How many Brytenwalda players? Informal Poll!

Users who are viewing this thread

The hp stop healing bug is unfixable from what I know.
There are several fixes that include using the save game editing tool that we've documented in this forum and on Viking conquest where it is also seen.
I personally never encountered it, probably because I don't I have time to play beyond 180 days or so.
I added healing horns to the inventories to specifically fix this issue.

The companion issue is fixable but I don't recall it being a persistent problem.
It had something to do with one of the scripts I added but removed later.
A new game with the latest patch should not have that problem, but I'll try it out again in January and fix it.

In sum, you should be clear to go ahead now and play as long as you save games frequently.
I hope to have some workaround or fixes in Jan.

Any more votes?
I am considering aligning the code base with VC.
This will add 2-3 more weeks, but will make it easier to see what may be causing the biggest recurring BW bugs.
Anyone need certain features fixed asap?
I would rather take it the slow approach.
In the meantime, I would be happy to get some help.
I can pay your patreon account.

I just started playing the mod.  Looks really impressive, but really tough getting started without knowing much about it up front.  I'm sure the veteran players have it figured out, but I'm struggling to deal with even the easiest Theow(?) parties.  So far, trading has been good, on the other hand, combat has been impossible.  My Level 1 character with 12 men took on a group of 8 Theow, and lost, catastrophically.  My character took out one of them, and my 4 companions with minor equipment upgrades plus 8 raw recruits managed to down another before being killed or incapacitated to the last man, but there were still 6 enemies standing when my character finally went down.  Clearly I've got some learning to do.

[ Restarted, traded to gain some cash, then recruited a handful of higher-level troops from a tavern.  Big difference.  Now up to about 70 days, over 200 Renown and a party of over 50 men (6 of them Companions), and taking on smaller enemy lords' parties with relatively light losses.  Dena Pirates are still pretty tough.  NOT happy with the enemy strategic AI, which will send all of a faction's lords half-way across Britain to loot and burn a small village owned by some remote enemy, while other enemies closer to home burn 4 of theirs with no opposition.  I joined a faction, got a village as a fief, and after over a month have yet to visit the place, because it's CONSTANTLY being looted over and over while I'm following my faction's war leader on pointless wild goose chases.  Half of the other fiefs on the map are in the same shape, making trading difficult.  I hope Bannerlord does something to fix the AI's ability to keep recruiting fresh troops after all of their villages have been burned for about the 10th time in under a year. ]

I think most new players rely on the cheat mods either for economy or battle.
The base mod was designed to be just as you described.
You lose about half your battles, which means you end up a for much of the first 2-3 years.
Read the forums.

Reworked makes the economic rewards easier, but not the battles.
This allows you to field a decent mini warband within a  month of play.

What mod version are you playing?

Yo, a bit late to this but i'v been playing Brytenwalda for the past 10 days and now i'm seeing that there will be more? As a veteran of this mod, i am eager to see what else more can be added and wish you guys the best of luck.

PS: Add an up attack for Spears?  :grin:

Nodosa said:
Yo, a bit late to this but i'v been playing Brytenwalda for the past 10 days and now i'm seeing that there will be more? As a veteran of this mod, i am eager to see what else more can be added and wish you guys the best of luck.

PS: Add an up attack for Spears?  :grin:

Same here bro. The reworked is awesome esp since sea battles work now. Cheerio!

gdwitt said:
I think most new players rely on the cheat mods either for economy or battle.
The base mod was designed to be just as you described.
You lose about half your battles, which means you end up a for much of the first 2-3 years.
Read the forums.

Reworked makes the economic rewards easier, but not the battles.
This allows you to field a decent mini warband within a  month of play.

What mod version are you playing?
I believe it's version 1.40 or 1.41, but don't have it here to check.  No sub-mods.  Sadly, I can't seem to figure out mounted melee combat in Warband (which applies to Bytenwalda, other mods, or the base game, but was never a problem in original M&B, and rarely happens on foot), because my character keeps changing his attack direction without warning, or swinging while I'm still holding the button, and therefore striking to the wrong side of the horse or 10 feet before the opponent.  If it weren't for archery, I'd still be at level 2 or 3, rather than 6 or 7.  I REALLY hope they don't make melee even more complex for Bannerlord.

