan posted in september 05 and said they have sold "almost 8000" licenses. The article is copyrighted November 05 - it certainly appears as the authors and/or editors of the article missed the fact that they dropped a '0'

The article is great reading if you are not already familiar with the story of Armagan & Ipek!

(And font' forget, as Armagan said "Most of the new graphics are being done by our new graphic artists Ozgur and Hilmi, who are working with great enthusiasm and doing a marvellous job."  Hear hear!)  So as far as I can tell, things are going pretty well for the team - I believe they recently moved to a new town and rented an actual office - so they no longer have to work out of the house.  That also allowed them to bring on the boys. :grin:

DE

HardCode said:

Isn't a lot!!!!
man, that's a whole lot. that's only in one year mind you. And if you get a good university (or collage) education, you'd have to have at least 5 years of experience, and that's for being an accountant or something like that. Australia. People earn $50000 a year mabye, if they work a 38 hour week as a builder or something like that. take into accout exhange rates. that's $204000 AUD he got in a single year.
That's a whole bloody lot :shock:

When i bought the game. It was 14 USD. which was 20.44USD.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=14+USD+in+AUD&btnG=Search
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hurahh!! our econemy is getting stronger!!
P.S. Dammit, i can't get urls to work with the names ect with the new stuff

I hope it's enough to keep them going.  The problem is sales tend to go in bunches so eventually it will get saturated until/unless they release a new game of some kind.

Hopefully we will see a lot more good stuff like this fromt hem, and also others.  Oh, and yes I bought it.

Really. Even at the planned $25.00 fill version retail price, how can you go wrong!?!? The big game companies charge now $59.99 for take-it-or-leave-it crap that they call games (Fable anyone?) And the BETA price is a steal. I hope Taleworlds produces many more games in the future.

I've brought one. I feel guilty about pushing it to other people, is it right I should suck up their time as well?

Back
Top Bottom