How many Castles scenes we got ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello !

I've searched that numerous times here, on reddit or on wikia without success.
Do we know how many Castle scenes we got ? I'm guessing it could be easy to check the game files if it's available.
Additionally I didn't keep up very much with the patch notes on that subject during the past year, did TW added scenes lately ?
Do they plan to add more scenes in the near future ?

It all comes down to the fact that I've kept playing the same scene on sieges again and again on different locations despite having Castles on complete different sides of the map ( still the same Culture thought which is the Empire )

Thanks !

PS : since I'm a huge fan of having such informations available, it might be quite handy to write down which scene is stuck to which location, on a spreadsheet or directly on a Bannerlord wikia. I can start contributing by myself of course but my experience is somewhat limited.

Sorry if I sound in a hurry but I feel like my question doesn't get any traction at all.
So I can assume the community doesn't know it at all ?

Sorry if I sound in a hurry but I feel like my question doesn't get any traction at all.
So I can assume the community doesn't know it at all ?

Might be wrong, but I quickly checked through the games files.

Directory:
InstallDir\Modules\SandBoxCore\SceneObj\

Within that folder I found 9 folders for different castle scenes.
  1. vlandia_castle_b
  2. vlandia_castle_005a
  3. sturgia_castle_003
  4. khuzait_castle_siege_001
  5. khuzait_castle_002
  6. empire_castle_b
  7. empire_castle_004
  8. battania_castle_b
  9. aserai_castle_002

Might be wrong, but I quickly checked through the games files.

Directory:

Within that folder I found 9 folders for different castle scenes.
  1. vlandia_castle_b
  2. vlandia_castle_005a
  3. sturgia_castle_003
  4. khuzait_castle_siege_001
  5. khuzait_castle_002
  6. empire_castle_b
  7. empire_castle_004
  8. battania_castle_b
  9. aserai_castle_002
Lol, in custom battles there are more castles than these 9 scenes, maybe those are templates for all the castles in game?

Lol, in custom battles there are more castles than these 9 scenes, maybe those are templates for all the castles in game?

I checked custom battles and there are 9 Castle scenes. All the rest are for Towns.

To check this further I created a mod to loop through all Castles and to print it's Scene Name.

C#:
        private void OnGameLoaded(CampaignGameStarter cgs)
        {
            List<string> sceneNames = new List<string>();

foreach (Settlement settlement in Settlement.All)
            {
                if (settlement.IsCastle)
                {
                    string sceneName = settlement.LocationComplex.GetLocationWithId("center").GetSceneName(1);

if (sceneNames.Contains(sceneName)) {
                        continue;
                    }

sceneNames.Add(sceneName);
                }
            }
        }

Which gave me this output:
  1. sturgia_castle_003
  2. vlandia_castle_005a
  3. empire_castle_004
  4. aserai_castle_002
  5. sturgia_castle_siege_001
  6. empire_siege_001
  7. battania_castle_b
  8. khuzait_castle_siege_001
  9. khuzait_castle_002
I believe each castle has a separate scene for when you "Walk around the town" and when you siege it, but I'm pretty sure there are only 9 unique scenes for castles right now. Let's hope I'm not way off here ?

Oh and I only checked the scenes when the wall upgrade for the castle was at 1, so there may be seperate scenes for when the castle is upgraded with better walls etc but it'll only be slight variations of the same scene.

Last edited:
I checked custom battles and there are 9 Castle scenes. All the rest are for Towns.

To check this further I created a mod to loop through all Castles and to print it's Scene Name.

C#:
        private void OnGameLoaded(CampaignGameStarter cgs)
        {
            List<string> sceneNames = new List<string>();

foreach (Settlement settlement in Settlement.All)
            {
                if (settlement.IsCastle)
                {
                    string sceneName = settlement.LocationComplex.GetLocationWithId("center").GetSceneName(1);

if (sceneNames.Contains(sceneName)) {
                        continue;
                    }

sceneNames.Add(sceneName);
                }
            }
        }

Which gave me this output:
  1. sturgia_castle_003
  2. vlandia_castle_005a
  3. empire_castle_004
  4. aserai_castle_002
  5. sturgia_castle_siege_001
  6. empire_siege_001
  7. battania_castle_b
  8. khuzait_castle_siege_001
  9. khuzait_castle_002
I believe each castle has a separate scene for when you "Walk around the town" and when you siege it, but I'm pretty sure there are only 9 unique scenes for castles right now. Let's hope I'm not way off here ?

Oh and I only checked the scenes when the wall upgrade for the castle was at 1, so there may be seperate scenes for when the castle is upgraded with better walls etc.
After launching the game and check the map list in custom battles, yeah there are 9 castles with the other cities xD,

I'm pretty sure there are only 9 unique scenes
This is one of the reasons why I question the priorities of the Environment Artists' in TW.
It doesn't take too much brainpower to understand that castle/town scenes are way more important than having unique villages at this point since the mid/late game literally forces you to fight and fight and fight.
It makes the situation even sadder when you see TW promised to have `unique` scene for each village + castle + town + ( now with 147 regions :lol: ) and after 1 year, you don't even have half of this promise.

This is one of the reasons why I question the priorities of the Environment Artists' in TW.
It doesn't take too much brainpower to understand that castle/town scenes are way more important than having unique villages at this point since the mid/late game literally forces you to fight and fight and fight.
It makes the situation even sadder when you see TW promised to have `unique` scene for each village + castle + town + ( now with 147 regions :lol: ) and after 1 year, you don't even have half of this promise.
Imo i would like a fix in sieges before they add more castles, maybe that is the reason they are not adding more castles??

Yup, we're not even close to the goal. Maybe they'll surprise us soon, but I'm starting to doubt we'll ever get a unique scene for each location :sad:

Well, maybe the scene level count as a diferent version of the castle? The takor castle in level 3 its diferent ( and nore fun with the double wall) as in level one

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right here, but as far as castle scenes that are unique to one location, it seems there's only 9 :sad:

Imo i would like a fix in sieges before they add more castles, maybe that is the reason they are not adding more castles??
If this is the reason then it also indicates that they have such a messed up system that AI is not able to properly think in semi-complex castle scenes, so that every new "castle" design will look like My Little Pony edition of castles with super simple structure. Which is also bad.
Also, assuming that this is the case, did they added the amount of promised "battle maps" or "villages" meanwhile? I would say no.

So I have no idea what they are doing tbh. I guess the entire Art department is just sitting around. Adding a few scenes and armours in one year isn't much of progress.

Wow thank you so much for all of your responses, thank you for your researchs TripleThreat it is very useful.
It indeed raises a lot of questions to me, I legit thought they were planning on adding new scenes or already did in the past, I guess I mix-matched with the MP content.

Now after reading you it makes a lot of sense to me, the artists have to do some work somehow, so they release MP content before SP since the latter is rigged and needs to work with a proper AI implementation.
Hopefully once they can fix the Siege AI, they could deliver all those new scenes in a faster pace.

Back
Top Bottom