How many Days?

Users who are viewing this thread

A somewhat working fix would limit the chance to track any root cause.
Not sure if you are joking or not. I know you are not a troll so I'm guessing you are just believing in TW too much Spinozart or just being sarcastic.
They don't need user feedback to pinpoint the root cause of this. You do that for rare instances, that happen randomly under certain conditions, but this is not one of those cases. It's out there, plain open, always reproducible, 10 out of 10 times. They can isolate that version and pinpoint/track whatever the hell they want.
I'm pretty sure TW did consider this approach too.
Unlikely. If they really thought about a "temporary" fix, they would do that. Because this is a game-breaking bug. And even TW isn't reckless enough to leave a game-breaking bug in their game while they can fix it, even if it's temporary. That's what they did for ladders. It's not working always, but more or less it's fixed. It's also a patchwork, since it's not completely fixing the situation but at least making the game less garbage. But If they really tried this mod's solution, tested it, and saw that it's working, and yet decided not to fix it, then sorry but it means they are really ****ty developers and game designers. But again, I don't think that's the case - I don't think they even thought about this or another random (most likely pointless) feature they have in their mind that took the development time/resources.

If a modder is able to provide a temporary fix, TW should be able to do that as well.
But again, months ago, when I said "TW is chilling because they know that modders are fixing the game and players are depending on modders and this is not okay" some random people cried at me. So, they can enjoy depending on this talented unpaid dude's work till TW is done with chilling and decides to fixes it's own game.

It's hilarious that one of the most important "feature" of the game is not working at all since from the beginning of EA ( which is approximately 565 days ago as OP stated ) and the company which was supposedly release this game months ago is still not putting this in their number one priority. Seeing people who are feeling "happy" after seeing sieges are working as expected is as sad as it gets.

Not sure if you are joking or not. I know you are not a troll so I'm guessing you are just believing in TW too much Spinozart or just being sarcastic.
They don't need user feedback to pinpoint the root cause of this. You do that for rare instances, that happen randomly under certain conditions, but this is not one of those cases. It's out there, plain open, always reproducible, 10 out of 10 times. They can isolate that version and pinpoint/track whatever the hell they want.

Unlikely. If they really thought about a "temporary" fix, they would do that. Because this is a game-breaking bug. And even TW isn't reckless enough to leave a game-breaking bug in their game while they can fix it, even if it's temporary. That's what they did for ladders. It's not working always, but more or less it's fixed. It's also a patchwork, since it's not completely fixing the situation but at least making the game less garbage. But If they really tried this mod's solution, tested it, and saw that it's working, and yet decided not to fix it, then sorry but it means they are really ****ty developers and game designers. But again, I don't think that's the case - I don't think they even thought about this or another random (most likely pointless) feature they have in their mind that took the development time/resources.

If a modder is able to provide a temporary fix, TW should be able to do that as well.
But again, months ago, when I said "TW is chilling because they know that modders are fixing the game and players are depending on modders and this is not okay" some random people cried at me. So, they can enjoy depending on this talented unpaid dude's work till TW is done with chilling and decides to fixes it's own game.

It's hilarious that one of the most important "feature" of the game is not working at all since from the beginning of EA ( which is approximately 565 days ago as OP stated ) and the company which was supposedly release this game months ago is still not putting this in their number one priority. Seeing people who are feeling "happy" after seeing sieges are working as expected is as sad as it gets.
That's my naïve side, maybe.
Again I'm certainly wrong but I see it like a series of different causes and consequences.
Lack of good intial design and unable to take a final decision, slow development, issues with the AI behaviour, glitches in scenes etc...
All those together with a limited communication (I have changed my mind on that one @MadVader ) resulted to the situation we all know.
But we can see they are working hard and the game largely improved since last patches.
I agree, seeing this major feature remaining broken for so long is quite disturbing. But it is hard to believe that they left it that way just because they are lazy or they don't care.
Anyway, at this level of development and advancement, it is no more a question of finding a temporary fix, but to make it work as it should, definitely.

That's my naïve side, maybe.
Again I'm certainly wrong but I see it like a series of different causes and consequences.
Lack of good intial design and unable to take a final decision, slow development, issues with the AI behaviour, glitches in scenes etc...
All those together with a limited communication (I have changed my mind on that one @MadVader ) resulted to the situation we all know.
But we can see they are working hard and the game largely improved since last patches.
I agree, seeing this major feature remaining broken for so long is quite disturbing. But it is hard to believe that they left it that way just because they are lazy or they don't care.
Anyway, at this level of development and advancement, it is no more a question of finding a temporary fix, but to make it work as it should, definitely.
They seem to have begun to tackle siege issues recently and gave us the normal ladders fix with more to come soon by some dev posts i'm seeing around the forums.

I think TW being in home-office for a long time due to the pandemic greatly affected the speed and cohesion of the team, now that they are back at the studio things seem to be moving a bit better for these critical problems like broken sieges.

They seem to have begun to tackle siege issues recently and gave us the normal ladders fix with more to come soon by some dev posts i'm seeing around the forums.

I think TW being in home-office for a long time due to the pandemic greatly affected the speed and cohesion of the team, now that they are back at the studio things seem to be moving a bit better for these critical problems like broken sieges.
You don't really need cohesion when this was fixed by a solo working modder in his house. They could just say to a random developer "dude, fix this asap" and he should be able to do it.

You don't really need cohesion when this was fixed by a solo working modder in his house. They could just say to a random developer "dude, fix this asap" and he should be able to do it.
Not if the fix jumps across different code owned by different people/working groups.

Probably that didn't help. Personaly I find - at work - we are more efficient when we can go and see people to speak with them in real time of solutions, issues to fix, rather than through e-mails of phone, like it was during the pandemic containment periods.