I'm new to the forum, but i've been playing Brytenwalda the past half year, modding it for myself and watching threads. Never had much problem with combat, but was tough when I first began playing. I like the combat difficulty, it helps add a lot of immersion in a time where kings were great warriors. It also makes my companions more valuable than in Warband (elite troops are hard to train compared to well-equipped companions).

Would love to see a more bugfixed and improved Brytenwalda. Super excited if it's here for Bannerlord too. I learned more history from the mod than I could otherwise.

It'd be nice to have better spear animations - like in Rome At War.

I'm having trouble finding enough time a new BW version.
I enjoy coding, but this game does not have decent modding tools.
It basically takes 10's of hours to find and repeat bugs that I don't have right now.
I essentially need dedicated players who are willing to find and detail bugs.
I will be releasing a beta version with debug statements.
You will need to know how to access and save your log files and save and exit whenever your hit a bug.
I can then look at the bottom of your log and see what was being called just before that occurred.

Alternately, I'm considering making a pay-only version of VC.
I will need at least 2 helpers for either approach to make something useful.

I started playin' Brytenwalda a week ago and I really enjoy this mod :smile: This is exactly what I was lookin' for after PoP and ACOK, which haven't satisfied me.

I'm still playing Brytenwalda. I prefer the original 1.41 version. I made the mistake of trying Repolished and disliked it a lot, ended up starting over again with the original version.

Honved said:
Sadly, I can't seem to figure out mounted melee combat in Warband (which applies to Bytenwalda, other mods, or the base game, but was never a problem in original M&B, and rarely happens on foot), because my character keeps changing his attack direction without warning, or swinging while I'm still holding the button, and therefore striking to the wrong side of the horse or 10 feet before the opponent.  If it weren't for archery, I'd still be at level 2 or 3, rather than 6 or 7.  I REALLY hope they don't make melee even more complex for Bannerlord.
Figured it out.....flaky left mouse button was false-triggering during even minor wiggles of the button, which happens a lot when you're doing a lot of scrolling to steer with the same hand.  Still not as functional as original M&B, since my character too often chooses the wrong attack (stabbing instead of slashing, for instance) but reasonably playable.

Brytenwalda brings me way back to the good old days of Warband. I personally know the struggle of trying to mod with this engine, but if there was to be an updated version I'd be most happy!

I created an account just to post here.

I've played mount and blade (warband) years ago and just recently got into it again.
I am playing the Brytenwalda Reworked mod (via steam, i was suprised that the original was not on there [at least i was unable to find it] but i assume that the original is outdated version wise) right now and I would be quite happy to assist with the bugfinding.
I have no experience on how mount and blade stores logs that could be used for bugfinding but if you point me in the right direction I doubt it will be hard to learn.

On a personal note I really love that you can join armies of lords and more easily gain experience and money than if you were to fend for yourself at the start, with of course the risk of your lord being a dummy and getting attacked by a larger army himself (haven't happened yet luckily). It feels really great to just be a soldier and learn how the AI does battle while being able to flank hostiles with the spear and murder them from behind. You also can easily cozy up to a king and try to get vassalized after serving him for a while.
I also really like that ranged combat (bows specifically and in this mod javelins and bows are both legimiate being used while with most other mods javelins are pretty useless for the player especially in bigger battles - I always wanted to use javelins and not be punished and here i feel it really is part of the game more than just a style choice but actually valid) is not as strong as in vanilla or other mods where it is basically a no brainer to be a ranged combatant. Here you have a real tradeoff since you will be safer but you won't do that much damage either.
Additionally tournaments are much more winnable and less random (good luck fighting against a person on a horse when you get handed a bow and a club like in other mods/vanilla) being able to hide behind obstacles against ranged combatants and a more even placement of hostiles. No more getting overrun by multiple teams and you have enough time to organize your own teammates. Just love it!

A mod that puts one of my favorite games into one of my favorite historical periods?

I'll be playing this one forever.

Back
Top Bottom