How many children is too much? (Bug?)

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't seen my husband in years and I'm expecting the fourth or fifth child. Who are all born in another city and have zero stats. I wish Detherd or whatever his name was would acknowledge his grandchildren.

Yeah my female character just got pregnant with our fifth, thing is I split my husband into another party before the fourth was born.

I've seen elsewhere that death in childbirth is actually in the game, don't know about player characters, that would be harsh, but it is for NPC wives.

Well my character has three kids now. but his spouse died in childbirth, so yep thats a thing.

I was with my wife once in my fief and she got pregnant, after that she gave birth to 6 babies more in the span of 2 years with out us being in the same fief or party so unless my sperm is long acting, i think I know now why my town moral is high.

There should not be more than 7 births within a 10 year span for any women. Also women over 40 should not be able to have children and a much smaller chance after 35, with decreasing fertility/birth chance starting age 30.

Right now we're seeing 45-50 year old women still giving birth.

It is POSSIBLE for women between 40-50 to have a child, but EXTREMMELY unlikley.
Women do not produce eggs over their lifetime. They store what was produced very early on and they keep loosing that supply over time.

decreasing_follicle_pool1.png

Not that this graph only shows the follicile numbers, the actual DNA/RNA degradation that is happening to the eggs follows an even harsher pattern.

CHART03.jpg

I was with my wife once in my fief and she got pregnant, after that she gave birth to 6 babies more in the span of 2 years with out us being in the same fief or party so unless my sperm is long acting, i think I know now why my town moral is high.

Hey, she has needs ya know. You leave her for months and years on your campaigns.
So very realistic. Didn't think Taleworlds had it in them.

tbh maybe it should become a feature that if you don't spend more time with your spouse, relation with them drops and they start cheating/eventually break up and leave.

Might sounds bad for some, but hey... marriage is a commitment. So just for immersion purpose.

tbh maybe it should become a feature that if you don't spend more time with your spouse, relation with them drops and they start cheating/eventually break up and leave.

Might sounds bad for some, but hey... marriage is a commitment. So just for immersion purpose.

Why the hell not?
You shouldn't be neglecting your wife (and fiefdom).
I was common for lords to return home as often as possible.

There should be something like in Crusader Kings 2 that limits your chances for a child at some point, maybe lower the chance at 3,4,5 etc so you don't end up with numbers that even Tiger Woods would have problems to produce if there would be no modern contraceptive.

Just found out on child 33 and 34 that you can have twins. Can only name the first one though, not that I can think up a name at this point anyway. Thought Wythuin would stop popping em out at 45 years old, I was wrong.

Implementing a simple fertility cycle or fertiltiy dropoff with age AND the options to simple STOP having kids should be easy.

What I really want though, is harems. We have a middle-eastern faction, but no harems? What is this????

Back
Top Bottom