Let’s say this is an acceptable excuse. Let’s say they got absolutely nothing done during that time and continuing to today. What about the other 10 years of development? You gotta be kidding. Give me a break.

It was your choice to buy the game, when they made it particularly clear in the terms that the game was in development, and there was no official timeline.

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?​

“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year.
The funny thing is that they still haven´t changed their description. But maybe they´ll develope a back into time machine before the final release, who knows?

And of course it was very dumb to believe that they will prioritise to fix core gameplay elements like the siege AI instead of doing whatever.

Last edited:
And it is our right to complain about our purchase, why can't you understand something so simple? You do not have the right to tell us otherwise.

If you have the right to complain to them, I have the right to complain about you complaining. Why can't you understand something so simple? You do not have the right to tell us otherwise.

Exactly. It's not the job of the modders to fix the game. They aren't the ones getting paid for this. And this excuse - "mods will fix this" - is annoying. How many mods for WB there are, that haven't been updated in years and don't work with newer versions, e.g. v1.174. I am not blaming the modders here, just saying that this is the reality of mods. They cannot be relied on to fix your game, and maintain that fix in the future. Especially considering how TW seems to be putting spokes into modders' wheels, so to speak.

And, well. For a game, that's been in development since 2010, there should be no need for mods to fix it. Nor should there be need for EA, alpha, beta or omega. But we live in the age of EAs, alphas, betas that may or may not end, at some point. And why that is? Because gaming community allows it.

And, well. For a game, that's been in development since 2010, there should be no need for mods to fix it. Nor should there be need for EA, alpha, beta or omega. But we live in the age of EAs, alphas, betas that may or may not end, at some point. And why that is? Because gaming community allows it.
I'm quite sceptical about the argument of "development since 2010"...

Warband got released and obviously needed to be patched, fixed etc... and certainly remained top priority in TW development agenda.
BL was officialy announced? 2 years after warband release... And the same year of NW release...
BL blog 1 and we can see it is dated on November... so 2014?
Release of VC (I know it is in cooperation with modders of Brytenwalda)
My guess but this is the year were the pressure increased (fans, budget etc..) and a lot got announced (creating a lot of hype)...
Something happened on management level (?) and communication got worse...
Covid and EA era...

The develoment was not a long linear and calm journey...

Feel free to correct me :wink:

I'm quite sceptical about the argument of "development since 2010"...

Warband got released and obviously needed to be patched, fixed etc... and certainly remained top priority in TW development agenda.
BL was officialy announced? 2 years after warband release... And the same year of NW release...
BL blog 1 and we can see it is dated on November... so 2014?
Release of VC (I know it is in cooperation with modders of Brytenwalda)
My guess but this is the year were the pressure increased (fans, budget etc..) and a lot got announced (creating a lot of hype)...
Something happened on management level (?) and communication got worse...
Covid and EA era...

The develoment was not a long linear and calm journey...

Feel free to correct me :wink:

Regardless of all the "somethings" and "covids", the development at this point has been going on for over 10 years. And the game still has core mechanics, that aren't working (sieges), not to mention, that it lacks features WB had. How does an over-10-year-old game feel more complete?

Don't get me wrong - I am not s***ting on Bannerlord. But I acknowledge, that it needs to improve... A lot. Before it becomes worthy sequel.

And I do have patience to wait. But some of TW's messages and actions make me rather worried about their attitude towards this game. Make me question whether they are going to add any real new features, or is this gonna be the final product on release (with bugfixes). Or maybe they are hoping to bring those worthy features separately, in DLCs? That would be just sad.

Last edited:

Regardless of all the "somethings" and "covids", the development at this point has been going on for over 10 years. And the game still has core mechanics, that aren't working (sieges), not to mention, that it lacks features WB had. How does an over-10-year-old game feel more complete?
I have seen that timeline on reddit...
But it starts strangely because I can't find the lines in Wikipedia about development starting in 2010...

2019 The water cooler ran out of water. The art team on strike for the whole year, had to use intern work.
2020 The multiplayer team got involved in a bar fight with a Turkish MP clan. Some of the brain damage didn't heal.
2021 The rest of the programmers quit after their German lead set very complex work procedures. Thanks Duh.

There's no shortage of excuses, real and imaginary.

I have seen that timeline on reddit...
But it starts strangely because I can't find the lines in Wikipedia about development starting in 2010...
I haven't found Wikipedia saying it as well. But other sources from 2015 also claim this:

All saying the same words.

I haven't found Wikipedia saying it as well. But other sources from 2015 also claim this:

All saying the same words.
Thanks for sharing those.
Even though I'm still sceptical.
Maybe they started to think about BL on that time...
2019 The water cooler ran out of water. The art team on strike for the whole year, had to use intern work.
2020 The multiplayer team got involved in a bar fight with a Turkish MP clan. Some of the brain damage didn't heal.
2021 The rest of the programmers quit after their German lead set very complex work procedures. Thanks Duh.

There's no shortage of excuses, real and imaginary.
:roll:
I'm not looking for any excuses...
Just saying that a development start in 2010 doesn't look really well founded...

And I do have patience to wait. But some of TW's messages and actions make me rather worried about their attitude towards this game. Make me question whether they are going to add any real new features, or is this gonna be the final product on release (with bugfixes). Or maybe they are hoping to bring those worthy features separately, in DLCs? That would be just sad.
Sorry for some reason I didn't see your comments.
Just like you I don't want to hear about any DLC before the game offers (without bugs) all the content described on the steam page (criminal business...) and all features confirmed in recent statements.
Plus a decent end game experience.

Back
Top Bottom