How many children is too much? (Bug?)

Users who are viewing this thread

The Roo

Recruit
So In my bannerlord playthrough, I wanted to try to get a legacy started immediately, and knowing it's in early access I didn't know what to expect. So I married Ira and she joined my party. Eventually we had a child, which is awesome, but then we had another, and another, and another.....guys I have 7 children!! Is anyone else experiencing their spouse just having children like crazy, like I wanted 2 kids, not enough for a medieval softball team

So In my bannerlord playthrough, I wanted to try to get a legacy started immediately, and knowing it's in early access I didn't know what to expect. So I married Ira and she joined my party. Eventually we had a child, which is awesome, but then we had another, and another, and another.....guys I have 7 children!! Is anyone else experiencing their spouse just having children like crazy, like I wanted 2 kids, not enough for a medieval softball team
Dude I also have seven with an eighth on the way. Like wtf man. Tbh, they should probably add a small chance of the wife dying from childbirth that increases with each kid (medieval childbirth was risky business), could add some interesting heir problems later on. Or at least have an option to say hey, maybe no more?

There should not be more than 7 births within a 10 year span for any women. Also women over 40 should not be able to have children and a much smaller chance after 35, with decreasing fertility/birth chance starting age 30.

Right now we're seeing 45-50 year old women still giving birth.

Last edited:
Dude I also have seven with an eighth on the way. Like wtf man. Tbh, they should probably add a small chance of the wife dying from childbirth that increases with each kid (medieval childbirth was risky business), could add some interesting heir problems later on. Or at least have an option to say hey, maybe no more?

That's an interesting idea. Why would it increase with each child though? If that's realistic, fair enough, I don't really know anything about it. Just from intuition I would expect the first pregnancy to be the riskiest though.

That's an interesting idea. Why would it increase with each child though? If that's realistic, fair enough, I don't really know anything about it. Just from intuition I would expect the first pregnancy to be the riskiest though.

Yes, it does not really works that way. Also not sure you want such grim stuff randomly killing characters off screen.

Obviously the timing is not balanced, yet, and needs fixing. Probably some artificial factors stretching it out and probably altering the frequency when there are already multiple children. As late as 1900 5-7 kids were actually normal for a couple. However the expectation were that 2-4 of them would die before adulthood from illness or accidents.
The population explosion in Europe during that time was due to the fact that this was not the case anymore and more and more children and their mothers survived. In reverse the slow population growth (and culling from plagues) before kind of indicates an equilibrium of on average two to three kids actually grow up and have children of their own.

Also what I noticed was your children are clones of yours in appearance. There is no random face generation or a combination of mother and father.

Honestly, I was just basing it off that fact that I don't want eight kids lol. At this rate, Im going to have like 60 before my character dies.

Honestly, I was just basing it off that fact that I don't want eight kids lol. At this rate, Im going to have like 60 before my character dies.
What a freaking lineage thou, and yeah I agree, theres alot needed for this area, like maybe a slight risk with it or just a way to be like "ok honey let's try to not have a child every other season" even thou things like that is inevitable in that time anyway but still, it's a video game lol. I especially feel like, if me and significant other are away from each other then she shouldn't be getting pregnant or someone has some explaining to do

There's 2 ways for your wife to get pregnant (from what I know), one she's in your party for some time or two you stay at the same place for some time.

The feature is clearly not fully implemented yet, only logical explanation. Tie that in with the fact most of us wont even play a campaign long enough atm for that kid to grow up lol.

Yeah my female character just got pregnant with our fifth, thing is I split my husband into another party before the fourth was born.

I've seen elsewhere that death in childbirth is actually in the game, don't know about player characters, that would be harsh, but it is for NPC wives.

Last edited:
Ira duplicated in my playthrough, I ended up with 2 in my army I couldn't get rid off, another as governor and another leading a party...don't ask me how. Think it was something to do with assigning her as a governor of a town then telling her to create a party.

Unfortunately the save started encountering a lot of crashes but my final kid count was 12

There's 2 ways for your wife to get pregnant (from what I know), one she's in your party for some time or two you stay at the same place for some time.
Nope im sure that a husband or wife has to exist to have kids nothing else because 90% my characters husband is either in prison or miles away i know whats happening with my 100 MEN army we all do but id like to think thry at least attempt to stay faithful or add events to make it more belivable especially since my husband said he hated me before we got married great also will there be a cutscene for marrige like warband or is this it because they say something about cermony beginning but never do anything

She even left my party and kept having kids that I know for sure arent mine
10/10 post, OP. Let's play "Maury: Medieval Edition." But in all seriousness, that is insane. In my playthroughs, I only had one kid. Otherwise, I'm lucky if I can get past the courtship phase.

Back
Top Bottom