How many battles do you lose?

In your typical playthrough, how often do you lose major battles?

• 0% of the time. (Never)

Votes: 38 29.5%
  • 1-3%

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • 4-10%

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • 11-15%

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • 16-25%

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • 26-33%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 34-50%

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 51% or higher.

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Can't honestly answer 0% but only because of early game & deliberate sacrificial battles to stop armies. Losing 100+ tier 5/6 troops means nothing to the player after a while because your garrisons can be stocked with them. Backup equipment can be swapped in & good stuff stored in a fief when you know you're likely to lose a battle, too. It's gaming it a bit, but not to a cheese or exploit level. Sometimes your doofus allies run into battles they won't win on their own because you're in the vicinity, and then the poor AI gets them all killed in the battle should you join it. Times like those are why I stock up on extra gear and overkill garrisons.

With the amount of people I kill in this game without ever losing, I not only wonder how many people are left and how clearly in bannerlord everyone execpt for NPCs reproduces through mitosis. Armies are like the hydra for example you kill one 2 more pop up. Difficulty hardly matter but I play on everything hardest and on ironman since it was added, I fight a lot even if outnumbered I knoe the AI will somehow do something dumb

Last edited:
Ok, you told not vs looters.
Actually it's the only ones vs who I lose, in the starting game, when overburdened and cannot escape :wink:

For the rest of the battles, I avoid hopeless battles, just common sense in fact.
So except an improper handling of my mouse leading to an unwanted battle :smile:

Trying to outnumber the ennemy so as to have reduced casualties.
Trying to "choose" maps with a good visibility so as to give proper orders of placement, etc.
If you have elite troops, you should try slightly disadvantaged combats
You gain so much more loot ,xp, renown and influence and it is fun and challenging :smile:

Can't honestly answer 0% but only because of early game & deliberate sacrificial battles to stop armies. Losing 100+ tier 5/6 troops means nothing to the player after a while because your garrisons can be stocked with them. Backup equipment can be swapped in & good stuff stored in a fief when you know you're likely to lose a battle, too. It's gaming it a bit, but not to a cheese or exploit level. Sometimes your doofus allies run into battles they won't win on their own because you're in the vicinity, and then the poor AI gets them all killed in the battle should you join it. Times like those are why I stock up on extra gear and overkill garrisons.
Can you really stock up on garrison?
With the starvation looming over my towns and the prosperity directly dependent on what's leftover food is there, i find it hard to keep a satisfactory amount of troops. It is usually around 200 but most of them are not elite since you pay full wages (garrisoned troops should seriously be paid half).
I lose last stand sieges sometimes, it is worth the battle experience and the roleplay element (Kingdom of heaven :p)

Can you really stock up on garrison?
With the starvation looming over my towns and the prosperity directly dependent on what's leftover food is there, i find it hard to keep a satisfactory amount of troops. It is usually around 200 but most of them are not elite since you pay full wages (garrisoned troops should seriously be paid half).
I lose last stand sieges sometimes, it is worth the battle experience and the roleplay element (Kingdom of heaven :p)
I got this mod called improved garrisons, and it automatically recruits prisoners from your dungeons to the garrison as well as upgrading troops at a decent rate. so after a lengthy campaign i come back and have 100 troops. it also allows garrison recruiter parties (dont need a leader) to recruit troops for you automatically (they might encounter enemies and get wiped though)

another way to "stock pile" your garrison is to put all your high tier troops there after training and just grab new recruits to train again. i'd say about 15% of my party is made of recruits between tier 2-4 and i just level them and when they hit 5-6 i sent them to garrison.

I got this mod called improved garrisons, and it automatically recruits prisoners from your dungeons to the garrison as well as upgrading troops at a decent rate. so after a lengthy campaign i come back and have 100 troops. it also allows garrison recruiter parties (dont need a leader) to recruit troops for you automatically (they might encounter enemies and get wiped though)

another way to "stock pile" your garrison is to put all your high tier troops there after training and just grab new recruits to train again. i'd say about 15% of my party is made of recruits between tier 2-4 and i just level them and when they hit 5-6 i sent them to garrison.
Mods are what's gonna make this game a real game. Just like warband. I just want them to implement as many ideas as possible from these mods for stability sake.
This one seems a bit overpowered though and not for me. I use mods that don't feel like they give me an unfair advantage in comparison to the AI, like the diplomacy mod.
It has some really cool features but i feel like it would make the game too easy for me :/

Hmmm, I mean lose as in actively failing to win in tactical combat? It happens on occasion, usually when I try and pick a fight with an army with my party.

Lose as in actually letting it effect the gamestate? Almost never. Takes too long to gather the troops I have in my parties for me to be willing to let it stand. I reload and don't take the fight.

Usually by the time I am a kingdom though, I simply don't lose. I'll have banked like 500 fully upgraded troops, and there's not a lot that can beat like 200ish battanian fians, and nothing that can take a city from 500 of them. I spend a fair bit of time in the landed clan but not kingdom yet step. Also I abuse smithing like a MFer.

Back
Top Bottom