How long till marriage?

Users who are viewing this thread

tobajas

Recruit
Heya folks.
So my question is how long does it take for the wedding to start?
I got the fathers approval to court his daughter. Got him bumped up to +50 approval.
Got the gal to +20 so she approved to marriage. Asked the daddy and he approved stateing that he wanted a dowry of 17000 denars i paid up and he told me to wait till everything was ready. Got 365 days to finish the quest and well that was about about 180 days ago still no wedding. A bunch of letters from the gal tough no approbal boost when finished though just the Soon were gonna get married yiiiipe! But were not allowed to talk until after.

I own 2 major cities 1 castle got 1159 renown 95 honor rateing 27 right to rule and im the marshal of swadia.

Anyhow anyone got a clue to how long it takes till the wedding starts cause i've just been camping for the last 3 hours waiting.

I have the same exact problem... I think you need to manually gather everyone for the feast. That would totally suck because her brother is on another faction that I am at war with...

You know, there are sites on the internetz that probably could help alleviate your "needs" until the marriage is done.

I dont know if you have to manually gather everyone for the feast since the father is telling me hes prepareing it when start to talk to him and i ask what he and his men are doing. I've read a few posts about how people are married so i was hopeing that they could give some pointers no respone yet though I've waited for 223 days now so only 137 days left till i fail the quest :grin:

Ehh I dont have any "needs" for the moment but im bored and watching the tv while waiting

Okay, I got married. It was weird though. I went to my king(Harlus) and said I wanted to not be with him any more. Immediately I got a note saying that the feast was ready. Maybe you should denounce your king and that will work? Hope it does.

That'd be pretty bad if you need to be a traitor for them to allow you to marry.  You should be able to marry regardless of if you have plans for breaking off and making your own faction or not.

Sounds like a bug. When I got married my first game it was pretty easy. Took a few days and then the feast was held.

So i waited till there were 5 days left till i failed the quest still no wedding so i went to the king renouced my oaths lost all my lands status hard earned approval but the wedding started instantly. Just lost 550 days of gameplay yippe! Well time for a restart i guess no fun now when i lost all my soldiers as well down to my companions and about 20 swadian knights and my max sized army is 100 vs the lowliest of lord now has 200 and the kings has 350 each because i spent most of my time waiting.

This may be the problem -- feasts do not occur if there is a campaign in progress.

If you were marshal the whole time, the kingdom is waiting on your say-so to do anything. So, until you resign your marshalship (or quit the faction), there will be no feast.

I'll add dialogs making it possible to resign the marshalship, and also add a warning to the message when the player is appointed marshal.

It ended up working fine for me, but that was mostly because of a LONG peacetime as the Nords.  I think we didn't have any war for six months. O_O  (I eventually just started doing war on my own!)

One weird thing though is that it certainly happened, but instead of the father doing the feast it was another lord.  When I went to the feast, I simply went up to the father and it happened...

Not sure if it's a bug or not.

Can you marry somebody in another faction? For example I sweared an oath to King Harlus and want to marry somebody from Sarranid Sultanate?

Just wondered if anyone could help me get past a problem I am having in courtship, it has stopped me progressing. I have posted but had no replies as yet.
I am courting Lady Thedosa, and she wants me to meet her at a spring outside the castle, (Tilbout) and though I have got outside the castle OK, I cannot find the spring. I found a "wet" embankment just past the rail leading from the castle, but after hours of searching, I can find no spring!
Can anyone help please!

Yozzer said:
Just wondered if anyone could help me get past a problem I am having in courtship, it has stopped me progressing. I have posted but had no replies as yet.
I am courting Lady Thedosa, and she wants me to meet her at a spring outside the castle, (Tilbout) and though I have got outside the castle OK, I cannot find the spring. I found a "wet" embankment just past the rail leading from the castle, but after hours of searching, I can find no spring!
Can anyone help please!

you don't meet any one outside the castle. Go to the castle and choose visit a lady. Choose the lady you want to visit and if you are invited you will pass a dialog saying her nurse sneaks you in. Then you will spawn in a room or a courtyard with eh lady, just run around and look for her.

Thanks for the reply, I think I will try for another wench, the one I have is clearly messing me about.
I got the message whilst on another quest that she really liked me and I should visit. I did, and was told to wait outside the castle walls by the spring, and she would be disguised as a shepherd girl, I then appeared in the castle keep with the nurse next to me. I did look around, but eventually went outside and opened the castle door, hence my search outside.
I will find another bird as it seems easier the way yours happened, and I did not really love her, just wanted power. Annoying as I had run around for her father to earn his gratitude.
Thanks again.
Brian

Whoa, thanks Felix, I gave it one last go and she was up the stairs waiting for me, a tad misleading the message I think, but now I can move on, at least I know how to get out of a castle now without jumping over the wall.  :lol:
Brian

nijis said:
This may be the problem -- feasts do not occur if there is a campaign in progress.

If you were marshal the whole time, the kingdom is waiting on your say-so to do anything. So, until you resign your marshalship (or quit the faction), there will be no feast.

I'll add dialogs making it possible to resign the marshalship, and also add a warning to the message when the player is appointed marshal.

I have a question.
When other "lords" had the marshalship they just had it for some time and then the voting for a new marshal starts.
Is this still the case when the player gets the marshalship?
Because then marriage won't be a problem and you don't have to resign your marshalship (with maybe a penalty of never been chosen again).

Back
Top Bottom